PDA

View Full Version : Post Erickson hire poll. How many games do we win?

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Now that the recruits are signed, Erickson is onboard how many games do you think the Utes will win (not counting post-season)?

Mormon Red Death
02-22-2013, 11:45 AM
counting a bowl?

big z
02-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm going 6-6 and that's just based upon what we saw at the end of last season. 7 wins total with a bowl game

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 11:48 AM
counting a bowl?

Just regular season. Not counting a bowl or conference title game.

Hadrian
02-22-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty optimistic at this point so I voted 8.

Sullyute
02-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Just regular season. Not counting a bowl or
conference title game.

As tough as our schedule is next year I hope we get bowl eligible with 6 win. Anything above that is icing on the cake.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hockeybeard
02-22-2013, 01:48 PM
12!!!

Utah
02-22-2013, 01:50 PM
8 wins:

Utah State @ home = win
Weber State @ home = win
Oregon St @ home = win - Utah will play great at home, they played OSU tough last year, and I think PAC-12 players see Utah closer to Colorado than themselves.
BYU on the road = win. Duh.
UCLA @ home = toss up. Again, we played UCLA tough on the road last year, the team will be 4-0 at this point, stands will be loud, etc
Stanford @ home = I want so bad to say this will be our "signature" win in the PAC-12. But loss.
@ Arizona = win. We will be feeling saucy have started out 5-1. This will put us up to six wins. Utah fans will be going all zoob at this point.
@ USC = loss. See above comments. Zoobs don't win.
ASU @ home = loss. This will always be a loss until they stop bitch slapping us. We are BYU to ASU.
@ Oregon = loss. Duh.
@ WSU = win. We are a better, more talented team
Colorado @ home = win.

8-4.

big z
02-22-2013, 03:00 PM
8 wins:

Utah State @ home = win
Weber State @ home = win
Oregon St @ home = win - Utah will play great at home, they played OSU tough last year, and I think PAC-12 players see Utah closer to Colorado than themselves.
BYU on the road = win. Duh.
UCLA @ home = toss up. Again, we played UCLA tough on the road last year, the team will be 4-0 at this point, stands will be loud, etc
Stanford @ home = I want so bad to say this will be our "signature" win in the PAC-12. But loss.
@ Arizona = win. We will be feeling saucy have started out 5-1. This will put us up to six wins. Utah fans will be going all zoob at this point.
@ USC = loss. See above comments. Zoobs don't win.
ASU @ home = loss. This will always be a loss until they stop bitch slapping us. We are BYU to ASU.
@ Oregon = loss. Duh.
@ WSU = win. We are a better, more talented team
Colorado @ home = win.

8-4.

Between Stanford and USC, I'd say we have a better shot at beating USC.

Utah
02-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Between Stanford and USC, I'd say we have a better shot at beating USC.

I thought that as well, but I do have both as losses.

I agree with you but, if what I say is correct, I see us being 6-1 going into that USC game, probably ranked, on the road, zoob-ish feeling percolating, and we crap the bed on the road.

I have hopes, albeit slim, about Stanford because they are a more grind it out team and I think we match up better against them. I feel like Stanford could be a team that no matter how good they are, we have a shot because we will always matchup well with them. Kind of like ASU and us. They are so fast and so spread out that we will always struggle with them, no matter how good we are/bad they are.

SavaUte
02-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Wow, I didn't think I was the biggest pessemist here, but i'm the lone guy that said 5

Hockeybeard
02-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Wow, I didn't think I was the biggest pessemist here, but i'm the lone guy that said 5

It is the off season, optimism abounds! Go ahead, drink the kool-aid...it's nummy!

mpfunk
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I'll be happy with 6 wins. I will be thrilled if the Utes win 7 or more games. I'll be disappointed, but tolerant if the Utes win 5 games. I'll be pissed if the Utes win 4 or fewer games.

The transition to the Pac-12 was a hell of lot harder than most people anticipated and it is going to take time for the Utes to be good in our tougher conference.

Jeromy in SLC
02-22-2013, 04:15 PM
For the sake of recruiting, interest/buzz for the program, and just general fuzziness for the fans, six wins and a bowl win is a must for 2013. And that will be a tall order with the step-function increase of difficulty between Cal-UW and Stanford-Oregon. However, the schedule is sooooo wonky next year with all of the early home games. It is possible that they get some momentum and confidence heading into the back half and surprise us. Frankly, I am more interested to see the Spring game this year than I have been since 2009.

johnyrook
02-22-2013, 04:24 PM
I think we win 8. Love the new site

Ute Dawg
02-22-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm going with 7 wins.

wally
02-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I think we win 6-7. Too many unknowns to predict any more, but I have to think that the offense improves at least a little.

Homer Crimson
02-23-2013, 09:15 AM
I haven't whiffed a hint of Koolaid in over a year and think our offensive identity is going to take more than a season to establish. I hope like hell that I'm wrong, but I think this season is going to be the low point before we start climbing out of the cellar. 4 wins.

LA Ute
02-23-2013, 09:49 AM
I think we win 6-7. Too many unknowns to predict any more, but I have to think that the offense improves at least a little.

I agree. My fervent hope is that you and I are right. My fear is that we are wrong. I'd be jumping for joy with 7 wins, but I think it takes a lot of Kool-Aid to get very confident about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tutclub
02-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I agree. My fervent hope is that you and I are right. My fear is that we are wrong. I'd be jumping for joy with 7 wins, but I think it takes a lot of Kool-Aid to get very confident about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Put a little Vodka in the Kool-Aid and it gets better!!!

We need to stay healthy, the injury bug has been a bit unkind the past few years!!!

OrangeUte
02-23-2013, 12:39 PM
I think Utah gets bowl eligible next year with 6-8 wins. Pure speculation but I think we play Stanford tough at home in our only home loss.