Thread: Scorcho and Applejack talk about the San Francisco Baseball Giants

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    If you're comparing the current Dodgers to a college football program it would have to be Oregon or Oklahoma State.
    OK. We finally have owners who want to win. Kind of like the new owners of those two universities.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 04-08-2014 at 04:26 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

6-2

Tim Hudson has been outstanding in his two starts. I heard that Brandon Belt changed his batting grip at the end of last season. Since that time he's been on fire offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    6-2

Tim Hudson has been outstanding in his two starts. I heard that Brandon Belt changed his batting grip at the end of last season. Since that time he's been on fire offensively.
    It sure is nice to have the A's as a farm team for pitchers.

apparently the Giants offered Kung-Fu Panda a 3 year $40 million dollar deal which he turned down. That sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.

Giants GM Sabean mentioned Pablo is going to have to have an incredible season if he thinks the Giants are going to offer more than that.

I have such white-hot hatred for that Blue Baseball Team, that I am a fan of the Giants in sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    I have such white-hot hatred for that Blue Baseball Team, that I am a fan of the Giants in sympathy.
    We're at five!

After this weekend's game in which Madison Bumgarner (stage name?) gave up 5 runs but then hit a grandslam and a sac fly to make up for it, I expect this bandwagon to fill up quite quickly.

welcome aboard LuckyUte

Matt Cain looked good in his last start which was a huge relief. Lincecum and Vogelsong are still questionable. One of those two need to figure it out if the Giants want to make the playoffs. I'd guess Vogelsong would be the more likely option. Its looking more and more like Sabean should have let the Freak walk.

You still have to be concerned about the corners. Kung Fu Panda and the Baby Giraffe are wildly inconsistent, as is Pence in right field.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    Funny because I support the team in blue because of the giants stance on San Jose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Funny because I support the team in blue because of the giants stance on San Jose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Funk, be reasonable. Let's compromise: the Giants get the Silicon Valley billionaires and the A's can keep their monopoly on the East Bay. Seems like a win-win for everyone!

Also, thanks for the pitching!