Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Off with their headsets! - Coaching hirings and firings

I feel bad for my Wildcat fan friends. Their hoops team is about to get hammered in the FBI investigation, and the football team is getting rejected by every available coach. They are on the precipice of a bad place.

Sporting NewsVerified account @sportingnews 2m2 minutes agoMore

Sources say Arizona will soon hire former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin. http://bit.ly/2DcwqUo

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Good, better Sumlin than Niumatololo. Not that Sumlin doesn't worry me, too, though.
    Apparently Arizona is run by idiots and Tate's tweet carried more weight than it should have. It seems insane to make a hire based on the opinion of a player that will only be there for another season.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...en-niumatalolo

Gonna be fun to watch Tate regress this season.
    Based on what? Just curious why you say that because I would love to see that happen.

Les Miles to Kansas. Won't get any better for the Jayhawks. Ever.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Les Miles to Kansas. Won't get any better for the Jayhawks. Ever.
    Great hire for them.

Gonna be fun to watch Tate regress this season.
    Swish¡!!!!!!

USC may have decided to keep Helton around (ie can't afford to fire him), but they've just about gotten rid of everyone else today. DC is out. OC is out. QB coach, DL coach and DB coach are all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    USC may have decided to keep Helton around (ie can't afford to fire him), but they've just about gotten rid of everyone else today. DC is out. OC is out. QB coach, DL coach and DB coach are all out.
    B/c none of these guys have $15 mil buyouts. No way Helton is around after next year, you have to think. somebody posted that Tee Martin was supposed to have an in-home with Sampson Nacua's little brother on Thursday.

And who would sign on there as an asst under these circumstances?
    Last edited by concerned; 11-27-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech set to retire. My now 17 y/o son's 4th grade football coach played for Johnson. He ran the same offense, and implemented about 110 plays into the offense. His son was the QB, and mine was a wingback. So fun, and unstoppable. Because of this, to this day, I'll stop down to watch a Georgia Tech game. Love watching Tech run the option.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartanntp
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

This seems like it could be a solid hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That could be a great hire for the Buffaloes. UGA had an impressive Defense.

Kliff Kingsbury official to be USC’s new OC.

Everybody has probably already seen this, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet:

Urban Meyer retiring from coaching again. What are the odds he ends up as Notre Dame's head coach within five years?

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Everybody has probably already seen this, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet:

Urban Meyer retiring from coaching again. What are the odds he ends up as Notre Dame's head coach within five years?
    hire
    win
    scandal
    health problems
    retire
    hire
    win
    scandal
    health problems
    retire

It looks like Gary Andersen to Utah State could be a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Ute View Post
    It looks like Gary Andersen to Utah State could be a real possibility.
    Aggies make it official this afternoon. Rumors also circling that he takes Ena with him. Any thought on who our two replacements will be?

I would love to bring back someone with Florida recruiting ties. Any former Urban coaching tree members that need a job and can recruit?

We need big-time recruiters. Probably more than we need position coaches.

Sione Po’uha returning as D-Line coach

https://utahutes.com/news/2018/12/10...ne-po-uha.aspx

Sounds good to me!
    EHS 4eva!

damnit, we're losing Justin Ena to Logan

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/st...42026165436419

just when I thought Utah had this linebacker thing figured out

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post

Just like Sione. We reach out and tap one of our LB alumni with NFL experience and is coaching somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Just like Sione. We reach out and tap one of our LB alumni with NFL experience and is coaching somewhere else.
    "former Utah linebacker with NFL experience"

rumor going around that AROD will be the OC.

"former Utah linebacker with NFL experience"

Trevor Reilly? Nate Orchard? Neither have coaching experience, and may not be ready to give up on their NFL prospects. Both are listed as linebackers on their Wikipedia pages.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Trevor Reilly? Nate Orchard? Neither have coaching experience, and may not be ready to give up on their NFL prospects. Both are listed as linebackers on their Wikipedia pages.
    Sly?

soooo, we might need a new OC

Sources indicated there are four candidates Sac State strongly considered to replace Jody Sears, and all have strong local ties, either as Sacramento natives or as Sacramento State graduates. Those strong candidates, per sources, are Utah offensive coordinator Troy Taylor, Nevada assistant head coach/offensive line coach Angus McClure, American River College head coach Jon Osterhout and former Colorado co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Klayton Adams

http://footballscoop.com/news/update...aching-search/

Damn. The Kliff Kingsbury hire as OC is looking pretty amazing right now.

I wonder if there is a chance we could convince Mike McCoy to come home to Utah at OC?

soooo, we might need a new OC

Sources indicated there are four candidates Sac State strongly considered to replace Jody Sears, and all have strong local ties, either as Sacramento natives or as Sacramento State graduates. Those strong candidates, per sources, are Utah offensive coordinator Troy Taylor, Nevada assistant head coach/offensive line coach Angus McClure, American River College head coach Jon Osterhout and former Colorado co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Klayton Adams

http://footballscoop.com/news/update...aching-search/
    That would be unfortunate.