Thread: Let's talk about stadium expansion

Hybrid View

I'm guessing that this SEZ expansion would be $50-$150 million by itself. The 1997 rebuild of Rice-Eccles cost $50 million and Hill said that this expansion would cost even more than that.

I get the feeling that we won't see this expansion anytime soon unless we have some really good seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    I'm guessing that this SEZ expansion would be $50-$150 million by itself. The 1997 rebuild of Rice-Eccles cost $50 million and Hill said that this expansion would cost even more than that.

I get the feeling that we won't see this expansion anytime soon unless we have some really good seasons.

I know HeartlessUtes is well connected with the construction world and he has thrown out $70 Mil as a ball park number.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post

I used to work with a company that worked a lot with FFKR. I saw these exact plans, and 5 others, during a meeting back in 07, this has long been on the drawing board (obviously since the footing is in place for expansion so there was foresight there). Nice to know what ones they went with, these weren't my favorite but they're better than the others I saw. I didn't get a lot of information because I was there for a different project but at the time I heard the plans ranged between $55-105mil. It's a large price range but one plan was just a remodel of the SEZ and one was closing the SEZ and adding an upperdeck and pressbox to the East side so I'd be inclined to go with the $70mil figure Jarid heard from HeartlessUte.