Thread: The Competition: PAC-12 Hoops 2016-17

Hybrid View

So how does everyone rank the toughest road trips in the league this year? Here's mine:

1. Arizona
    (big gap)
    2. Mountain
    (decent, but not huge, gap)
    3. Bay
    (very small gap)
    4. Oregon
    (virtually no gap)
    5. LA
    (enormous gap)
    6. Washington

Message Board Vagabond UteBeliever aka Port's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    So how does everyone rank the toughest road trips in the league this year? Here's mine:

1. Arizona
    (big gap)
    2. Mountain
    (decent, but not huge, gap)
    3. Bay
    (very small gap)
    4. Oregon
    (virtually no gap)
    5. LA
    (enormous gap)
    6. Washington
    The thing about those rankings is this: How good is UCLA? How bad is USC? How good is Washington? WSU looks terrible. Maybe the Bay area, overall, is last?

Quote Originally Posted by Portland Ute View Post
    The thing about those rankings is this: How good is UCLA? How bad is USC? How good is Washington? WSU looks terrible. Maybe the Bay area, overall, is last?
    Washington's not good. They probably belong in the bottom tier with WSU, USC, and OSU. I'd be shocked if they're as good as either Bay team, and I bet Romar is unemployed after this year.

Washington looked bad in the non-conference season, but they upset ASU in Tempe and gave the Wildcats a scare in Tucson. On any given night . . . .

I'll be happy with a 1-point win over the Huskies in Seattle on Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Washington's not good. They probably belong in the bottom tier with WSU, USC, and OSU. I'd be shocked if they're as good as either Bay team, and I bet Romar is unemployed after this year.
    I agree Romar is deficient, but they'll never fire Romar. Never. Unless there's a scandal, he'll be there till he quits.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo