PDA

View Full Version : The Official Utes vs. Aggies 2013 Basketball Thread

Applejack
11-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Huge game coming up this Friday. The UC Davis Aggies of the [___] conference invade the Huntsman Center. What do we know about this squad?

They are 0-1 after a heartbreaking 17 point loss to Portland. I'll be tuning in to see them play tomorrow against the Holy Name University Hawks (website currently down).

If you are wondering what sort of person attends UC Davis (other than Californians who don't get into UCLA or Berkeley), here's a hint: their wikipedia alumni page lists six categories of famous alums:

Science
Politics
Arts & Entertainment
Government
Athletics
Winemaking

This should be SeattleUte's adopted favorite team from the [____] conference: oenophiles!

U-Ute
11-16-2013, 06:58 PM
I am starting to get a bit excited about this team. It really looks like they are continuing the trajectory they have been on the last two seasons

Wright could be a game changer. I can't think of a player in my time of following the Utes that had the talent and athleticism of this kid. The play where he picked the ball up at the top of the key, got to the hoop in two steps, an finished with the +1. It was something to behold.

Add in Loveridge, Fields, and Onwas, and we are starting to have the size and athleticism to compete again.

Even Van Dyke didn't look like a lost freshman. He was aggressive and played good D.

Speaking of defense I really liked the defense the team played as a whole. Against a team that likes to shoot the 3, they did a good job of closing without fouling, helping each other, and getting their hands on the inevitable long rebounds that happen with teams that shoot the 3. They moved their feet, and played smart.

I am excited to watch this team progress this season. It could be the base that launches us for the next few years.

Applejack
11-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I am starting to get a bit excited about this team. It really looks like they are continuing the trajectory they have been on the last two seasons

Wright could be a game changer. I can't think of a player in my time of following the Utes that had the talent and athleticism of this kid. The play where he picked the ball up at the top of the key, got to the hoop in two steps, an finished with the +1. It was something to behold.

Add in Loveridge, Fields, and Onwas, and we are starting to have the size and athleticism to compete again.

Even Van Dyke didn't look like a lost freshman. He was aggressive and played good D.

Speaking of defense I really liked the defense the team played as a whole. Against a team that likes to shoot the 3, they did a good job of closing without fouling, helping each other, and getting their hands on the inevitable long rebounds that happen with teams that shoot the 3. They moved their feet, and played smart.

I am excited to watch this team progress this season. It could be the base that launches us for the next few years.

Thank you, U-Ute, for contributing to the Official Game Thread! I look forward to more observations from the game against the Wine Bibbers.