Thread: Survivor - Blood vs. Water

Survivor - Blood vs. Water

Survivor is back for a 27th season, and this year the new twist is Blood vs. Water. The premise is that they take two family members (one new player, one returning player) and pit them against each other in separate tribes.

It should make for an interesting dynamic as you'll have some family members more dedicated to each other than usual.

The first episode seems to have set it up for a good season, though I'm not sure that this particular concept of survivor has much staying power.

Anyone watching?
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I'm just not sure the blood vs. Water concept works for this show. Or at least, the way they've done it. I think for it to truly work, you'd have to have all husband-wife teams or all sibling teams. Some people are just more dedicated to their family member on the show than others. Also, FWIW if anyone is watching...I think the best strategy would be to try to eliminate as many couples as possible first.

There is also the redemption island factor where 3 people compete and two stay...but why not try to get couples out that way? In any event, we'll see if this season improves, but so far it is off to a rough start.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I'm just not sure the blood vs. Water concept works for this show. Or at least, the way they've done it. I think for it to truly work, you'd have to have all husband-wife teams or all sibling teams. Some people are just more dedicated to their family member on the show than others. Also, FWIW if anyone is watching...I think the best strategy would be to try to eliminate as many couples as possible first.

There is also the redemption island factor where 3 people compete and two stay...but why not try to get couples out that way? In any event, we'll see if this season improves, but so far it is off to a rough start.
    I like it so far because we know half of the people already. Gervais was lame telling his niece "Take care ya business" or whatever it was he said. I like the old Exile Island approach rather than the Redemption Island. It had more strategy when there were two tribes.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

So, we're a few episodes in now and it is beginning to gain a little steam. It is interesting to see the new players coming in and playing strategy right off the bat, while the returning players in some cases are ho-humming their way through the game.

I think the best strategy for success in this game is going to be to get as many couples/pairs out as possible...particularly husband/wife combos, so I'd look for Monica to end up on redemption island sooner rather than later.

Colton's meltdown a few weeks ago was interesting, particularly the part where Jeff revealed that he faked his way off the show last time, and how they were somewhat skeptical to bring him back. His boyfriend, however, seems to have a fairly good grasp on how the game works and could be around for a good long while.

A few interesting-ish twists last night. First, the tribe switch was kind of interesting, particularly in the way the numbers shook out. Then, Kat trusts Tina (the more I watch Tina, the more I'm amazed that she actually has won this show in the past) and Tina immediately blows that up. So now Kat is off to redemption, worried that her boyfriend will dump her because going to redemption island is embarassing. lol. Oh Kat.

A few interesting-ish twists last night. First, the tribe switch was kind of interesting, particularly in the way the numbers shook out. Then, Kat trusts Tina (the more I watch Tina, the more I'm amazed that she actually has won this show in the past) and Tina immediately blows that up. So now Kat is off to redemption, worried that her boyfriend will dump her because going to redemption island is embarassing. lol. Oh Kat.
    Kat is perhaps the dumbest person to play Survivor ever, maybe more than Eric.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

People finally starting to play the game at the merge. I'm liking Laura M. and Sierra more and more, but I think Tyson will ultimately win it.

People finally starting to play the game at the merge. I'm liking Laura M. and Sierra more and more, but I think Tyson will ultimately win it.

Laura M and Sierra are in a great position. On one side they have Jervais, Tyson, Monica and the two guys. On the other side they haves Vytas, Tina and daughter. If they stick it out with the Tyson group, they can try to grab the two guys and overthrow the Tyson group by pitching that the two guys have a better chance of winning individual immunity with Tyson and Jervais gone.