Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: The Competition: PAC-12 Hoops 2016-17

this is starting to get depressing

Pac-12 Network Retweeted
    Stanford AthleticsVerified account @GoStanford 11m11 minutes agoMore

.@CoachJerodHaase’s consensus top-15 national recruiting class is one of the highest rated classes in school history.#GoStanford

Not really a big surprise: An endorsement deal with Nike, Under Armour or Adidas is not in the cards for Lonzo Ball.

Ball's father, LaVar, confirmed that the three shoe and apparel companies informed him they were not interested in completing a deal with his son. Sources with the three companies told ESPN.com that they indeed were moving on.

Never in the history of modern-day shoe endorsements have the big companies all stepped away from a potential top pick nearly two months before the NBA draft. But LaVar, who has been representing Lonzo in the deal, has offered something that has no precedent....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketba ll/story/_/id/19264024

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Wilner update. All the USC stars are staying, and people have high expectations for the Trojans.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/2...-wsu-and-more/

Rabb and Leaf in the first round as well.
    Last edited by bestellen; 01-03-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Rooks transferring to SDSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lavar Ball is joke but people are letting him have his way.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lavar-ball-...-sh&soc_trk=fb

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Is there something about society now where we just reward bad behavior? There was a time where a guy like LaVar Ball would have tanked the chances of his sons getting scholarships let alone getting into the NBA.

The Competition: PAC-12 Hoops 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Is there something about society now where we just reward bad behavior? There was a time where a guy like LaVar Ball would have tanked the chances of his sons getting scholarships let alone getting into the NBA.

When otherwise rational, reasonable people behave bizarrely or inexplicably, or excuse behavior they've always found abhorrent, look for the money.

--Yeats

You gotta give me an example, and I doubt you can, because Lavar Ball is unprecedented as far as meddling pops are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    You gotta give me an example, and I doubt you can, because Lavar Ball is unprecedented as far as meddling pops are concerned.
    I think he is just the cutting edge, and the latest expression of a trend. We will probably see more like him, although he probably sets the standard.

--Yeats

I have neices and nephews who attend Chino Hills high school. My nephew is the same age as the youngest Ball. He plays bball but isn't a next level player. My parents went down this past winter to watch him in the sophomore/JV games. By the end of JV game it was SRO in the gym as people were arriving early and jockeying for seats to watch the varsity/LaMelo.

As a public HS administrator trying to balance a thin budget, I'm sure it helps having a sold out gym a couple nights/week.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Ha ha. See, "Presidential Election, 2016"

It's the new cool.