Thread: Carnaval

Carnaval

2014 version has begun. The wife is dancing again. The youngest loves going out in her Frozen costumes. There's nothing like the sound of a brazilian bateria in full cry. Watching the samba is simply awesome and the music is so joyful, it's hard not to fall in love with this place every february/march each year.
    Last edited by Viking; 03-01-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    2014 version has begun. The wife is dancing again. The youngest loves going out in her Frozen costumes. There's nothing like the sound of a brazilian bateria in full cry. Watching the samba is simply awesome and the music is so joyful, it's hard not to fall in love with this place every february/march each year.
    I thought for sure a post about Carnaval by Viking was about competing cruise lines. I was hoping there was a deal to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I thought for sure a post about Carnaval by Viking was about competing cruise lines. I was hoping there was a deal to be had.
    lol

one of these years we are going to go. I think it would be a fun trip.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

This time of year makes me miss New Orleans somethin' fierce.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

How do i post a video? The thing that's great about carnaval is that every year, a great bateria passes spontaneously in front of our place. I got one of them on video just now.

On our way now to the "Amor é quase simpatia" bloco (block party) in Ipanema now. Should be fun. If someone tells me how, I'll post some video. Mrs Viking is wearing a samba queen outfit and I'm going as myself: a balding gringo with a burgeoning waist line on his fourth beer of the day.

When you reply to post look up and see a thing that looks like a film strip. click on that then follow the prompts
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    When you reply to post look up and see a thing that looks like a film strip. click on that then follow the prompts
    I will post tomorrow. My wife has informed me I get to parade down Sapucai as "apoio" and I'm pretty excited. It really is the greatest show on earth. A bucket list sort of thing to do...the wife is dancing "destaque" for Uniao da Ilha and it is the first time we know of an American as a featured dancer, much less a Mormon girl from Oregon. Should be fun.