Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
i'm feeling a little moved so I want to say something. *Over my 40+ years so many people have told me "the cubs will never win it all" or some variation of that declaration. *I've watched some really bad teams (3 years ago they lost 100 games). *I've been through so many devastating seasons and games I can't count them all. *When I was 8 years old I remember Detroit Tigers manager Sparky Anderson talking with President Reagan and Sparky saying "I know these aren't your cubs but you have to respect how they played". *Since Reagan was pretty much a hero in my home I decided the cubs would be my team too. *

My family got cable in 87 and that is when I really started watching the cubs. *My favorite cub team... uh I mean second favorite cub team ever happened in 1989. *I remember the whole team. *the 2 rookies Dwight Smith in left and Jerome Walton in center (Jerome Walton was Rookie of the year and Dwight Smith was 2nd). *They had the hawk (Andre Dawson) with his sweet jerry curl perm. *Vance Law at 3rd, Shawon Dunston (the hardest throwing infielder ever) at SS. *Mark Grace was 1b and Damon Berryhill and Joe Girardi were behind the plate. *The cubs had Greg Maddux and Rick Sutcliffe as their two great*starting pitchers and Mitch Wild thing Williams was their closer. *

The one position I didn't mention because he was greatest second baseman ever and my favorite player ever; Ryne Sandberg. That was my team. *When they lost to the Giants in NL pennant that year I was heart*brokern. **When I first started hanging out with Chad he always brought*up how he had the series on tape if we*wanted to watch (he's a giant fan) and it took everything in me not to punch him square in the jaw. *

I went to my first cubs game when I was 14. *My mom worked for Eastern Airlines So we flew for free and went saw a game. *I remember it clear as day. It was against the phillies. *Before the game Harry Caray was signing autographs and I was literally the next person in line when he abrutly said "no more" and went to the press box. *I then got in line to get some others before we all got shewed away. *Cubs won the game with Ryne Sandberg and Andre Dawson hitting back to back home runs. *

Time went on and the cubs team from year to year were either mediocre or just down right terrible. *We had some good spots. *1998 had Sammy Sosa hitting home runs and Kerry Wood pitching masterfully. *I was in Europe the month Sammy Sosa hit 20 home runs that June. **
2003 Came next. *I don't think I have ever been more pissed off then game 6. *To be clear I dont fault Bartman one bit. *There were 6 other people going for that foul ball. *The one who squarely deserves the blame is Dusty Baker. After Alex Gonzalez boots an easy double play AND the bartman situation happens Dusty Baker does absolutely nothing. *He just sits their chewing on his stupid toothpick. *Hey Dusty your 25 year old star pitcher just got robbed of getting out of an inning due to a missed double play and a possible out in left field. *How about you go out there and settle him down. *nope... he just sat there and chewed on his *stupid toothpick. *
Now we come to this year. *They finally did it. They really*did it. *For a moment last night the 10 year old*in me rejoiced like no other. *I truly can die in peace. *I got to see it. *This is why sports are great. *The roller coaster of emotions I felt last night were well worth the ride. *CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! *HOLY COW! *This morning at Harry Caray's grave their were bushels of green apples left surrounding his grave. *Here is why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPaACIEnQMg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
This post reminds me of how I felt when the Blackhawks finally won Lord Stanley's Cup. 3 cups later, and I can say each one is awesome and the 2015 cup victory actually topped 2010.

Congrats Cubs, I give the credit to the Blackhawks for wearing Cubs jerseys.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk