PDA

View Full Version : Utah vs Colorado 2-21-13

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Game Day Thread.

Here is the press release.

Feb. 18, 2013
Game Notes - Utah at Colorado (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/utah/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release.pdf)
2012-13 Schedule and Results (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/utah-m-baskbl-sched.html)
Game Information
Utah Runnin' Utes (11-14, 3-10) vs. Colorado Buffaloes (17-8, 7-6)
Date: Thursday, February 21
Tipoff: 8 p.m.
Arena: Coors Event Center
Television
Pac-12 Networks
Play-by-Play: JB Long
Analyst: Ernie Kent
In Salt Lake City: Comcast Ch. 37 or 757 (HD); DISH Ch. 413
Radio
Utah Sports Radio Network
ESPN 700 AM
Play-by-Play: Bill Riley
Analyst: Jimmy Soto
Internet
http://graphics.fansonly.com/graphics/teams/icons/media-icon-gt-90x20-off.gif
For up-to-date information including live stats, game notes, media guides, ticketing and more, visit www.UtahUtes.com.
Stay Connected
facebook.com/utahmbasketball
Twitter: @Runnin_Utes
facebook.com/utahathletics
Twitter: @utahathletics
Utah at Colorado - Quick Hits
• Utah erased a 13-point second-half deficit but could not come away with a victory, falling 68-64 to No. 9 Arizona on Sunday. Prior to that, the Utes knocked off Arizona State behind a career-high 26 points from Jason Washburn (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jason_washburn_362936.html).

• Over the last four games, Utah has held its opponents to 27.8 percent shooting from three-point range (22-of-79), but is a minus-35 on the glass (28.5-37.2).

• Utah leads the Pac-12 and ranks 28th nationally by limiting its opponents to 38.9 percent shooting from the field. The Utes are also tops in the league by holding their opponents to only 62.2 points per game.

• Offensively, the Utes rank 16th nationally, tops in the Pac-12, in assisted basket percentage (63.0%). Utah is also second in three-point field goal percentage (36.0%), tops in free throw percentage (74.9%) and second in points per shot (1.09)

• Colorado had won three in a row before losing at the buzzer in overtime to Arizona State on Saturday. CU leads the Pac-12 in field goal defense, allowing opponents to shoot only 41 percent in league games.
• Spencer Dinwiddie is averaging 23 points per game over the last three contests for the Buffaloes. Andre Roberson currently leads the nation in rebounding with an average of 11.8 per contest.
Last Time Out
Utah came up just short in its try at winning a third-straight at home, falling 68-64 to No. 9 Arizona. After falling behind by as many as 13, the Utes responded to tie the score before eventually succumbing.
Jarred DuBois (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jarred_dubois_799207.html) led Utah with 16 points, while Jason Washburn (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jason_washburn_362936.html) added 15 points and seven rebounds. Freshman Jeremy Olsen (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jeremy_olsen_450217.html) matched his career-highs in points (12) and rebounds (6), playing only 15 minutes off the bench. Freshman Dakarai Tucker (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/dakarai_tucker_811553.html) also had his best outing in league play, knocking down two crucial three-pointers.
The Utes, who were coming off a win over Arizona State, used a 12-2 run to erase a double-digit deficit and tie things coming down the stretch. Utah came in as the conference's leader in defensive field goal percentage, but the Wildcats shot an efficient 50 percent (11-of-22) from the field in the first half, then made their first four shots after the break to build a 41-28 advantage, their largest of the game.
Last Meeting
Brandon Taylor (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/brandon_taylor_799211.html) drew a charge with 9.7 seconds left and Glen Dean (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/glen_dean_752696.html) hit a pair of free throws on the other end to help Utah survive a late rally and upset Colorado 58-55.Washburn scored 13 points and collected 11 rebounds for his fourth double-double in conference play while Olsen added a career-high 12 points off the bench on 6-of-8 shooting.
Cedric Martin (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/cedric_martin_752359.html) tallied 11 points and Jarred DuBois (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jarred_dubois_799207.html) scored 10 points to help the Utes snap a two-game losing slide. Spencer Dinwiddie had 18 points while Andre Roberson chipped in 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Buffaloes. Utah opened up a 49-27 lead with 12:28 remaining in the game but Colorado went on a 22-3 to trim the gap to a single point, 54-53 with 1:45 to play.
Washburn Working Way Up Charts
Washburn has notched double-doubles in four conference games and is averaging 14.2 points and 8.5 rebounds per game while shooting 54 percent from the field. He currently ranks eighth in the league in rebounding, fifth in field-goal percentage and blocks.
Washburn is closing his Utah career with a flourish, scoring in double figures during 14 of the last 16 contests. He has now scored 974 points in his 115 career games. He is currently averaging 12.1 points per game after scoring at a career-best clip of 11.4 points per contest last year.
The Michigan native is ranked 15th in the nation when it comes to field goal percentage. Washburn is connecting on 57.6 percent of his attempts for the season after 60 percent shooting the last two weeks.

Loveridge Making Impact
Jordan Loveridge (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jordan_loveridge_799209.html) has emerged as one of the top freshmen in the Pac-12 Conference. Despite this being his first year, Loveridge is currently one of the league leaders in scoring (11.7) and rebounding (6.6).
The local product is fourth among conference newcomers in scoring and second in rebounding. The freshman poured in a career-best 24 points vs. Cal State Northridge and his points per game average ranks him fifth all-time for a Utah freshman, behind such greats as Keith Van Horn and Andrew Bogut (http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/andrew_bogut_73116.html).

Taylor Turning it Up
Taylor has come on strong for Utah during the conference season, scoring a career-high 21 points at Oregon State. Prior to that, the freshman had scored in double figures during three-straight games (Washington, Stanford and Cal), averaging 14.0 ppg during that span.

Taylor led all scorers with a career-high 19 points and six assists in the win over the previously-unbeaten Huskies in Seattle. The freshman also led the team in steals as the Runnin’ Utes captured their first road win since joining the Pac-12.

He currently ranks as one of the league leaders in three-point field goal percentage (.359) and is also averaging 3.4 assists the last five games.

DuBois Getting it Done for Utes
DuBois has scored 20 or more in four games this season and leads the Utes in scoring at 12.2 per contest. The senior transfer from Loyola Marymount has impressed in his first year with the club and finished with a team-high 16 points against Arizona.
He has scored in double figures four of the last five games and Sunday marked the first time DuBois led the team in scoring since notching 18 vs. USC (1/12/13).
DuBois has been one of the league's top sharpshooters, ranking fourth in the Pac-12 in three-point shooting percentage (.417). He also ranks second in the conference in free-throw percentage (92.9).
DuBois has been a steadying influence for the Ute backcourt as well, ranking fifth in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio. He also rates as one of the league leaders in total helpers (3.1 apg), tops among the Utes.

Utes on TV
Utah is 10-12 this season in televised contests and it will play all but three of their games on TV this season.

The Runnin’ Utes will appear on the Pac-12 Network a total of 23 times in the regular season. Utah will also play on ESPNU three times and make one appearance on FSN.

DrumNFeather
02-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Updated P12 Standings after last night's games:

Oregon 10-3 (21-5)
Arizona 10-4 (22-4)
UCLA 9-4 (19-7)
Arizona St. 9-5 (20-7)
Cal 8-5 (16-9)
Colorado 7-6 (17-8)
USC 7-6 (12-14)
Stanford 6-7 (15-11)
Washington 6-8 (14-13)
Oregon St. 3-10 (13-13)
Utah 3-10 (11-14)
Washington St. 2-12 (11-16)

Tonight's game ends up being pretty big for the Buffs. With Cal playing @ Oregon, a win and a Cal loss puts CU right on the cusp of that top four line in the conference chasing ASU and UCLA. For the Utes, it doesn't look like they'll be able to go any higher than the 10 seed in the conf. tournament barring a nice run here at the end of the season and a collapse by Washington or Stanford. Still, it'd be nice to see the Utes play well on this road trip, especially with two at home to finish the year.

UtahDan
02-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Nice work guys. The game day threads on this forum are going to rock.

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Updated P12 Standings after last night's games:

Oregon 10-3 (21-5)
Arizona 10-4 (22-4)
UCLA 9-4 (19-7)
Arizona St. 9-5 (20-7)
Cal 8-5 (16-9)
Colorado 7-6 (17-8)
USC 7-6 (12-14)
Stanford 6-7 (15-11)
Washington 6-8 (14-13)
Oregon St. 3-10 (13-13)
Utah 3-10 (11-14)
Washington St. 2-12 (11-16)

Tonight's game ends up being pretty big for the Buffs. With Cal playing @ Oregon, a win and a Cal loss puts CU right on the cusp of that top four line in the conference chasing ASU and UCLA. For the Utes, it doesn't look like they'll be able to go any higher than the 10 seed in the conf. tournament barring a nice run here at the end of the season and a collapse by Washington or Stanford. Still, it'd be nice to see the Utes play well on this road trip, especially with two at home to finish the year.

Does the tournament go?

Top 4 with byes
Bottom 8 play : 5 v 12, 6 v 11, 7 v 10, 8 v 9

or is there some other way they do the seedign? Also do they reseed after the first round? so the #1 team plays the lowest seed in the 2nd round?

Utah
02-21-2013, 07:25 AM
I hate that Colorado beat us in 2011 costing us a seat in the CCG. In a lot of ways, after the 2011 game and the 2012 game, I am really starting to dislike those Buffs.

DrumNFeather
02-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Does the tournament go?

Top 4 with byes
Bottom 8 play : 5 v 12, 6 v 11, 7 v 10, 8 v 9

or is there some other way they do the seedign? Also do they reseed after the first round? so the #1 team plays the lowest seed in the 2nd round?

Yep.

There is no reseeding in the later rounds. For selfish reasons, if the utes were 11 and advanced they'd be on ESPNU and then ESPN the rest of the way. All of the other games are on P12 N.

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Yep.

There is no reseeding in the later rounds. For selfish reasons, if the utes were 11 and advanced they'd be on ESPNU and then ESPN the rest of the way. All of the other games are on P12 N.

So will the #1 seed play the winner of the 8v9 or 5v12?

DrumNFeather
02-21-2013, 08:13 AM
So will the #1 seed play the winner of the 8v9 or 5v12?

8/9

http://championships.pac-12.com/mens-basketball/?src=hp_logo

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 08:14 AM
8/9

http://championships.pac-12.com/mens-basketball/?src=hp_logo

thank you... I looked all over for that damn thing and couldnt find it.

U-Ute
02-21-2013, 08:57 AM
As usual, per my schedule for this season, I will be watching on DVR delay... so I won't be able to participate in the live update on this thread...

Stuff I want to see:

Inside out play. The Utes are much better when the ball goes inside first.
Low turnovers.
Tough defense
Taylor to get back on track
More assertiveness from Loveridge
Less DuBois taking on 3 defenders.

I'm not expecting a win, but I'm hopeful. We have had an interesting track record of playing better on the road at times than at home.

SoCalPat
02-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Conference standings are pretty insignificant for a team like CU right now. No way it earns an at-large by being swept by a sub-150 RPI team. If we don't see the Buffs best game tonight, they don't deserve to go to the NCAAs.

UBlender
02-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I agree with Pat. CU absolutely cannot afford to lose this game at home and expect their NCAA aspirations to remain intact. They also seemed to have the Utes "figured out" for the last 10 minutes of the last matchup. We will see their best game tonight. I hope I am wrong, but I think this one could get (really) ugly for Utah.

U-Ute
02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
I agree with Pat. CU absolutely cannot afford to lose this game at home and expect their NCAA aspirations to remain intact. They also seemed to have the Utes "figured out" for the last 10 minutes of the last matchup. We will see their best game tonight. I hope I am wrong, but I think this one could get (really) ugly for Utah.

The problem with the CU game was the Utes didn't make CU pay for the press when we had opportunities to do so. We did a better job of that against ASU and Arizona, so I think we may have learned our lesson there.

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Fyi Utah is a 12.5 point dog and ids 15-7 ats this year. #1 in the ncaa

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 03:06 PM
The problem with the CU game was the Utes didn't make CU pay for the press when we had opportunities to do so. We did a better job of that against ASU and Arizona, so I think we may have learned our lesson there.

Based on the final ten minutes of the last game, you can almost bet CU comes out in some sort of press. The formula for this team to beat CU is the same as it has been for every other team the Utes have played. Slow pace of play, change defenses constantly (something I have LOVED watching in action), and hope enough outside shots fall to keep the middle open for Loveridge and Washburn. I am hopeful this game is not another "close-but-no-cigar" game. I imagine the team is sick of hearing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8uCV9_vmhQ

Rocker Ute
02-21-2013, 03:26 PM

When a team is that good against the spread what do you attribute that to? For me that is coaching.

The thing that Kodiak hasn't shown me yet is if he can recruit, Chapman would go a long way for that. But game strategy, player development, defense and offense have all seemed solid.

I guess the other area of concern is in game adjustments, but I can't tell if that is just due to lack of personnel or what.

A win tonight would be a sign this team is rounding a corner.

GarthUte
02-21-2013, 03:48 PM
When a team is that good against the spread what do you attribute that to? For me that is coaching.

The thing that Kodiak hasn't shown me yet is if he can recruit, Chapman would go a long way for that. But game strategy, player development, defense and offense have all seemed solid.

I guess the other area of concern is in game adjustments, but I can't tell if that is just due to lack of personnel or what.

A win tonight would be a sign this team is rounding a corner.

I don't know if we can judge his ability or inability to recruit based on two years. But I'd argue that landing Loveridge is hint that he may be able to do it and adding Chapman would tip it a bit more in that direction.

U-Ute
02-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Based on the final ten minutes of the last game, you can almost bet CU comes out in some sort of press. The formula for this team to beat CU is the same as it has been for every other team the Utes have played. Slow pace of play, change defenses constantly (something I have LOVED watching in action), and hope enough outside shots fall to keep the middle open for Loveridge and Washburn.

Oh no doubt. They're going to make us prove that we can solve it first...

I agree that we have to play D and be deliberate on offense, but we will need to get them out of that press by getting a couple of dunks early on.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Nice work guys. The game day threads on this forum are going to rock.

Abso-freakin'-lutely! I am loving this.

SoCalPat
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM

That's a good chunk of it and certainly Utah's mark ATS cannot be discredited (we closed very well ATS over the last 15 games of last year, too). At the same time, with 340 teams in Division I, there's a lot more time and opportunity to take advantage of Vegas before the books catch up. In short, Vegas is not immune from putting up bad lines in which smart players can take advantage -- even for a team like Utah in a high-profile league.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Damn I am excited for this game to get going. I am skipping my workout tonight to watch it. I have a feeling...

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 07:07 PM
I have always said. If you can follow an obscure conference like say the wcc then you can take advantage of the loose lines and make money

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Gametime baby!

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Gametime baby!

So far no huge lapse leading to an early hole. Phase 1 of the gameplan is a success. Phase 2 is that someone needs to get a hot hand early. Loveridge's 3 could be the beginning of a roll for him. Phase 3 is offensive rebounding advantage and phase 4 is Washburn dominates the middle on offense / aka Washbhrn plays an entire game on both sides of the court.

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Can we give up any more offensive rebounds? Just sayin'

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Gamecasting. What is the basic feel?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM

If we have a ton turnovers we work get killed

SavaUte
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
I don't know why the comcast feed has been so jumpy all year.. .

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Quiet home crowd so it seems. Utes looking pretty good early. Washburn is out and I missed why. He doesn't have any fouls.

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Under 12 Utes down 1 14 -13

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't know why the comcast feed has been so jumpy all year.. .

It's almost strobe light quality.

hostile
02-21-2013, 08:22 PM

Just started watching. Turnovers and offensive rebounds are an issue. Looks like we're hitting some threes early. Hopefully that part continues

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I like that this Utah team can actually run with people.

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Up by one. If we can continue to get the ball inside, Washburn is going to kill them.

hostile
02-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Up by one. If we can continue to get the ball inside, Washburn is going to kill them.
He's looking good early.

OrangeUte

That baseline reverse move of his is awesome.

Mormon Red Death
It's amazing how far Washburn has come. Two years ago he looked horrible

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Game is clearly playing at our pace. If we can just improve on the defensive glass, and limit turnovers, I like our chances.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Now they are into a man to man defense. I hope the switching up of the defense confuses Colorado.

Taylor makes his second 3. Hes a big game player. I like that he wants the ball and isn't afraid to shoot it.

SavaUte
02-21-2013, 08:27 PM
He's a huge reason I have so much confidence in lk

hostile
02-21-2013, 08:28 PM

Who would have thought that we would be wishing he had another year of eligibility.

hostile
02-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Good defensive rotations. I'll give up three point attempts to the center all night.

SavaUte
02-21-2013, 08:29 PM
I thought the boylen years didn't count

EutawStUtesFan
02-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Wow, Taylor is on fire, 10pts already, a big three to put us up 24-19.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 08:30 PM
"Looks" like a nice little run there. Five point lead

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Shoot. I thought Taylor was going to hit that 3. Great steal.

Jeromy in SLC
Anyone playing defenestration's over there? Both teams over 50%.

U-Ute
Nice to see Taylor finding his mojo again. It sounds like he is doing it with a bad wheel.

Utes are rebounding better and keeping CU to one shot.

26-21 Utah

UtahDan
02-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Can someone please link the live audio to the game if it exists? I am in my car and don't want to get killed looking for it.

SavaUte
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
I wish I knew about that fly fishing class when I went to The U

hostile
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Utes up 26-24 at the under 4.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:43 PM
http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/KALL

Not sure it has a mobile link. There is a radio app for kall 700

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 08:43 PM
I know I seem to be in the minority but I wish they'd lose the black road uniforms.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:44 PM
I know I seem to be in the minority but I wish they'd lose the black road uniforms.

I dig 'em.

U-Ute
Can someone please link the live audio to the game if it exists? I am in my car and don't want to get killed looking for it.

Requires Flash so you are out of luck on an iProduct.

IdahoUteTroutHead
Why do I have a sinking feeling that we will blow this incredible 2 point lead?

U-Ute
02-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Why is Scott not playing for CU?

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:46 PM

Gotta get the app.

UtahDan
02-21-2013, 08:47 PM

Doesn't look like it works on my android either. But thank you for trying. :-(

IdahoUteTroutHead
I'm with you LA....Red or White is all we need.

hostile
Concussion symptoms after a hard fall in the last game.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Doesn't look like it works on my android either. But thank you for trying. :-(

Try this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.espn.android.radio&hl=en

hostile
02-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Why do I have a sinking feeling that we will blow this incredible 2 point lead?
Because we can't figure out the half court trap?

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Because we can't figure out the half court trap?

Bingo. The strip on our second to last possession was sloppy.

Corvan
02-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Not going to lie. Down two at half is better than I thought Utah would be sitting at the half.

UtahDan
02-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Try this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.espn.android.radio&hl=en

That did it! Thank you!

U-Ute
02-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Gotta get the app.

Last time I checked, the app didn't work. That was right at the start of football season. Did they update it?

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Try an app called TuneIn Radio. You can listen to almost any AM station in the USA. I listen to KALL on it all the time.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:03 PM
I haven't had good luck with the KALL app.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:04 PM
TuneIn works on both Android and iOS.

Corvan
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
I definitely like the idea of having one official gameday thread like this one rather than 187 posts that last on the homepage for only a few minutes. I first saw it on bruingold.com and on rolltidebama.com posting outside of the official thread gits an automatic warning. Do it twice and you're suspended.

Keep up the good work!

U-Ute
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Try an app called TuneIn Radio. You can listen to almost any AM station in the USA. I listen to KALL on it all the time.

Aha! Thanks!

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Aha! Thanks!

I love the app.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Last time I checked, the app didn't work. That was right at the start of football season. Did they update it?

Yes. It's functional. I've listened to a bunch of games this season on it.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Ouch, Wash blocked

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Coming out with very little fire. LK called a good timeout there.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Hikes! Rough start yo the half.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Wow. Wash has to make those.

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM

Some injury sustained in the ASU game. When I saw the play that he was injured, concussion was my first thought. I didn't hear what they said, though

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:18 PM
We have come out very cooooooldddd.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Loveridge stops the bleeding. Need some defended and to take care. Of the ball.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:24 PM
I can't watch now so occasional score updates are appreciated. Tapatalk will either cause my divorce or help me avoid it.

hostile
02-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Better approach to the trap in the past few possessions with good looks at the basket.

Jeromy in SLC
47-38 Bad guys. 11:00 left

Jarid in Cedar
I like Tucker's game. for LA 49-41 CU, Under 10.

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Trouble is our offense is starting 40 feet from the basket. Our short guard line really struggles against double teams. There are open guys everywhere, but they cannot see them to get them the ball.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Delon Wright is at least pretty long. Hope!

hostile
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Trouble is our offense is starting 40 feet from the basket. Our short guard line really struggles against double teams. There are open guys everywhere, but they cannot see them to get them the ball.
They need to get the ball to the top of the key by passing to the bigs rather than by dribbling off a ball screen and allowing CUs big to double team.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Dubois needs to stop shooting.

hostile
02-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Tucker!!!

Jarid in Cedar
Tucker again. Starting to basically own any minutes Seymour was getting.

Jarid in Cedar
They need to get the ball to the top of the key by passing to the bigs rather than by dribbling off a ball screen and allowing CUs big to double team.

Agreed.

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Tucker shoots frozen ropes

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
We need More of that big play.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 09:39 PM

Amendment: dubois needs to let Tucker shoot..

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Amendment: dubois needs to let Tucker shoot..

hehe :)

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice pass!

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:43 PM
For LA, 48-53, 4 minutes.

LA Ute
02-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Score?

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:44 PM
48-55

LA Ute
Ah, so we're hanging in!

hostile
Roberson is killing us on the glass.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Time for and offensive explosion loveridge.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Gonna take flawless play down the stretch to pull this out.

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Should have been a 3 point play

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:49 PM

Yep. 2 stops and at least one hoop in the next 2 possessions. Then anything goes.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 09:51 PM
We need more patience on offense.

Foul!!!!!

Jarid in Cedar
Dubois has contributed to this team in many ways, but I think there is a reason that he was a 6th man at a middling WCC club.

hostile

Not happening tonight.

hostile
02-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Crap. Too many turnovers. Too many second looks for CU.

Jarid in Cedar
02-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Crap. Too many turnovers. Too many second looks for CU.

Bingo

hostile
02-21-2013, 09:55 PM

Now 16-7. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Well at least they covered. 16 -7 ats

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Got to get rebounds boys. I still like this team. We play hard.

What was the defense with Washburn playing up against guards and then dropping back. Almost looked like a variation of the box in one. It didn't disrupt much that Colorado was doing on offense.

Jeromy in SLC
02-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Never really recovered from that CU run the last four minutes of the first half and first four minutes of the second.

hostile
02-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Got to get rebounds boys. I still like this team. We play hard.

What was the defense with Washburn playing up against guards and then dropping back. Almost looked like a variation of the box in one. It didn't disrupt much that Colorado was doing on offense.
CU does a very good job of running their offense and keeping multiple players near the glass. When we are in the 2-3 we couldn't account for them all. Plus Roberson is a beast. He killed us from the opening tip.

SoCalPat
02-21-2013, 10:34 PM
CU does a very good job of running their offense and keeping multiple players near the glass. When we are in the 2-3 we couldn't account for them all. Plus Roberson is a beast. He killed us from the opening tip.

Roberson has killed us from the moment we joined this league.

U-Ute
02-22-2013, 08:22 AM

I cringe every time Tucker shoots. To his credit, they have been consistently going in lately. I just don't know how long that will last. His shot is not exactly textbook.