Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

This Duke/Arizona Pre-Season NIT Championship game is fantastic.

Arizona is legit. They have all the pieces. I swear this is Nick Johnson's 8th year at Arizona. He reminds me of a much more athletic Jacobson.

In addition to the Utes tonight, there are a few other big games (Big10/ACC challenge):

Indiana @ Syracuse
    Michigan @ Duke
    ND @ Iowa

OrangeUte, where art thou? This Orange team is a ton of fun to watch. I was trying to tell you last year that if CJ would stay another year and Grant pick up some playing time that this team would be tough to beat!

This weekend Kansas visits CU.

Other Pac-12:

UNLV @ Arizona
    Oregon @ Marshall Henderson
    UCLA @ Mizzou

Quote Originally Posted by FN Phat View Post
    OrangeUte, where art thou? This Orange team is a ton of fun to watch. I was trying to tell you last year that if CJ would stay another year and Grant pick up some playing time that this team would be tough to beat!
    You were dead right! My kids have caught all of the games so far this year. Some huge wins. I saw the game against Indiana. Very excited for the game against St. John's next weekend in MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    This weekend Kansas visits CU.

Other Pac-12:

UNLV @ Arizona
    Oregon @ Marshall Henderson
    UCLA @ Mizzou
    Colorado with the big upset over Kansas. Ucla loses at mizzou and Arizona is down couple at half to the rebels. The Pac is going to be very deep! A lot of teams in contention.

Some good games tonight:

Kansas @ Florida with Kansas coming off tough road loss in Boulder
    Boise St @ Kentucky
    Gonzaga @ WVU - possibly the toughest OOC game for Gonzaga this season

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    You were dead right! My kids have caught all of the games so far this year. Some huge wins. I saw the game against Indiana. Very excited for the game against St. John's next weekend in MSG.
    Raisin' em right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking picture.

The Basketball schedule this year is just awesome. I will miss many of the matchups from the big east. But this acc schedule is equally nightmarish and wonderful.

Duke, Indiana and UNC at home? Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it. This team could give duke and Jabrari a run for their money. Duke in the Dome... Man, I wish I was there!

SI picks for the weekend. A lot of good games in there, starting with Iowa/ISU tonight. Doesn't think Utah will get it done:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...off/?eref=sihp

Arizona just beat Michigan in a helluva game.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    SI picks for the weekend. A lot of good games in there, starting with Iowa/ISU tonight. Doesn't think Utah will get it done:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...off/?eref=sihp
    Davis made a great prediction for the Arizona-Michigan game. He got the score right, but picked the wrong team.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Some big Pac-12 games this week:

Stanford @ UConn (Wed)
    Duke/UCLA (Thurs)
    Texas Tech @ ASU, Stanford/Michigan, BYU @ Oregon, Okie St @ CU (Sat)

I'm watching Stanford at UConn while I am on a plane flight. The Cardinal are wearing black road unis that I initially mistook for ours. They're struggling with UConn and are going to lose. We can beat Stanford. Maybe twice.

Bobby Knight is one of the broadcasters. He's actually pretty doggone good at it, IMO.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I'm watching Stanford at UConn while I am on a plane flight. The Cardinal are wearing black road unis that I initially mistook for ours. They're struggling with UConn and are going to lose. We can beat Stanford. Maybe twice.

Bobby Knight is one of the broadcasters. He's actually pretty doggone good at it, IMO.
    You spoke way too damn soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    You spoke way too damn soon.
    I did. It looked like UConn was going to boatrace them. I should've watched longer instead of changing the channel at halftime.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

This duke/ucla game is entertaining. Go devils!

What a strange story.

As the New Mexico Lobos returned from the locker room for the second half of Wednesday night’s game against the Wyoming Cowboys, they noticed the rim on their basket for the second half was too high.

They asked game officials for a measurement and it indeed was too high and promplty lowered. UNM says the rim was raised three inches, Wyoming maintains it was one inch.

The Mountain West Conference on Thursday declined to give any details about what was determined happened in the matter, including whether someone intentionally or maliciously raised teh rim at halftime and, if not, whether Wyoming then played the entire first half on a basket that was not at regulation height.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Hmmm. Hard to see how that could be done at halftime without someone noticing. Must've happened before the game. Reminds me of ancient Ute history, when Mike Giddings watered the football field the night before a game against UTEP.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5580,6727581

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Hmmm. Hard to see how that could be done at halftime without someone noticing. Must've happened before the game. Reminds me of ancient Ute history, when Mike Giddings watered the football field the night before a game against UTEP.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5580,6727581
    The baskets are raised and lowered electronically these days. Easy to hit a switch without much attention

Anyone watching this ucla Arizona game? Bill Walton is in peak form.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    The baskets are raised and lowered electronically these days. Easy to hit a switch without much attention
    I hadn't thought about it that way. You're probably right. Now I'm suspecting a frat initiation prank.

--Yeats

Big games all week:

Duke at Pitt and Syracuse this week (monday/Sat).

Michigan State @ Iowa (Tuesday)

Iowa State @ Kansas (Wed)

Cincy @ Louisville (Thurs)

Texas Tech's upcoming schedule.

b6rXFVd.jpg

I don't know why I still follow Marshall Mathers Henderson. It is either a schadenfreude thing or a rubbernecking thing. Maybe a little of both.

Mississippi State assistant coach has something to say about Henderson's trash talking.

Henderson_Taunt.jpg

EDIT: That's supposed to be an animated gif. I guess it didn't work for some reason. Here's a link.

I don't know why I still follow Marshall Mathers Henderson. It is either a schadenfreude thing or a rubbernecking thing. Maybe a little of both.

Mississippi State assistant coach has something to say about Henderson's trash talking.

Henderson_Taunt.jpg

EDIT: That's supposed to be an animated gif. I guess it didn't work for some reason. Here's a link.
    I so don't miss that guy. Every time I look at the box score of Ole Miss I wonder about what sort of better shot was taken at the expense of him launching up anything and everything.

Henderson_Taunt.jpg

Marshall looks ever so slightly taken aback.

--Yeats

Rivalry!

Michigan @ Ohio State tonight

Duke @ UNC tomorrow