Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1447

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Happy to see ASU lose. Their fans that I have encountered are the worst in the PAC, although it may be a tie with Arizona. Their players stood around the U at midfield after the win and put their pitchfork in the U. Oh, and their coach is a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Happy to see ASU lose. Their fans that I have encountered are the worst in the PAC, although it may be a tie with Arizona. Their players stood around the U at midfield after the win and put their pitchfork in the U. Oh, and their coach is a dick.
    Seems it’s a school thing....ASU gymnastics has the same reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated look at the bowl eligible teams and those fighting to get there...

Bowl Eligible:

Washington (7-1)
    Washington St. (7-2)
    USC (7-2)
    Arizona (6-2)
    Stanford (6-2)

One More Win:

Oregon (5-4) @Wash, vs. Arizona, vs. Oregon St.
    Colorado (5-4) @ASU, vs. USC, @Utah

Work left to do:

Utah (4-4) vs. UCLA, vs. Wazzu, @ Wash, vs. CU
    UCLA (4-4) @Utah, vs. ASU, @USC, vs. Cal
    ASU (4-4) vs. CU, @. UCLA, @OSU, vs. Arizona
    Cal (4-5) vs. OSU, @Stanford, @UCLA,

Out:

Oregon St. (1-7)
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Arizona at USC for all the marbles in the South. Who could've envisioned this?

If Arizona wins and Khalil Tate dominates, you have to put him and Barkley as your top 2 Heisman candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Arizona at USC for all the marbles in the South. Who could've envisioned this?

If Arizona wins and Khalil Tate dominates, you have to put him and Barkley as your top 2 Heisman candidates.
    Except nobody has seen him play. He is a heisman phantom. I suspect USC shuts him down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Except nobody has seen him play. He is a heisman phantom. I suspect USC shuts him down anyway.
    I saw him! For the first time this season, I watched him vs WSU. The best part of the game was watching Leach sabotage his own team out of stubbornness, but Tate was great.

Updated with Week 10 results:

Bowl eligible:

Washington (8-1)
    Wazzu (8-2)
    USC (7-2)
    Arizona (6-3)
    Stanford (6-3)

One more win:

Utah (5-4) - vs. Wazzu, @Wash, vs. CU
    Cal (5-5) - @Stanford, @UCLA,
    Colorado (5-5) - vs. USC, @Utah
    ASU (5-4) - @UCLA, @OSU, vs. Arizona
    Oregon (5-5) - vs. Arizona, vs. Oregon St.

Work to do:

UCLA (4-5) - vs. ASU, @USC, vs. Cal

Gone Fishing:

Oregon St. (1-8)

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Updated with Week 10 results:

Bowl eligible:

Washington (8-1)
    Wazzu (8-2)
    USC (7-2)
    Arizona (6-3)
    Stanford (6-3)

One more win:

Utah (5-4) - vs. Wazzu, @Wash, vs. CU
    Cal (5-5) - @Stanford, @UCLA,
    Colorado (5-5) - vs. USC, @Utah
    ASU (5-4) - @UCLA, @OSU, vs. Arizona
    Oregon (5-5) - vs. Arizona, vs. Oregon St.

Work to do:

UCLA (4-5) - vs. ASU, @USC, vs. Cal

Gone Fishing:

Oregon St. (1-8)
    CU vs Utah looking like a probable bowl game play-in.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    CU vs Utah looking like a probable bowl game play-in.
    Yeah - would sure be nice if we somehow could just take care of that 6 win mark this weekend.

Mora booted.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Mora booted.

Chip Kelly to Westwood confirmed.

That is a terrifying thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post

Where are you seeing it confirmed for chip?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

CBS Sports sources it only to Bruin Report Online, so it’s not time to panic yet;

UCLA is paying Jim Mora a lot of money to not be the Bruins head coach next season and beyond -- about $12 million, according to USA Today's buyout database. To eat that kind of money, especially in the wake of massive facility improvements, implies UCLA is going for broke on a splashy coaching hire.
    Per 247Sports' Bruin Report Online, that big name is former Oregon coach Chip Kelly.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...lace-jim-mora/
    Last edited by LA Ute; 11-19-2017 at 03:26 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Yeah, but he's walking into a tough division. He can't really take the world by storm with a new offense anymore. The offense is 15 years old now. Like any big name hire at a big name school, he'll get a strong infusion of talent. If he has immediate success with it, he'll be golden for years.

USC, once again, looks around and realized they could have done much better than Helton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

Just a joke. But I imagine Corey Wasserman wants to put a coach like Chip Kelly in his shiny new Wasserman Football Center at UCLA.

And Kelly's agent is meeting with the selection committee tomorrow, which conveniently happens to include one Corey Wasserman.

Please make this happen instead of chip Kelly

https://twitter.com/GainesTweets/sta...26920902152192

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

UCLA buying in to a high-stakes game,playing with big Chip Kelly

Saturday, Nov 25

"Although UCLA was playing California in its final home game ofthe season, those at the Rose Bowl were on Chip Kelly Watch. Kelly might ormight not end up in Westwood, but their pursuit of him alone is confirmationthat UCLA athletics have enter a new era...."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    UCLA buying in to a high-stakes game,playing with big Chip Kelly

Saturday, Nov 25

"Although UCLA was playing California in its final home game ofthe season, those at the Rose Bowl were on Chip Kelly Watch. Kelly might ormight not end up in Westwood, but their pursuit of him alone is confirmationthat UCLA athletics have enter a new era...."
    He's coming. It's official. The Pac12 South just got real.

Pretty historic moment for UCLA. They’ve never hired anyone of Chip’s caliber.

UCLA hires Chip Kelly as football coach for 5-year, $23.3-million contract

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/l...125-story.html

--Yeats

USC fans are going to suffer head coach envy.

--Yeats

The Pac has 6 head coaches who have been in national title contention in the last week or so of a season.

Throw in a promising newbie or two, a jerk who steals signs, and an underwhelming Helton, and it's quite a conference.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    The Pac has 6 head coaches who have been in national title contention in the last week or so of a season.

Throw in a promising newbie or two, a jerk who steals signs, and an underwhelming Helton, and it's quite a conference.
    Rumor has it that the sign-stealer will be seeking new employment after today.

Speaking of which, I just heard a rumor this afternoon. Apparently there was some sort of issue after the ASU game. Troy Taylor was warned that ASU knew our signals and would steal them. He didn't believe it and didn't prepare for it. They knew all our signals and the rest is history. Apparently, people were p***** off at Taylor after the game for that reason. Fwiw.

After finishing 7-5?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Speaking of which, I just heard a rumor this afternoon. Apparently there was some sort of issue after the ASU game. Troy Taylor was warned that ASU knew our signals and would steal them. He didn't believe it and didn't prepare for it. They knew all our signals and the rest is history. Apparently, people were p***** off at Taylor after the game for that reason. Fwiw.
    This sounds recycled, with the name of the oc changed.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    This sounds recycled, with the name of the oc changed.
    https://twitter.com/thebrianswinney/...90248381308928

I know Sancho won’t agree, but it’s nice to see Stanford beating Notre Dame.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I know Sancho won’t agree, but it’s nice to see Stanford beating Notre Dame.
    I have no idea why you care about this, especially in a year like where the Pac is out of the playoff. Nobody saw or cared about that game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I have no idea why you care about this, especially in a year like where the Pac is out of the playoff. Nobody saw or cared about that game yesterday.
    I have never liked the special treatment Notre Dame gets, going back to the BCS days. They are treated as unique and elite, and I like to see them get knocked down a notch.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Todd Graham official. What have the Sun Devils done to think they deserve better than 7-5 when it includes an $11M buyout?