Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1447

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Conference standings:

2-0: USC
    1-0: Utah UW, ASU, WSU
    1-1: Stanford
    0-1: UCLA, Cal, Zona, CU, Oregon, OSU

Who else watching Stanford last night? Their line was opening massive holes in the run game. Oline vs Dline is the key matchup for us in two weeks.
    Last edited by sancho; 09-24-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Stanford is 1-1, USC is 2-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Stanford is 1-1, USC is 2-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Oops

Watching USC struggle for a while against Cal and Oregon lose to ASU on the road remind me that winning in the PAC is easier said than done. The Utes have a lot of room for improvement, two weeks to heal up a bit and prepare for two very physical games in the following weeks. I like our chances against Stanford and am hopeful we go into the USC game 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Watching USC struggle for a while against Cal and Oregon lose to ASU on the road remind me that winning in the PAC is easier said than done. The Utes have a lot of room for improvement, two weeks to heal up a bit and prepare for two very physical games in the following weeks. I like our chances against Stanford and am hopeful we go into the USC game 5-0.
    I feel worse about the Stanford game than I did two days ago. They looked strong last night, and Love is sooo quick.

I think Utah will come in with a conservative offensive plan, we will have a lot of 3 and outs, and we will manage to score a few times. The key match up is our Dline vs their Oline. The Oline has been the clear secret of the Cards success for a long time.

I think we make every attempt to shut down the run and force their mediocre QBs and their loser TE to beat us. With that type of game plan, you accept that they will burn us a few times in the pass game. It would be really nice to shut Shultz down in his homecoming game.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    That is what makes me happy about the Arizona game. How many teams can lose their QB and still win on the road? Vs a team that is about to lose their HC? And is top 5 in rushing in the country?

We had so many injuries, and for whatever dumb reason Troy W decided to look away from Carrington in the second half and yet we still won.

We could have folded and we won.

That is a good thing.

If you want to hang your hat on anything: good teams find a way to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we get USC with 3/5 of their starting Oline out.

Down goes USC.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Down goes USC.
    ESPN’s headline: Washington St joins the playoff conversation with win over USC.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I thought WSU looked very impressive last night. And, try as I might, I just cannot dislike Mike Leach.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I thought WSU looked very impressive last night. And, try as I might, I just cannot dislike Mike Leach.
    I should like him because he's funny, and funny carries a lot of weight. I just can't get past a suspicion that he uses funny to hide being a creep.

I just watched Stanford create a hole 2 miles wide for Love. That is a scary line.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I just watched Stanford create a hole 2 miles wide for Love. That is a scary line.
    Love is a main story of the early season. Utah has a real opportunity next week. If we manage to contain Love, everyone will notice.

Oregon up 17-0 over Cal. Last season, when people argued for Helfrich to keep his job, they said the Ducks were going to be loaded this season. Maybe they were right.

Oregon up 17-0 over Cal. Last season, when people argued for Helfrich to keep his job, they said the Ducks were going to be loaded this season. Maybe they were right.
    Herbert has a broken collarbone. Probably won't be back to face us at the end of the month.

I like Mike Leach. This is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/SWXLindsayJoy/st...654784/video/1

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Oregon state with a pulse. Up 19-14 on the Buffs.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

UW looking pretty anemic against ASU. Down 13-0 going in to halftime
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Down goes UW. As well as my level of confidence for an easy win next week.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

BI'll moos, the wsu ad, named at Nebraska. Does he take leach with him?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I sure hope so.

Hope not.

#1= He's funny.
    #2= P12 needs to be a stronger P5 conference and be more competitive with other P5 conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Hope not.

#1= He's funny.
    #2= P12 needs to be a stronger P5 conference and be more competitive with other P5 conferences.
    I'm all for P12 strength...as long as it comes from Utah. Wazzu has reached a level where they are regularly competing with us for recruits. I'd be happy to see them return to form.

IMO, if Utah can't compete -- recruiting or playing -- then it does not belong in a P5 conference. If the opponents are strong, then wins against them mean that much more. It's my perspective. When I competed in college, and after, I always wanted my opponents to be at their best.

I'm all for P12 strength...as long as it comes from Utah. Wazzu has reached a level where they are regularly competing with us for recruits. I'd be happy to see them return to form.

Cal goes for two and the win instead of kicking for OT. Fails and loses.

Who besides me thinks USC ruined UW's chance at the playoff? If UW beats USC in the championship game (or anyone else from the South), it will be so devalued, UW will lose out to another one-loss team.

Kyle Bonagura tweeted out some telling stats; we are last in the conference in % of drives that end in a touchdown; and last in points per drive

her is a link

https://twitter.com/BonaguraESPN

Heading into this week, 11 of the 12 teams in the league have four wins or more:

WSU: 7-1 bowl eligible
    Stanford: 5-2
    Washington: 6-1 bowl eligible
    Oregon: 4-4
    Cal: 4-4

USC: 6-2 bowl eligible
    ASU: 4-3
    Arizona: 5-2
    UCLA: 4-3
    Utah: 4-3
    Colorado: 4-4

Can all 11 get there?

Stanford most certainly will
    Oregon has 3 of 4 remaining at home (Utah, Arizona, Oregon St.) and are @ Washington
    Cal has 3 of 4 remaining on the road (@CU, @Stanford, @UCLA) and are home vs. Oregon St.
    ASU has 3 of 5 remaining at home (vs. USC, vs. Colorado, vs. Arizona) with UCLA and Oregon St. on the Road
    Arizona has 3 of 5 remaining on the road (@USC, @Oregon, @ASU) with WSU and Oregon St. at home
    Utah has 3 of 5 remaining at home (vs. UCLA, vs. Wazzu, vs. Colorado) with Oregon and Washington on the road
    Colorado has 2 at home (Cal, USC) and 2 on the road (ASU, Utah)

So, basically Cal vs. Colorado could be an elimination game for bowl eligibility this week.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

How 'bout the pirate last night? Benches Luke Falk in a spasm of rage, proceeds to double down on stubborn, refuses to put Falk back in, and dies on his hill as the backup throws pick after pick after pick.

I sure hope "lesson" he taught Falk was worth sacrificing a shot at a NY6 game.