PDA

View Full Version : What changes have been made to the Huntsman center?

1MNUte
10-15-2014, 10:51 AM
As an out of stater, likely not being able to get back to Salt Lake this year, what changes have been made to the Hunty? Have any of you seen it? I think I read somewhere that the project cost was around 37 million. What do you get for 37 million these days?

Diehard Ute
10-15-2014, 12:00 PM
As an out of stater, likely not being able to get back to Salt Lake this year, what changes have been made to the Hunty? Have any of you seen it? I think I read somewhere that the project cost was around 37 million. What do you get for 37 million these days?

That's the cost of the Jon & Karen Huntsman Basketball facility. Not the JMHC. The JMHC had the cloud removed, new floor, new lights, new sound system and a curtain system that allows capacity to be reduced

Old Standing ute
10-15-2014, 09:12 PM

They also put in a row of seats courtside & 2 rows behind so there is no open area where cheer-leaders were--all that moves to the ends. It will make the court more closed in--more fans closer to the players.

LA Ute
10-16-2014, 11:12 AM
They also put in a row of seats courtside & 2 rows behind so there is no open area where cheer-leaders were--all that moves to the ends. It will make the court more closed in--more fans closer to the players.

Thus improving our already-formidable home court advantage a bit, I hope.

Diehard Ute
10-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Per an article yesterday the new lights will allow darked out introductions etc.

The new lights are all LED, instant on, far less energy used. Old lights were the old 15 minute warmup variety that burned out often. They'd have to turn 2/3 off 20 minutes before intros at gymnastics meets to have enough light to start.

Diehard Ute
10-21-2014, 11:26 PM
The arena lighting is drastically better and the sound system is even more noticeable. I could hear the announcer for the first time in years.

They've cleaned up the banners. Only NCAA accomplishments are hanging now.

The retired number banners have been replaced as well

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/22/ajybesyr.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/22/aqysamun.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/22/3a8uhyqa.jpg

chrisrenrut
10-22-2014, 07:03 AM
There was something weird going on with the lights in the upper sections. Although the curtains were drawn, they had some lights shining down into each portal that kept going on and off. I'm not sure if the light switch for those lights is at kid level somewhere on the concourse or if there was a glitch somewhere. It got a bit distracting.

UtahsMrSports
10-22-2014, 07:13 AM
I guess I just dont pay enough attention but I did not notice anything different with the sound system. I did like the new court and I have to say that I really liked the curtains being down to close off the upper sections. It made it feel more intimate. I liked the court more than I thought I would. It was just nice to be back in that building again!

Diehard Ute
10-22-2014, 07:59 AM
There was something weird going on with the lights in the upper sections. Although the curtains were drawn, they had some lights shining down into each portal that kept going on and off. I'm not sure if the light switch for those lights is at kid level somewhere on the concourse or if there was a glitch somewhere. It got a bit distracting.

They're the lights that shine on the aisles when the lights for the arena aren't on. They were doing the same thing in the lower bowl too. Just wasn't as noticeable. Guessing it was a glitch