Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travis Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'm with you. I didn't expect much improvement this year, but he has been much better than last. I don't think we've seen the fade, but to be honest, I hate that play unless Mike McCoy is throwing it.
    I agree, the fade is a throw only the best QB should make. When run/thrown perfectly though, it is a thing of beauty. Chuckie had a good one against us.

Travis was selected PAC-12 player of the week. Congrats to him, and here is to winning this award many more times.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Here's the press release, which is kinda fun to read.

WALNUT CREEK, Calif. - Utah sophomore quarterback Travis Wilson, who on Sunday was named the Athlon Sports National Player of the Week, was recognized today as the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week. Wilson led Utah to a 20-13 win over BYU on Sept. 21 for Utah’s fourth-straight win over its instate rival.

Wilson completed 24-of-35 passes (69%) for 273 yards and two touchdowns (no interceptions). His numbers included a 74-yard pass to Dres Anderson---Wilson’s fifth pass play of more than 50 yards this season. With Utah holding a tenuous 13-6 lead to start the fourth quarter, Wilson engineered a 12-play, 79-yard drive that concluded with a 2-yard touchdown pass to Karl Williams and put the Utes up 20-6.

Wilson becomes Utah’s first Pac-12 Player of the Week this season and he is the first to earn the offensive weekly award since the Utes joined the conference in 2011.

The Utes have a bye week before hosting UCLA on Thursday, Oct. 3 at 8:00 p.m. MT.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I can't remember loving a sophomore qb this much. What a frame, what size, and he's durable. I love the killer look inside his helmet. He seems to be a real leader. There was one pass where yes, he threw into triple coverage, but threaded the needle. The long ball will come. The running is a bonus. He came to us as a drop back passer, which is what he really is fundamentally.

He'll be playing on Sundays and I'm afraid we may not have him three years. I'm so glad he's got Dennis Erickson mentoring him.
    I can and he was picked #1 in the draft

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I can and he was picked #1 in the draft

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    And Scott Mitchell was eons ahead of both Alex and Travis as a sophomore.

Travis has signed with the L.A. Rams as a tight end. Wow. Good for him.

The Los Angeles Rams officially signed TE Travis Wilson to a contract on Tuesday.

Wilson is a former college quarterback, who is converting to tight end in the hope of making it in the NFL. He wound up going undrafted out of Utah back in May of last year.

According to Adam Caplan, Wilson took part in the Bengals minicamp last year on a tryout basis but wasn’t signed to a contract.

During his college career, Wilson threw for 7,401 yards while completing 60.5 percent of his passes to go along with 54 touchdowns and 37 interceptions. He also rushed for 1,226 yards and 21 touchdowns.
    http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-sign-te-travis-wilson/
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-28-2017 at 07:37 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Travis has signed with the L.A. Rams as a tight end. Wow. Good for him.

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-sign-te-travis-wilson/
    I always felt this was his natural position, with his toughness, height, and running ability. I assume he's got decent hands.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Good for Trav. He is faster than he looks, and has great leaping ability and hands. I hope he earns a spot there.

I can't remember loving a sophomore qb this much. What a frame, what size, and he's durable. I love the killer look inside his helmet. He seems to be a real leader. There was one pass where yes, he threw into triple coverage, but threaded the needle. The long ball will come. The running is a bonus. He came to us as a drop back passer, which is what he really is fundamentally.

He'll be playing on Sundays and I'm afraid we may not have him three years. I'm so glad he's got Dennis Erickson mentoring him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Wow! I don't think he'll be (a) playing on Sundays or (b) leaving school early to pursue NFL dreams. But we certainly have established his ceiling and fairly quickly at that.
    I have a colleague who's very knowledgeable about and long time connected with the NFL who disagrees with you.
    Tell your colleague he threw up an airball!

Interview with Travis on Hackett & OC show (I haven't listened yet):

https://espn700sports.com/interviews...ormer-utah-qb/

--Yeats

Utah QB Travis Wilson will catch 35 passes

LOS ANGELES -- Jordan Palmer, the younger brother of Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer, has the same bet going with multiple people. Palmer is adamant in his belief that Travis Wilson, undrafted as a quarterback last year, will make at least 35 catches as a rookie tight end for the Los Angeles Rams this season. And if you want a piece of the action, just let him know.

He thinks it's easy money, even though the odds seem so heavily stacked against him.

You might remember Wilson as a four-year starter at Utah, where he played quarterback from 2012 to '15, and you might be wondering what he has been up to since.

Well, Wilson basically sat out the 2016 calendar year. He spent a significant part of it earning $12 an hour at a surf shop in Laguna Beach and did his best to stay in shape. He was going to move to Australia and play quarterback for a startup league on the other side of the world, but the inaugural season was postponed....

--Yeats