PDA

View Full Version : The baseball stadium Thread

Mormon Red Death
02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Here is where we talk about and post our favorite pics and items about Baseball Stadiums. I will start with this:

In 2009 I got to fulfill a lifelong dream of sitting in the rooftop seats outside of Wrigley. Also here is another shot of wrigley

GarthUte
02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
One of the greatest places to watch a ball game. Crown Colony Little League Field.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.142.851.315/p851x315/478408_370648599624309_1538238971_o.jpg

Utefan51
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
One of the greatest places to watch a ball game. Crown Colony Little League Field.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.142.851.315/p851x315/478408_370648599624309_1538238971_o.jpg

Make the infield grass and I would agree.

GarthUte
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
I wish we could, but sadly, a few decades ago, some idiot thought it would be a funny prank to salt the infield to get rid of the grass that used to be there.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 07:13 PM
I grew up without a favorite baseball team. I just liked watching games, especially in the summer when a game went into extra innings and i could watch until late with my dad. I have been to several MLB stadiums as an adult, and here is me talking about them.

i don't have pics to post yet, but will try to get them up.

obviously the old Yankee Stadium was a great venue. I went to several games there and it was more about the fact that i was there than being about the yankees. I also went to a mets game at Shea Stadium. Great place to watch a game. I love the unappreciated underdog - so, during teh time that i lived in NY, i cheered for the Mets.

I have been to games at Olympic STadium in Montreal and the Sky Dome in Toronto. I didn't enjoy either of those venues - the SkyDome was nice, but quiet and nobody really seemed to care about the game at all.

i loved Dodger Stadium, and didn't care one way or another about Angel Stadium. When I lived in Orange County, i cheered for the Dodgers because I worked in LA and my employer gave me tickets to a few games.

My personal favorite, though, is AT&T park. Something about San Francisco and being on the water is just awesome.

After seeing MRD's photos, it would be awesome to go to Wrigley and sit in those rooftop seats. There are some great quirks about many of these ball parks that i know nothing about.

OrangeUte
02-21-2013, 07:15 PM
and how could i forget derks field... growing up we watched many gulls games there, and everytime i eat a frosted animal cracker i think of that place because i dumped a whole bag down the bleachers and upset the whole gang we were with who then had nothing to eat.

Redbird
02-21-2013, 07:19 PM
I've seen games at the following ballparks:

Anaheim Stadium
Coors Field
Old Yankee Stadium
Petco Park

And last April, I had the best sports weekend of my life, seeing two games at Busch and seeing a Blues playoff game.

I've got hopes/plans of seeing the Cards play Houston on Tuesday/Wednesday and seeing the Cards in Wrigley Friday/Saturday in July, but it's not a guarantee.

mUUser
02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
I have a bucket list to take my son to all the MLB ballparks before he graduates from HS. This year we're hitting Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets and Nationals. That puts us at 11 I think.

LA Ute
02-26-2013, 11:44 AM
I have a bucket list to take my son to all the MLB ballparks before he graduates from HS. This year we're hitting Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets and Nationals. That puts us at 11 I think.

While you're in DC for the Nats, you should get up to Camden Yards in Baltimore. It's terrific.

Mormon Red Death
02-26-2013, 11:47 AM

I would be glad to attend with you at Comerica Park when you make your way up to Michigan. I go to 6-8 games a year.

UtahDan
02-26-2013, 11:48 AM

SuperGabers and I LOVE the Nats. Hit us up when you are in town and we would love to go with you, along with any other DC Utes who are interested. If you are interested that is. When were you thinking of coming here?

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Nationals park is beautiful, Camden is excellent as well. Good luck on your bucket list mUUser. I have 4 ballparks to go to get them all under my belt.

wuapinmon
02-26-2013, 12:04 PM
I watched many a game here. Just looking at it makes me think of the joy of a Dale Murphy home run.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2381/2498620704_9d496a385c_o.jpg

San Diego Ute Fan
02-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Petco Park is a nice venue. So much better than the old days in Jack Murphy (Qualcomm). I've attended many games in the corporate suites in the Western Metal building that was built around 1910 and incorporated into left field. If you're in town for game, check it out. Easy ticket.

mUUser
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
While you're in DC for the Nats, you should get up to Camden Yards in Baltimore. It's terrific.

Petco Park is a nice venue. So much better than the old days in Jack Murphy (Qualcomm). I've attended many games in the corporate suites in the Western Metal building that was built around 1910 and incorporated into left field. If you're in town for game, check it out. Easy ticket.

We hit the Pads 2 years ago and the O's about 4 years ago I believe. Even had Boog Powell BBQ. As for the itinerary, I have to make sure I can score tickets for the Sox and Yankees, otherwise we'll end up going the other way.....Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago and Milwaukee. We'll have to see I guess. Either way, it'll be good times.

mUUser
07-30-2013, 09:31 PM

Got home from our roadie today. Ended up going to Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, White Sox and Cubs. Such a great time. Can't wait for next years crop of stadiums.

OrangeUte
07-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Worst stadium is/was Olympic Stadium in Montreal. I caught a game there in 1999. Horrible.

By contrast, Shea Stadium for a mets game was a terrific place to see a game. The orange poles in the outfield and the scoreboard with the city skyline were great.

mUUser
01-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Got home from our roadie today. Ended up going to Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, White Sox and Cubs. Such a great time. Can't wait for next years crop of stadiums.

Tickets to Mets, Yankess and Red Sox in hand for May. That'll get us to 14. Should have 18 down by the end of summer. Love this game.

Mormon Red Death
01-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Tickets to Mets, Yankess and Red Sox in hand for May. That'll get us to 14. Should have 18 down by the end of summer. Love this game.

Passing thru st Louis this summer? Would love to go to a game with you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Applejack
05-13-2014, 02:02 PM

I missed this thread the first time. I have the same goal as muuuser - but I've been stuck on 15 for years (stupid Midwest). I have plans to catch a Twins game this year, though. Anyone been to target field? Where are the good nachos?

hostile
05-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Here's my youngest at Yankee stadium earlier this year.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/hawesjp/Mobile%20Uploads/03BC66C3-7F84-4B25-93C3-4C94B8E56F08.jpg (http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/hawesjp/media/Mobile%20Uploads/03BC66C3-7F84-4B25-93C3-4C94B8E56F08.jpg.html)

hostile
05-14-2014, 12:19 AM
I've got some catching up to do, having only hit Petco and Fenway prior to this year. We did catch games in Yankee stadium and Wrigley earlier this year.

LA Ute
05-14-2014, 06:25 AM
I'll be at Yankee Stadium in June. I haven't been to too many others. My list:

The old Yankee Stadium
Fenway Park
Wrigley Field
Camden Yard
Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay)
The Anaheim Franchise's park
Dodger Stadium

I've got to get around more. I should have made it to Petco and AT&T by now.

Applejack
05-14-2014, 07:49 AM
I'll post my list so that I can keep track digitally:

- Red Sox
- Yankees
- Mets
- Phillies
- Nationals
- Orioles
- Cardinals
- White Sox
- Astros
- Dodgers
- Padres
- A's
- Angels of Anaheim
- Giants
- Diamondbacks

I'm basically missing the midwest and Florida. I think the hardest one for me to visit will be Tropicana Field (I can't imagine why I would be in Tampa in the summer). Hopefully the D-Rays will relocate before I die.

hostile
05-14-2014, 09:03 AM
I'll post my list so that I can keep track digitally:

- Red Sox
- Yankees
- Mets
- Phillies
- Nationals
- Orioles
- Cardinals
- White Sox
- Astros
- Dodgers
- Padres
- A's
- Angels of Anaheim
- Giants
- Diamondbacks

I'm basically missing the midwest and Florida. I think the hardest one for me to visit will be Tropicana Field (I can't imagine why I would be in Tampa in the summer). Hopefully the D-Rays will relocate before I die.

Ill be in Tampa in October. Unless the Rays make a deep playoff run I won't catch them this year.

I have been to Veterans stadium and Olympic Stadium. I'll agree w/ OrangeUte re: the Expos old home although I was too young to realize it at the time. I did I get to see Valenzuela pitch.