Thread: Vegetable Juicer Recipes

Banned

Vegetable Juicer Recipes

I just bought a cheap vegetable/fruit juicer. It seems to work great and the clean-up wasn't too bad... so I guess I intend to use it.

I've run celery, carrots, tomatoes, beets, green and red peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers, kale and spinach through it so far. The machine itself impressed me for a cheap little juicer.

Now I just have to find some decent tasting recipes. Does anyone else here use one of these juicers? What have you found?

Banned
    4 Roma tomatoes
    2 celery stalks
    6 large radishes
    1 green pepper
    2 large jalapenos
    1/2 large beet

I already feel healthier.

I know nothing about this subject but did get this, so it might be helpful:

Vegetable Juice Recipe
    Carrot Juice

Here's my favorite carrot juice recipe. I make this juice almost every morning. Very quick and easy:
    Ingredients

1 lbs large carrots (washed and peeled)
    1/2 lemon (peeled)
    few green leafs such as red lettuce or carrot greens
    1 apple
    Directions

Put all ingredients in your juicer. (A centrifuge juicer is easiest for carrots.) Mix. Drink immediately.

I peel the carrot for taste (otherwise it tastes too earthy). I find this recipe sweet enough, but if you're a beginner juicer or have a sweet tooth, add an apple for extra sweetness.

The health benefits of carrot juice? It provides Vitamin A, B Vitamins, Vitamin E and many minerals (including calcium). Great for pregnant and nursing mothers, eyesight, bones and teeth, liver and nails, skin and hair as well as helping in breast and skin cancer prevention.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

So what juicer do you recommend for a family of 5?
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    So what juicer do you recommend for a family of 5?
    Ninja

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

We have a ninja blender. I'm looking for a dedicated juicer.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

We bought a Ninja. Thing is a hunk of junk. Glad we got it cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk