The recent video of a 12 year old utah county girl is interesting and has created a lot of discussion.

I've read several opinion pieces and even watched a one hour episode of "Mormon Stories" (for which I feel like I deserve a Klondike bar......say what you will about him but Dehlin is a lousy host) with the girl and her mom.

While I agree with some who say that F&T is not the appropriate place to do this, its also a somewhat hollow argument as I think anyone who's been to many of those meetings knows that there's a lot of stuff said that's not appropriate for the meeting. I've heard nutty political rants from the far right fringes, TMI, etc.

I get what the stake presidency guy was thinking because he had no idea how long she was going to go on. But I really wish he had just let her finish. Or at least have the guts to respond himself instead of sending that nervous counselor. This is a different (and I'd argue smaller) story if he just lets her finish.

I'm also not a fan of the friend recording it. Unless there's some crazy circumstance, its be nice to be respectful of the rules.