Thread: UtahBy5 2013 Fitness Challenge

Hybrid View

Wuap is smoking us all.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I did see a smiley that made me think of sisyphus in reverse. It has an exercise angle too.

indyjone-smiley.gif
    Last edited by LA Ute; 11-07-2013 at 05:36 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

So, this morning, I got to the pool a little early, and I pushed myself to a new record. 2/3 mile in 58 minutes. At the end my calves and biceps were cramping, but I did it!
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    So, this morning, I got to the pool a little early, and I pushed myself to a new record. 2/3 mile in 58 minutes. At the end my calves and biceps were cramping, but I did it!

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I did see a smiley that made me think of sisyphus in reverse. It has an exercise angle too.

indyjone-smiley.gif
    Love it!
    "But I tried didn't I? ... at least I did that."

Getting the weeks data loaded. 2 rides, 1 run and 3 swims (Both ride and swim on Friday)
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Getting the weeks data loaded. 2 rides, 1 run and 3 swims (Both ride and swim on Friday)
    Dang, looks like you're serious about training for your Tri. Impressive numbers.

Eldiente, not as many long runs lately. Are you starting your your taper this soon? Hopefully it's that and not an injury or something else keeping keeping your mileage down.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Dang, looks like you're serious about training for your Tri. Impressive numbers.

Eldiente, not as many long runs lately. Are you starting your your taper this soon? Hopefully it's that and not an injury or something else keeping keeping your mileage down.

I hit the trifecta today. 5.1 mile run, 23 mile bike and 2400 meter swim.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I'll be over shortly to commit you to a mental hospital

When you swim, do you do it last or first?
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes