Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1447

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    They will not be missed, by me or by either of Stanford's fans.
    My fil went to Stanford business school. One of his classmates was also from Utah. After graduating this classmate stuck around PaloAlto working the Stanford development office. He was/is responsible for much of the real estate development on the land owned by the university. He has done quite well financially for both himself and Stanford. When we go visit for games you can feel his absolute disgust/hate for the Leland Stanford Jr University Marching Band.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

CU DC Jim Leavitt takes the same position at Oregon. Will be the highest paid coordinator in the league...in league history for that matter.
    Last edited by DrumNFeather; 12-14-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    CU DC Jim Leavitt takes the same position at Oregon. Will be the highest paid coordinator in the league...in league history for that matter.
    #theraise

Anu Solomon announced he is transferring from Arizona. It's a graduate transfer so he'll be able to play at another FBS school right away, I think.

No love for Rich-Rod, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Anu Solomon announced he is transferring from Arizona. It's a graduate transfer so he'll be able to play at another FBS school right away, I think.

No love for Rich-Rod, I guess.

Bro...try to keep up.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Bro...try to keep up.
    Give me a break. I'm on my iPhone in a taxi. Besides, my post had more panache than yours did.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Bro...try to keep up.
    I've already referred to LA as our resident ICYMI, but now it seems I need to switch to ICYWIWP (In case you want it with panache).

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Give me a break. I'm on my iPhone in a taxi. Besides, my post had more panache than yours did.
    I'm failing to see the issue.

My iPhone is the only way I ever access anything.

This is huge. Leavitt built a very good Defense at CU. He will have even better athletes at his disposal at Oregon.

After being asked about getting calls on other college coaching jobs on Outkick the coverage with Clay Travis, Mike MacIntyre got mad and hung up on him. Then, his AD sent a profanity-laced tirade to Clay's show booker. This should all go over well.

Edit: Here's the link to the audio: http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/co...p-on-me-121516
    Last edited by DrumNFeather; 12-15-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I'm failing to see the issue.

My iPhone is the only way I ever access anything.

It's simple. I am too lazy to check entire threads before posting something using my iPhone. You're all just going to have to deal with it.

--Yeats

After being asked about getting calls on other college coaching jobs on Outkick the coverage with Clay Travis, Mike MacIntyre got mad and hung up on him. Then, his AD sent a profanity-laced tirade to Clay's show booker. This should all go over well.
    Just listened to it (its clay travis' current pinned tweet, about 100 minutes in is where the interview starts, its a pretty short interview.). I don't think that Clay's question deserved that response. However, after he got the 'No Comment', he should have just moved on and then given his opinion after the interview. His reaction was kind of funny. I don't think Mike was 'rattled', as much as I think he was annoyed and didn't want to keep getting poked.

Kudos to clay, he is going to get a few more people to listen to hid podcast with this.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Just listened to it (its clay travis' current pinned tweet, about 100 minutes in is where the interview starts, its a pretty short interview.). I don't think that Clay's question deserved that response. However, after he got the 'No Comment', he should have just moved on and then given his opinion after the interview. His reaction was kind of funny. I don't think Mike was 'rattled', as much as I think he was annoyed and didn't want to keep getting poked.

Kudos to clay, he is going to get a few more people to listen to hid podcast with this.
    He seemed annoyed the entire interview...starting with all the questioning about Louisville. Clay didn't ask one question about the Buffs, which was kind of funny. By contrast, Kyle went on there a few weeks ago and was very pleasant and clay was very respectful about Kyle and about the program.

Washington State may not have an opponent for their bowl game.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-f...ame/406928136/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Washington State may not have an opponent for their bowl game.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-f...ame/406928136/
    They've already tapped N. Illinois to replace them if they need to. I would guess that decision will be made in the next few days as the game is only 11 days away.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...h1r4jlkb20t2tz

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    They've already tapped N. Illinois to replace them if they need to. I would guess that decision will be made in the next few days as the game is only 11 days away.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...h1r4jlkb20t2tz
    This is funny. I hope it happens and that NIU beats Wazzu on zero time for game prep. That would be the most amusing outcome.

This is funny. I hope it happens and that NIU beats Wazzu on zero time for game prep. That would be the most amusing outcome.
    Looks like the Gophers blinked:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.9133bef80748

--Yeats

Hopefully they read the victim's account and were horrified at the kind of actions they were defending.

Gary Anderson's contract is extended through 2021. I mean, why not?

Oregon State doubled its wins total from two to four this season.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...rs-2021-season
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Gary Anderson's contract is extended through 2021. I mean, why not?

http://www.espn.com/college-football...rs-2021-season
    You know, after watching a season of OSU The Drive, I really don't feel like he's the right candidate for Utah. He just doesn't have the "presence" of KW that I'm used to now. I don't know who the next best candidate will be, but, it isn't Anderson and it isn't Sitake.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    You know, after watching a season of OSU The Drive, I really don't feel like he's the right candidate for Utah. He just doesn't have the "presence" of KW that I'm used to now. I don't know who the next best candidate will be, but, it isn't Anderson and it isn't Sitake.
    They both seem to want to be buddy coaches.

In other conference news, Luke Falk coming back as a senior.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/w...ys-mike-leach/

Just read this ESPN article about Chris Petersen at UW. Really like the below quote.

"[Petersen and his staff] are so fundamentally oriented, more than any system that's been here since Don's,"

http://www.espn.com/college-football...chris-petersen
    Last edited by U-Ute; 12-27-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Just read this ESPN article about Chris Petersen at UW. Really like the below quote.

"[Petersen and his staff] are so fundamentally oriented, more than any system that's been here since Don's,"

http://www.espn.com/college-football...chris-petersen
    I hope you don't mind that I fixed the link.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the Mike MacIntyre spaz cam as much as I did last night. Looked like Rich Rod out there.

It's probably not a coincidence that the three best coaches in the Pac-12 (Whitt, Shaw, and Petersen) are also the three calmest coaches in the Pac-12.

The Pac is now 1-2, with WSU and CU completely laying eggs in their games. Here's hoping Stanford and USC lose as well. Go Huskies, though!

It's probably not a coincidence that the three best coaches in the Pac-12 (Whitt, Shaw, and Petersen) are also the three calmest coaches in the Pac-12.
    Coaching tiers:

Do and say the right thing all the time tier: Whitt, Shaw, Petersen

Good coach, weird guy, locks guys in the shed tier: Leach

X's and O's and I wouldn't let my kid play for this guy tier: Rodriguez, Graham, MacIntyre

I want out sooo bad tier: Dykes

Right place, right time tier: Helton

Too boring for a tier tier: Anderson, Mora

New guy needs to make the playoffs in order to surpass the guy they just fired tier: Taggart
    Last edited by sancho; 12-30-2016 at 09:43 AM.

In Stanford's victory yesterday, Dallas Lloyd of Utah had two picks, including one pick six. If you just put Stanford's Utahns on the Utes, I think we are rose bowling.

Seems oddly familiar.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/12/31/ala...ter-coin-toss/

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    In Stanford's victory yesterday, Dallas Lloyd of Utah had two picks, including one pick six. If you just put Stanford's Utahns on the Utes, I think we are rose bowling.
    Interesting enough. My father-in-law was in town for several hours on Wednesday. The bowl game came up and the conversation eventually turned to Stanford where I was encouraged to keep an eye on their tight end. (For whatever reason, he forgets that I pay too much attention to this stuff.) Dalton Schultz is his sister's kid. I told him that I was still kissed at him for not pushing Dalton harder to go to Utah. My fil then claimed that Dalton was pretty high on Utah but that the coaches didn't even show much interest in him until he verbaled to Stanford. I'm not going to take him literally on this, since I remember him committing to the Cardinal pretty late in the process but if we take the comment metaphorically, is it possible that Dalton felt Utah wasn't giving him the same amount of attention as some of the other schools? I don't know the answer and so just shrugged my shoulders and said, I guess that's what happens when you have so much change in your offensive personnel from year to year.

Penn St just made USC look like a bunch of clowns on that return. Go lions!

If not for stinking Stanford, we would have a chance to be the only Pac-12 bowl win.