Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cubs Win!! Cubs Win!!! Holy Cow!!! Cubs Win... The Chicago Cubs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Does anyone remember when people thought Starlin Castro didn't suck?
    His suckiness is contagious. He's already ruined Anthony Rizzo. The Cubs better keep Baez far away from him.

My son and I catching his first Cubs game .... In St Louis

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

It pays to be a cute kid. Here is my son with his new friend who got the bullpen catcher to throw him a ball

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    It pays to be a cute kid. Here is my son with his new friend who got the bullpen catcher to throw him a ball

You picked a decent night. We may not see 17 runs again cumulatively for two weeks.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Cubs achieve what will likely be the high point of the season by sweeping the Red Sox into oblivion at Fenway. With no remaining goals, the tear-down begins: Samardzija and Hammel sent to the A's for prospects.

Any A's fans on here to give their perspective? I wish mpfunk was still alive to talk about this. Looks like a good trade for the Cubs, the two pitchers were both at peak value but the Cubs weren't going anywhere during their run anyway, so cashing them in for a possible star at SS in a couple of years seems like a good idea. One of these days the Cubs will actually have to add some arms to the farm system if this is all going to come together.

Addison Russell will rank #6 overall on the upcoming #BPTop50. That would give the #Cubs the #3, #5, #6, and #18 best prospects in MiLB. - baseball prospectus twet

2016 is shaping up as the start to a special run. Anthony Rizzo is having a breakout year and will continue to get better. The cubs will trade Starlin

Addison Russell will rank #6 overall on the upcoming #BPTop50. That would give the #Cubs the #3, #5, #6, and #18 best prospects in MiLB. - baseball prospectus twet

2016 is shaping up as the start to a special run. Anthony Rizzo is having a breakout year and will continue to get better. The cubs will trade Starlin

I think you are right that they would like to trade Castro at some point, although it sounds like Baez is struggling a little at AAA so they may need to wait a while and make sure he is going to pan out. I assume that of Baez, Russell and Castro you have your 2B, your SS and the other is either a bust or gets traded.

Javy Baez hits the game winning home run in the 11th inning of his MLB debut. Not too shabby.

I'm still irrationally nervous about Baez being up with the Cubs. It's one thing to say you have a bunch of supposedly great prospects on the farm but when they start coming up things get real. What if he's a bust???

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    What if he's a bust???
    Then he'll be right at home in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Then he'll be right at home in Chicago.
    If he's bad then the Cubs may not win the World Series for a while and I just can't fathom that.

Thanks Ray Jazzeryi... This article gives me the biggest Cubs boner possible.

Soler Power baby!

Coach Maddon!! Welcome to the Cubs!

Jon Lester is a Cub

Jon Lester is a Cub
    Poor guy.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Poor guy.
    Watch it or you will get beat down like the dodger Chad Kreuter

Cubs Win!! Cubs Win!!! Holy Cow!!! Cubs Win... The Chicago Cubs Thread

While I love Lester I'm somewhat glad the Cubs got him. He's 30....and now signed to a deal until he's 36 at $25 million a year with a 7th year coming. That's a lot of cash tied up in a starting pitcher. He certainly will have a better chance of lasting in the national league than he would have in the American. Guessing that played a factor. There's certainly a reward there. But there's a ton of risk
    Last edited by Diehard Ute; 12-10-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    While I love Lester I'm somewhat glad the Cubs got him. He's 30....and now signed to a deal until he's 36 at $25 million a year with a 7th year coming. That's a lot of cash tied up in a starting pitcher. He certainly will have a better chance of lasting in the national league than he would have in the American. Guessing that played a factor. There's certainly a reward there. But there's a ton of risk

--Yeats

Rizzo says Cubs will win the NL Central

Why do we even have a Cubs thread?

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Why do we even have a Cubs thread?
    so we don't have to look at the stupid dodjerks thread

so we don't have to look at the stupid dodjerks thread
    0002.jpg

(Sorry, I'm on a plane and bored.)

--Yeats

RIP Mr Cub.

Ernie Banks passes today.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Wait till this year!

First Place baby! Yes I know we are only 6 games in but I'll take it. And this weekend we get the krisening. Although one thing that has seriously pissed me off is that WGN is only local. WGN-America wont be showing cubs games. No Friday or Sunday games.

First Place baby! Yes I know we are only 6 games in but I'll take it. And this weekend we get the krisening. Although one thing that has seriously pissed me off is that WGN is only local. WGN-America wont be showing cubs games. No Friday or Sunday games.
    #SolerPower

Starlin Castro looks like the uptown funk guy

--Yeats

My son is six years old but today I will be informing him that his new first and middle name will be 'Kyle Schwarber'. A terrible name, yes. But I believe it is appropriate given the circumstances.