Thread: Week 13 Open Thread

Week 13 Open Thread

Schedule this week:

USC @ CU
    ASU @ UCLA (winner controls south division destiny, though UCLA still has USC)
    Oregon @ Arizona (Wildcats back into their bowl game with 3 straight losses?)
    Utah @ WSU (winner gets a bowl, loser gets lots of questions marks, depression, transfers and de-commits)
    UW @ OSU (Mannion regressing or just playing better defenses?)

ESPN power rankings:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...ings-week-12-3

8. Washington State: After upsetting Arizona -- on the road, no less -- the Cougars only need to beat Utah or Washington to become bowl-eligible for the first time since 2003.
    10. Utah: Does it help if we insist that Utah is the nation's best 4-6 team? No? Yeah, it's hard to look at a 1-6 record in Pac-12 play and feel very good. But the Utes still have a shot at earning bowl eligibility. It's going to take some mental toughness to win at Washington State on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Schedule this week:

USC @ CU
    ASU @ UCLA (winner controls south division destiny, though UCLA still has USC)
    Oregon @ Arizona (Wildcats back into their bowl game with 3 straight losses?)
    Utah @ WSU (winner gets a bowl, loser gets lots of questions marks, depression, transfers and de-commits)
    UW @ OSU (Mannion regressing or just playing better defenses?)
    I still think that USC is the class of the South. Hard to believe that UCLA/ASU is for all the marbles (or half, I suppose).

Possible coaching changes in football this season:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...mer/?mobile=no

Seems like there are just aren't many coaches worthy of promotion right now. I'm glad we aren't on the market for someone - there's very little to get excited about.

Edit: though not mentioned in the article, I think now is the time for someone to hire Jim Tressel. Deal with the show cause and the bowl penalty for a year.
    Last edited by sancho; 11-21-2013 at 07:11 AM.

A graph of the rankings of PAC-12 teams by week.

week13-team.jpg

week13-divsion.jpg

EDIT: The original images are a bigger resolution, but are only 22kb and 94kb each. It looks like the system shrunk them a bit when I uploaded them.
    Last edited by U-Ute; 11-22-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    A graph of the rankings of PAC-12 teams by week.
    Cool. Biggest roller coasters: Utah, USC, OSU. Least drama: Oregon. If we win out, we bump up past Arizona, WSU, and OSU.

Arizona giving Oregon a taste of their own hurry up offense. UA up 28-9 at the half.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Arizona up 42-16. The Ducks can't stop Arizona's offense. The Wildcats are moving the ball at will.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Arizona with the 2nd interception of a Mariota pass today. This time right at the goal line to prevent a score.

Down go the Ducks, 42-16.

Did that fan with the WSU sweatshirt just yell "go huskies"?

Trying to drown my sorrows by hoping on this UCLA comeback. Don't even know why, really. I don't like UCLA, but I like the idea of ASU blowing their best shot at a Rose Bowl in a long time.

Plus, it would be great if somehow USC ended up winning the Rose Bowl and keeping Orgeron. That's the best case scenario for the rest of the division.
    Last edited by sancho; 11-23-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Bret Bielema down to 3-8 at Arkansas. Sounds like less fun than going to the Rose Bowl every year at Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Trying to drown my sorrows by hoping on this UCLA comeback. Don't even know why, really. I don't like UCLA, but I like the idea of ASU blowing their best shot at a Rose Bowl in a long time.
    Sorry UCLA. Possibly my fault.

Ugh..ASU vs Stanford. The last two teams I would want in the Rose Bowl. I'll be pulling for the Big10 this year.

USC, Texas, Florida - three of the biggest head coaching jobs in college football may all be open at the end of the season.

USU all but clinches a spot in the MWC title game. That conference hasn't been this low in a long, long time.

After last weekend, Sagarin ranks PAC12 South as the #1 college football division. PAC12 North is #2.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...13/conference/

Mike Gundy does a dance after OSU's victory over Baylor.

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/mik...ter-baylor-win