PDA

View Full Version : After a trip to the restroom, I came back to my desk to find this wallpaper

San Diego Ute Fan
04-26-2013, 11:55 AM
on my screen in all its glory. Someone is going to die today.

chrisrenrut
04-26-2013, 12:34 PM
on my screen in all its glory. Someone is going to die today.

I work for a financial institution, and customer data security is paramount. We require everyone to lock their computers when they walk away for even a breif minute. When someone forgets, it is open season. Some of the favorite things I have seen:

-Push Ctr-Alt-Arrow Button to re-orient the display on the screen sideways or upside down.

-Making this (http://www.weird-websites.info/Ugly-People/fat-images/big-fat-men-pictures-wrestlers.jpg)picture the desktop background

-Sending out mass emails with embarrasing information. The one I best remember was an apology for the persons flatulence that day, since he had only had coffee and brocolli for breakfast.

If you want to get really mean and have the know-how, you can catpure a screenshot of their current screen, and make it the person's default picture. Then lock the screen and hide the login prompt below the screen. The person will come back to a screen that looks normal, but won't do anything. Unless they can figure it our, they will have to restart their computer, and potentially lose anything they hadn't saved.

Scratch
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
In law school, we would always enter a new auto-correct term, so that whenever the person typed a simple word like "the" or "and" or something like that, it would be auto-corrected with something wildly inappropriate.

U-Ute
04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
My favorite is to take a screen grab of their desktop, make that image their desktop, then hide all of their windows and icons.

When they get back, everything looks exactly the same, but you can't click on anything because they're just looking at the desktop.

U-Ute
04-26-2013, 01:51 PM
In law school, we would always enter a new auto-correct term, so that whenever the person typed a simple word like "the" or "and" or something like that, it would be auto-corrected with something wildly inappropriate.

This is also a favorite prank for iPhones, which allow you to convert shorthand words like "LOL" and "OMW" to wildly inappropriate phrases that they then inadvertently send to their mom.

LA Ute
04-27-2013, 08:30 AM
I am not letting any you guys near any of my electronic devices.

Diehard Ute
04-27-2013, 02:44 PM
This is also a favorite prank for iPhones, which allow you to convert shorthand words like "LOL" and "OMW" to wildly inappropriate phrases that they then inadvertently send to their mom.

One word. Passcode.

U-Ute
04-27-2013, 02:45 PM
One word. Passcode.

A lesson quickly learned when an inappropriate text is sent to dear ol mum.