PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you, Steve M.

Viking
04-13-2016, 03:57 PM
you will censor swear words, but not this from Cougarboard.com:

"I am of the opinion getting raped is punishment enough for bad decisons"

written by "Rogue Gunner"

I believe in free speech. But I also believe in consequences. Steve, ban Rogue Gunner immediately and remove this disgusting text from your site.

Viking
04-13-2016, 04:03 PM
here's the link:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=15737518

Scratch
04-13-2016, 04:15 PM
you will censor swear words, but not this from Cougarboard.com:

"I am of the opinion getting raped is punishment enough for bad decisons"

written by "Rogue Gunner"

I believe in free speech. But I also believe in consequences. Steve, ban Rogue Gunner immediately and remove this disgusting text from your site.

I'm going to kind of defend that dude, to the extent that you are totally taking what he said out of context. All he's saying is that someone who has been raped has been through enough that it's wrong and totally unnecessary to drag them through honor code discipline. Is that not a defensible position?

Viking
04-13-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm going to kind of defend that dude, to the extent that you are totally taking what he said out of context. All he's saying is that someone who has been raped has been through enough that it's wrong and totally unnecessary to drag them through honor code discipline. Is that not a defensible position?

what are the "bad decisons"?

Scratch
04-13-2016, 04:45 PM
what are the "bad decisons"?

Apparently violating the honor code.

Viking
04-13-2016, 05:03 PM
Apparently violating the honor code.

are you saying someone who was raped violated the honor code?

Scratch
04-13-2016, 05:17 PM
are you saying someone who was raped violated the honor code?

Are you aware of the discussion that is going on in that thread you're ranting about? No one has said that being raped is violating the honor code.

Viking
04-13-2016, 06:22 PM
Are you aware of the discussion that is going on in that thread yoiu're ranting about? No one has said that being raped is violating the honor code.

pray tell, what did I take out of context?

Scratch
04-13-2016, 06:34 PM
pray tell, what did I take out of context?

No one ever said that someone violated the honor code by getting raped

U-Ute
04-13-2016, 07:14 PM
The point is that someone who is raped is automatically questioned about their actions leading up to the rape and whether or not they violate the Honor Code. The implication being that if you were violating the honor code you are somehow culpable for the attack on you.

On top of that any punishments for Honor Code violations come on the heels of being sexually attached which is already emotionally and physically difficult. Putting insult on top of the injury.

The whole thing is utterly insane.

Scratch
04-13-2016, 09:05 PM
The point is that someone who is raped is automatically questioned about their actions leading up to the rape and whether or not they violate the Honor Code. The implication being that if you were violating the honor code you are somehow culpable for the attack on you.

On top of that any punishments for Honor Code violations come on the heels of being sexually attached which is already emotionally and physically difficult. Putting insult on top of the injury.

The whole thing is utterly insane.

I agree that it's an insane policy because of the chilling effect, but I also think you're reading a little too much into it by saying that "the implication being that if you were violating the honor code you are somehow culpable for the attack on you."

Diehard Ute
04-13-2016, 09:24 PM
I agree that it's an insane policy because of the chilling effect, but I also think you're reading a little too much into it by saying that "the implication being that if you were violating the honor code you are somehow culpable for the attack on you."

What do you think he meant by saying the sexual assault was punishment enough?

He's saying the honor code doesn't need to be enforced because they were already punished for their short skirt, or being out late, or having a drink. It's saying her skirt length was the reason she was assaulted.

It's that thinking that's so wrong. The only person to blame for such a crime is the disturbed individual who thinks its ok to defile another human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scratch
04-13-2016, 09:45 PM
It's that thinking that's so wrong. The only person to blame for such a crime is the disturbed individual who thinks its ok to defile another human being.

I agree completely with all of that. What he's saying is that the person has already gone through so much that any relatively minor honor code infractions should be disregarded so that the victims are willing to come forward and report the assault. "Punishment" isn't the right word, but the context he was using was saying that it's ridiculous for the honor code to worry about any honor code violations that may have occurred in conjunction with the assault.

Diehard Ute
04-13-2016, 10:29 PM
I agree completely with all of that. What he's saying is that the person has already gone through so much that any relatively minor honor code infractions should be disregarded so that the victims are willing to come forward and report the assault. "Punishment" isn't the right word, but the context he was using was saying that it's ridiculous for the honor code to worry about any honor code violations that may have occurred in conjunction with the assault.

The problem is HIS viewpoint is sexual assault is some form of punishment for the victims choices.

We have to change that thinking. It's complete crap.

Scratch
04-13-2016, 10:32 PM
The problem is HIS viewpoint is sexual assault is some form of punishment for the victims choices.

We have to change that thinking. It's complete crap.

I agree if that's what he was saying, but reading all the thread I don't think that's what he was saying.

Scorcho
04-13-2016, 10:42 PM
this is like getting a ticket for trespassing on private property, because you were raped on someones lawn or if you were raped in your car you got arrested for disturbing the peace or violating a noise ordinance