Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1447

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    After finishing 7-5?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I have never liked the special treatment Notre Dame gets, going back to the BCS days. They are treated as unique and elite, and I like to see them get knocked down a notch.
    Notre Dame and Stanford think they are really important. Nice that somebody has to lose

Wow, 7-5 and 2nd in the division. Do they have someone in mind?
    They are going for chip Kelly... if not him dennis Erickson

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

So, anyone want to argue scheduling up OOC anymore or the virtues of a 9 game conference schedule?

Ha ha. Once again old uncle Utah was right.

Every conference champ with an 8 game conf schedule has made the playoffs.

40% if conference champs with a 9 game conf schedule have made the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/picksixpreviews/...44180369125376

Smart teams, Alabama/Washington, schedule down.

Not smart teams, USC and Stanford, schedule up and miss the playoffs.
    Last edited by Utah; 12-04-2017 at 12:06 PM.

For the record, I think two rules should be in place:

- No playoff team can have played a G5 or FCS team after Nov 1.

- No playoff team can play less than 10 P5 schools (not counting conference championship).

Those two rules would even out the playing field really fast.

Until then, schedule down.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    So, anyone want to argue scheduling up OOC anymore or the virtues of a 9 game conference schedule?

Ha ha. Once again old uncle Utah was right.

Every conference champ with an 8 game conf schedule has made the playoffs.

40% if conference champs with a 9 game conf schedule has made the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/picksixpreviews/...44180369125376

Smart teams, Alabama/Washington, schedule down.

Not smart teams, USC and Stanford, schedule up and miss the playoffs.
    Yep. It sends the wrong message. I would have voted for OSU for scheduling Oklahoma and playing a 9 game conference schedule, even though it was destroyed at Iowa. Alabama played nobody, and didnt make its title game. Teams that played title games got punished, those that didnt--including UW--got rewarded.

However, Standford lost to USC twice and WSU once. It lost to SDSU; that is not scheduling up.

USC also lost to WSU and got destroyed at Notre Dame. Should they not schedle the Irish anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Yep. It sends the wrong message. I would have voted for OSU for scheduling Oklahoma and playing a 9 game conference schedule, even though it was destroyed at Iowa. Alabama played nobody, and didnt make its title game. Teams that played title games got punished, those that didnt--including UW--got rewarded.

However, Standford lost to USC twice and WSU once. It lost to SDSU; that is not scheduling up.

USC also lost to WSU and got destroyed at Notre Dame. Should they not schedle the Irish anymore?
    I brought up Stanford in reference to the year they lost to Northwestern to start the year.

They missed the playoffs that year. Had they played SJSU instead, they would have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I brought up Stanford in reference to the year they lost to Northwestern to start the year.

They missed the playoffs that year. Had they played SJSU instead, they would have been in.
    at the time they scheduled NW, they probably thought they were scheduling SJSU.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    at the time they scheduled NW, they probably thought they were scheduling SJSU.
    Ha ha. True. Don’t risk it. Just schedule New Mexico.

Nope. Schedule up every year. Make it interesting.

Looking at our OOC, we already need to schedule up quite a bit before our opponents are on par with teams that 'schedule down'. We would need to go undefeated to even be considered for the CFP, and any more than a close loss to a top 10 team will likely keep us out of NY6 games.

Our OOC schedule is already hopelessly weak as it is.

Sure looks like ASU screwed the pooch. What a mess.

From Jon Wilner's email update today:

Pac-12 has signed a satellite radio agreement to create the 'SiriusXM Pac-12 Radio' channel, the conference announced this morning. It’s 24/7 news, talk (call-in shows) and game coverage of the conference that's scheduled to launch in early 2018. It will be available on the Sirius XM app and on channel 373 on select satellite radios. (Hmmmm. Not quite sure what 'select' means.) It seems like good news for fans with long commutes and satellite radio. But how will the call-in show field complaints about the Pac-12 Networks? Should be interesting. — Jon Wilner.
    I will probably listen to this often.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Washington State’s QBs was found dead today with a self inflicted gun shot wound. Suicide is awful. For everyone involved. My wife’s biological father shot himself i. Front of my MIL’s house about six years ago after she had kicked him out for blowing up in the middle of my daughter’s third birthday party. Then my wife’s sister’s fiancé intentionally drove his car into the side of a mountain near the mouth of Parley’s Canyon on Christmas Day about four years ago.

I hate it. I hate that it has seemed like a viable solution to several people close to me. Those who have attempted it, and those who fortunately have yet to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 01-17-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

So tragic.

When rivaling goes a few hundred steps too far. 😶

When rivaling goes a few hundred steps too far. 😶

Has he had the decency to take the tweet down?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Has he had the decency to take the tweet down?
    Last I saw of it, he was defending and doubling down. "Sorry for not being politically correct." Because the definition of that now apparently means: being a dick.

The day after his brother's suicide, little brother gets an offer from Utah.

Last I saw of it, he was defending and doubling down. "Sorry for not being politically correct." Because the definition of that now apparently means: being a dick.
    I've been trying to find words. Can't do it.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I've been trying to find words. Can't do it.
    As Dwight indicates, “dick” is an appropriate place to start. What a moron.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Heartless, soulless nincompoop.

--Yeats

Wilner early division race predictions:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/...arizonas-year/

The good: have Wilner's other contenders--USC and UA--at home. The bad; still no Cal or OSU for another year, and 5 road games.

Yikes.

Yikes.

People aren’t happy.

After the announcement the USC band started playing the only song they know....a fan shouted from the back that he wasn’t cheering for that.

RIP Traveler.

This thread is brilliant.

Arizona State schedules H-H with Mississippi State, beginning in 2024, with ASU hosting first.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...d-home-series/

New Oregon State coaches making an early impression. Get busted sending recruiting letters to current University of Hawaii players. To their campus addresses. Get called out on Twitter by the UH head coach. Who also happened to tag the NCAA. And Lavar Ball. Because.

Cracks are forming in the Pac-12: Will they be patched before it's too late?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-its-too-late/

Is it time to start calling it the Power Four? Now four years into the College Football Playoff era and 20 years since the Bowl Championship Series started, the Pac-12 has the Power Five's fewest total appearances (five).