PDA

View Full Version : Which QB will have the best career at Utah when it's all said and done?

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 12:03 PM
I love our QB situation now.

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-22-2013, 12:09 PM
I have to agree Tacoma, the amount of depth we have at this position is exciting. Just hoping the right guy rises to the top. At this point I think it is all about Wilson.

mpfunk
02-22-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about the current QB situation. I'm optimistic about having DE in the fold and how he can also improve our QB talent going forward.

IdahoUteTroutHead
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
"Cautious" is my operative word for the next couple years as we watch these guys battle it out.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 12:17 PM
I split my vote between Wilson and Cox. I was tempted to put Micah. I think he has a shot to be great even though most people think he will not play on the offensive side of the ball. I like all 6 guys.

LA Ute
02-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Welcome,Tacoma!

SavaUte
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Love me some Schultz. If he doesn't see the field this year with fresh eyes running the offense, I'll back down.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Welcome,Tacoma!

Thanks LA! Great site.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Love me some Schultz. If he doesn't see the field this year with fresh eyes running the offense, I'll back down.

That guy has an arm!

Utah
02-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I say Wilson. 4 years as the starting QB. That will be hard to beat. Throw in DE with his throwing offense and Wilson/Manning being more his style of QB.

I think Wilson, Manning and Shultz stay at QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cox and Thomas move/transfer. It seems like DE's offense doesn't use a running QB as much so that is why I put a higher chance of the passers (Wilson, Schultz, Manning) over the dual threat guys.

Sullyute
02-22-2013, 03:52 PM

:cheers: I think the same thing. I would love for him to see some serious playing time. I keep thinking that he could be like Brett Radliff and put on a show if given some game time.

Jeromy in SLC
02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I say Wilson. 4 years as the starting QB. That will be hard to beat. Throw in DE with his throwing offense and Wilson/Manning being more his style of QB.

I think Wilson, Manning and Shultz stay at QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cox and Thomas move/transfer. It seems like DE's offense doesn't use a running QB as much so that is why I put a higher chance of the passers (Wilson, Schultz, Manning) over the dual threat guys.

Having never seen Cox, Thomas, or Manning throw, I cannot comment on their abilities as passers. But dual-threat doesn't necessarily mean "spread-option". Luck (and now Nunes) made a lot of big plays for Stanford with his feet. He also had a feel for where and when to run, even sometimes giving up on the pass pattern just because he saw a huge space to run to. Go watch tapes of 2003 and 2004. See how many time Alex Smith would drop back for a pass, then improvise and just take off for a big gain.

I suspect Wilson will be the guy coming out of spring. He has game time, rapport with the receivers, and he appears to have some mobility. What I saw from him was a lack of confidence when he ran, like he wasn't sure he was doing the right thing.

johnyrook
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
I have a feeling about Thomas. He seems incredibly driven.

Tacoma Ute
02-22-2013, 06:17 PM
I have a feeling about Thomas. He seems incredibly driven.

Indeed. He said something to the effect that he wants to work to become the best QB Utah has ever had.

Utah
02-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Having never seen Cox, Thomas, or Manning throw, I cannot comment on their abilities as passers. But dual-threat doesn't necessarily mean "spread-option". Luck (and now Nunes) made a lot of big plays for Stanford with his feet. He also had a feel for where and when to run, even sometimes giving up on the pass pattern just because he saw a huge space to run to. Go watch tapes of 2003 and 2004. See how many time Alex Smith would drop back for a pass, then improvise and just take off for a big gain.

I suspect Wilson will be the guy coming out of spring. He has game time, rapport with the receivers, and he appears to have some mobility. What I saw from him was a lack of confidence when he ran, like he wasn't sure he was doing the right thing.

Good points.

Utahute72
02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I think Micah Thomas may surprise.

Snowman
02-25-2013, 06:07 PM
When Travis hits his stride he's going to be like Roethlisberger. Except he's an inch taller and doesn't rape people.