Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 517

Thread: Off with their headsets! - Coaching hirings and firings

  1. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Because it would be hard to make the ASU off-season any better. Dave Christensen to join the staff. Awesome.

    https://247sports.com/college/arizon...oach-112475586
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    and if you thought ASU has screwed the pooch before . . . .

    https://247sports.com/college/arizon...oach-112475586



    Damn. Dwight beat me by seconds.
    He was on the staff last year in some capacity. He was on the field talking to Harding and others in ASU gear this year when they came to SLC.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  2. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    He was on the staff last year in some capacity. He was on the field talking to Harding and others in ASU gear this year when they came to SLC.
    He was a defensive consultant


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    He was on the staff last year in some capacity. He was on the field talking to Harding and others in ASU gear this year when they came to SLC.
    I doubt he had any interaction with players in that role. That’s where he seems to really “shine.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #454
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,164
    Jordan RaananVerified account @JordanRaananFollowFollow
    @JordanRaanan

    More



    Giants coaching job is coveted. Some names I've heard in recent days: Dave Toub (Chiefs), Kirk Ferentz (Iowa) and Kyle Whittingham (Utah).

    8:36 AM - 30 Dec 2017




  5. #455
    I never want to see Whitt leave. But I’ve always been interested to see how he’d do at another program.

    Utah has so many weird quirks here. I think Whitt would kill it in a more professional environment.

  6. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Jordan RaananVerified account @JordanRaananFollowFollow
    @JordanRaanan

    More


    Giants coaching job is coveted. Some names I've heard in recent days: Dave Toub (Chiefs), Kirk Ferentz (Iowa) and Kyle Whittingham (Utah).

    8:36 AM - 30 Dec 2017



    Blech. Serious step down. A team in New Jersey with huge roster problems? Whoever takes that job should be warned that it is a 2-year position only.

  7. #457


    I’m not a member, but I imagine we hear an official announcement on Gary soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #458
    And now rich rod. What an offseason

  9. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    And now rich rod. What an offseason
    Reports of a hostile work environment claim


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #460
    Somebody just tweeted: Herm Edwards is now the longest tenured coach in Arizona.

    Maybe this is like the Y going independent. UA just had to act after ASU hired Edwards--they coulnt let their bitter rival make a crazy hire alone.
    Last edited by concerned; 01-02-2018 at 09:01 PM.

  11. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    And now rich rod. What an offseason
    Wow. Who's gonna be the new guy? I'd try to get Norvell from Memphis. He's already worked in Arizona, right?

  12. #462

  13. #463
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,434
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Wow. Who's gonna be the new guy? I'd try to get Norvell from Memphis. He's already worked in Arizona, right?
    I'll bet Dave Christensen is available.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  14. #464

  15. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    DC is the new OC at ASU.
    (O-line coach.)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    (O-line coach.)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (Run game coordinator).

  17. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    (Run game coordinator).
    (Director of morale and happiness)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    (Director of morale and happiness)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sowing mistrust and discord since 1992. I am so happy for the Sun Devils' predicament!

  19. #469
    Just after the 2011 season, the PAC-12 turned over 33% of their HCs.

    This year is even crazier, with the same teams turning over in our division.

    PAC-South
    School 2012 2018
    ASU - Erickson > Graham > Edwards
    UA - Mike Stoops > RichRod > ??
    UCLA - Neuheisal > Mora > Kelley

    PAC-North

    Oregon - Taggart > Cristobal
    OSU - Andersen > Jonathan Smith
    Cal - Dykes > Wilcox (last year)

    USC has had even more turnover over the past decade, and their fans have been grumbling about Clay Helton since Day 1.

    2018 might be the best opportunity yet to make a run. If we can get Mitch and Matt to stay, with Gary playing a Dennis Erickson-like role, we might be positioned to poach some recruits from other PAC schools and make a serious run.

  20. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post

    2018 might be the best opportunity yet to make a run. If we can get Mitch and Matt to stay, with Gary playing a Dennis Erickson-like role, we might be positioned to poach some recruits from other PAC schools and make a serious run.
    How dare you try to get me excited for next season! I won't stand for it.

  21. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    (Director of morale and happiness)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was tempted to make a similar joke yesterday with Gary Andersen’s hiring to be in charge of media communications.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #472
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,434
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    DC is the new OC at ASU.
    I know. Doesn’t mean he’s not available.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  23. #473
    Les Miles to Arizona? Rumors are flying. Wowza.

    If he goes to Arizona and if Darnold stays, I’d rank the south for next year like this (at this point):

    1 - USC
    1 a and b - Utah and Arizona
    4 - UCLA
    6 - ASU and Colorado

  24. #474
    Texas A&M apparently went after LSU DC Dave Aranda (former coach at Utah, and DC at USU and Wisconsin with Gary Andersen).

    LSU responded by giving Dave a $2.5M/yr, 4- year, guaranteed contract. He is now by far the highest paid coordinator in the nation. Way to go, Dave!

    Wow. The sheer amount of money in CFB is incredible.

  25. #475

  26. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Great for him, bad for us.

  27. #477
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Texas A&M apparently went after LSU DC Dave Aranda (former coach at Utah, and DC at USU and Wisconsin with Gary Andersen).

    LSU responded by giving Dave a $2.5M/yr, 4- year, guaranteed contract. He is now by far the highest paid coordinator in the nation. Way to go, Dave!

    Wow. The sheer amount of money in CFB is incredible.
    He's never coached at Utah. But his ties to GA and the state immediately make him a top-of-the-list candidate to replace Kyle if we needed to within the next 3-5 years.

  28. #478
    Harding would do really well in the NFL.

  29. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Harding would do really well in the NFL.
    I like Harding a lot, and tend to agree.

    And, coaching the O line to block for RPO plays is not really a good fit for his style.

  30. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I like Harding a lot, and tend to agree.

    And, coaching the O line to block for RPO plays is not really a good fit for his style.
    Bingo. It would be nice for Taylor to have an OL coach that knows RPO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •