Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Off with their headsets! - Coaching hirings and firings

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    He's never coached at Utah. But his ties to GA and the state immediately make him a top-of-the-list candidate to replace Kyle if we needed to within the next 3-5 years.
    He did coach at USU I believe.

Sounds like it’s time to bring in Empey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Sounds like it’s time to bring in Empey!

Empey was a bad hire by BYU and would be a worse hire at Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I was just making a dumb joke to cap of my previous joke I made when he was fired that we should hire him just to spite his son.

In other coaching news...what the hell is this?!

I assume that is Mike Sanford “Jr.” and not the old Utah OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Wasn't there another coach in Provo that people thought highly of though? The guy from SUU? Maybe we should poach that guy if Harding leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Wasn't there another coach in Provo that people thought highly of though? The guy from SUU? Maybe we should poach that guy if Harding leaves.
    Are you thinking of Ed Lamb?
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Are you thinking of Ed Lamb?
    Yeah, that guy. Is he still a rising star, or did Provo's season ruin him?

Bengals went in another direction. Harding stays...for now.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Bengals went in another direction. Harding stays...for now.
    I wonder if his shouted, animated, "WELL HIRE ME" didn't go over well?

I was just making a dumb joke to cap of my previous joke I made when he was fired that we should hire him just to spite his son.

In other coaching news...what the hell is this?!

Arizona has no money. I think they will be sorely disappointed with who they hire. They can’t afford anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Arizona has no money. I think they will be sorely disappointed with who they hire. They can’t afford anyone.
    This is the son of the Mike Sanford who coached at Utah, right?

Anthony Gimino@AGWildcatReport 2h2 hours agoMore

Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo -- an emerging name in the Arizona coaching search, according to @FootballScoop -- was a QB at Hawaii in the 1980s, first under Dick Tomey. Niumatalolo in the foreward to Tomey's book, Rise of the Rainbow Warriors:

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post

Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo -- an emerging name in the Arizona coaching search, according to @FootballScoop -- was a QB at Hawaii in the 1980s, first under Dick Tomey. Niumatalolo in the foreward to Tomey's book, Rise of the Rainbow Warriors:

Ugh, please no. I hated playing Air Force every year.

I've seen several tweets from national writers saying this would give UA a poly pipeline. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I've seen several tweets from national writers saying this would give UA a poly pipeline. thoughts?
    I don't see why not. I don't want this hire to happen. Bad for Utah all around.

I don't see why not. I don't want this hire to happen. Bad for Utah all around.
    I don’t know if it would be or not.

I think the jury is still out on Ken at a P5 school.

Honestly I think his going to BYU was a more dangerous thing for Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Honestly I think his going to BYU was a more dangerous thing for Utah.
    I agree, but that doesn't mean I want him at Arizona.

We've seen what Paul Johnson has done at GT. Turned them into a competitive pain-in-the-butt that can upset anyone in any given week. I don't think Coach Ken wins division titles in Tuscon, but I think he grabs a couple of quality surprise wins each year. And I think the triple option in our division would be a permanent thorn in our side, like AFA used to be for us and currently is for Boise State.

We've seen what Paul Johnson has done at GT. Turned them into a competitive pain-in-the-butt that can upset anyone in any given week. I don't think Coach Ken wins division titles in Tuscon, but I think he grabs a couple of quality surprise wins each year. And I think the triple option in our division would be a permanent thorn in our side, like AFA used to be for us and currently is for Boise State.
    Well, the early reaction from Arizona fans is “oh hell no” so this could be interesting.

Ken N. suddenly seems like he has a little Majerusesque side to him. Likes to be wined and dined and flirted with by jobs with open vacancies. If I'm Navy, I would get weary of that.

Ken N. suddenly seems like he has a little Majerusesque side to him. Likes to be wined and dined and flirted with by jobs with open vacancies. If I'm Navy, I would get weary of that.
    I think the goal of almost every G5 coach is to move into the P5 ranks.

I wonder if his shouted, animated, "WELL HIRE ME" didn't go over well?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Probably more weary after losing two in a row than they were when they had won 14 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I love it. What a moron.

Per Bruce Feldman, Ken Niumatololo has taken his name out of the running for Arizona and is staying at Navy

Ken gives Tuscan the Provo treatment and tells Arizona thanks, but no thanks.

Ken gives Tuscan the Provo treatment and tells Arizona thanks, but no thanks.

I wonder if Arizona gave Ken the BYU treatment by telling him, hey, we want you, but we don't want your offense and you need to hire the Arizona equivalent of Ty Detmer, Reno Mahe, Empey and whoever their terrible WR coach was.

That's good. Arizona is what they are, and I'm not sure they will do better than Rich Rod-type coach...a gimmicky offense that gets you 5-7 wins most years, with a 10+ win season every so often.

Ken N fits that bill perfectly. Good to see him move on.