Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Was Mitt Romney Right About Everything?

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    I assumed the 20% he referred was already the CGTR. Otherwise, they'd be pushing 40%. I'm curious what magical loopholes and deductions a guy making $500k-$1mm uses to push it to 10%.
    There is none. Guys making that kind of money (like some of our fellow posters here) pay shit tons of taxes. That's why small businessmen are generally Republican.

Have you all seen this:

Poll: Obama 'worst president' since World War II

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theov...nton/11985837/

The Quinnipiac poll also reports that 45% believe the nation would be better off had Mitt Romney defeated Obama in the 2012 presidential election; 38% say the country would be worse off with a Romney presidency.

Obama is the worst president between Jan 2009 and early 2017. At least they got that part right.

By far and away he is the third worst in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Obama is the worst president between Jan 2009 and early 2017. At least they got that part right.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Well, the jury is still out on Trump so far, I suppose. And I guess, you are part of the 8%?

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    Well, the jury is still out on Trump so far, I suppose. And I guess, you are part of the 8%?
    Being better than Trump and Bush is a pretty low bar, and Obama did plenty of things to piss me off. I am just saying he was the least worst.

Being better than Trump and Bush is a pretty low bar, and Obama did plenty of things to piss me off. I am just saying he was the least worst.
    Per the poll, he's already considered a worse president than Bush, so the only low bar he has to clear is Trump. I personally struggle to see him as the least worst. His legacy is built exclusively on executive orders and party-line voting. With those party-line votes very hard to come by, because he struggle to build consensus even among his fellow democrats, in concert with the fact he made no real effort to cross the aisle and work with Republicans. Yes, they were obstructionists. However, in his smug conceit he was remarkably dismissive and ultimately divisive. Of course history will be the ultimate judge. But considering nearly his entire eight year legacy has been wiped out in 100 days by a tough talking (from the safety of his own borders) reality tv star, it doesn't look good.

Interesting video from the Romney E2 Summit.

https://www.facebook.com/david.parke...58806545845075

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Interesting video from the Romney E2 Summit.

https://www.facebook.com/david.parke...58806545845075

nogood.png

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    It's a link to a Facebook page. I guess you need to be a"friend" of the guy who posted it there.

--Yeats