PDA

View Full Version : The Ghost Thread

Viking
12-18-2013, 02:01 PM
We saw these crazy looking guys in black hoods at Rock in Rio. I was making fun of them...then they started playing. And they are GOOD.

The band claims to be a Satanic/black metal Scandi band but I suspect they are a "super group" of 4-5 famous guys who are pulling a hoax and creating a de facto Spinal Tap-type band and seeing how big they can get the band and then they'll unhood.

If you believe they are serious (and I don't), then stop now.

Most people I know will simply not listen due to the nature of the lyrics. I find them so over the top that there is no way they are serious about their supposed love for the dark lord.

Dave Grohl is allegedly in the band. I think the bassist is Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters/Rush producer). There are at least two drummers, one of whom is left-handed playing a right-handed kit. The guy we saw at Rock in Rio is uncannily similar to Larry Mullen of U2 and it wouldn't surprise me if it is him.

I think this is one of the most clever hoaxes in music history and the music is simply fantastic. They came out of the blue and had Metallica and a bunch of famous guys endorsing them from Day 1, so it's clear something is going on...

If you believe it's real, you shouldn't even bother, particularly if you are religious/offended by fake satanism. It's that over the top!