Thread: Off with their headsets! - Coaching hirings and firings

Hybrid View

I can't imagine it happens very often that someone gets their first college coaching gig (FBS or otherwise) without ever having been a coordinator. Nice job, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    I can't imagine it happens very often that someone gets their first college coaching gig (FBS or otherwise) without ever having been a coordinator. Nice job, Jay.
    No it does not. Either way the Kyle Whittingham coaching tree expands a little bit more.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Exactly. Can you imagine Kyle's replacement having the kind of resume Hill does? We'd revolt.

Re: the pay. I'm embarrassed sometimes for some of my media brethren. Steve Luhm at the Trib surmised on Twitter that Hill was in for a nice bump in pay from his $225K at Utah. Mike Kramer at ISU, who had won big at Montana State (but who did carry some baggage), can max out at ISU for just $216K. Ron McBride's initial deal at Weber gave him a base of around $120K, and I can guarantee you his incentives and media deal did not get him significantly over $200K, if at all. Like Diehard said, Hill is taking a sizable paycut, but he's doing so because he wants to be this generation's Mike Price -- a guy who started out at Weber and later led Wazzu to two Rose Bowls.