Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Football Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Plus, we can always hope he gets injured in fall practice gets behind and starts thinking of tranferring home before the semester is over.
    Isn't this BYU's strategy? Recruit injured/buried on the depth chart/mission kids? That plus a weak schedule is what that program is built on.

Can I also say I'm relieved that Osa is going to usc? Of course he should have stayed home, but I'd rather have him on the bench in la than starting for asu for four years.
    sadly, I've heard that ASU is loaded at LB with underclassmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    sadly, I've heard that ASU is loaded at LB with underclassmen.

I can't wait to see Devontae Booker bulldoze every one of them.

I agree that we shouldn't get too excited about Covey but his highlight reel is fun to watch:

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I agree that we shouldn't get too excited about Covey but his highlight reel is fun to watch:

Did I see him do the superman celebration? Great, file this kid under "character issues."
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he isn't the fastest guy on the field.

No huge surprise, Folau is going to Oregon State.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    This is the first one that hurts. Can't trust a Leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    This is the first one that hurts. Can't trust a Leopard.
    Shouldn't. He's an Andersen follow, he was all about Wisconsin until GA left and immediate removed them from his list and added Oregon State.

I honestly don't think he really had much intention of going anywhere but where GA was coaching.

@trevorphibbs: Just spoke with Christian Folau on his commitment to Oregon State: "The coaching staff was a huge factor." #TribPreps
    Only, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Only, maybe?
    Well, screw Oregon state. We need to beat them down by 40 next year and make sure that these Utah recruits families don't get tickets. You want to watch your boy play, drive to Corvallis.

Well, screw Oregon state. We need to beat them down by 40 next year and make sure that these Utah recruits families don't get tickets. You want to watch your boy play, drive to Corvallis.
    That's the spirit!

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    You mean BYU after he comes home. He seems like the kind of kid to realize BYU is the only way to stay a chosen one.

That and most likely GA isn't the HC by then either.

I really think both OSU fans and GA are going to be shocked at how hard it is to win in the new PAC-12. Colorado is the only "easy" game. OSU might be the next "easiest".

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    You mean BYU after he comes home. He seems like the kind of kid to realize BYU is the only way to stay a chosen one.

That and most likely GA isn't the HC by then either.

I really think both OSU fans and GA are going to be shocked at how hard it is to win in the new PAC-12. Colorado is the only "easy" game. OSU might be the next "easiest".
    He might be a good BYU target. He certainly has no idea what he wants or what to look for.

I think (and hope) GA will struggle too, but he would have to go 2-10 each year to get fired after two seasons. He'll be there at least 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    He might be a good BYU target. He certainly has no idea what he wants or what to look for.

I think (and hope) GA will struggle too, but he would have to go 2-10 each year to get fired after two seasons. He'll be there at least 3 years.
    I'm very interested to see what happens with GA. He just lost Mannion, and that was off a 5 win team. You look at their schedule and you'd say they have three wins next year. GA is a great coach, so I put them at 4-5. Their recruiting class is terrible = their future isn't bright.

A lot of people here in Oregon-land were happy to see Reilly leave because they feel like they should be competing with Oregon and were sick of losing 4+ games every year.

That's not a good spot to be walking into if you are GA.

I wonder how fans react to GA after they only get 3-5 wins and next year's recruiting class is worse than their 80-ish ranked class this year.

I've already heard people in influential spots complain about how all of GA's coaches are Mormon and the contracts they are getting. OSU can't afford to make mistakes here.

This just really seems a no win situation for GA. He wants back to Utah. I think he wants to stay afloat in Oregon for a year or two then hopes Whitt leaves/gets promoted elsewhere so he can come back to Utah and leave KS as HC at OSU.

He won't get fired, as OSU can't afford to fire him.

I don't think they do well enough to get KS a HC job.

What happens if GA comes back to Utah after a couple years, and struggles at OSU, and doesn't bring KS back? Does KS end up a coordinator at BYU?

Crazy. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I'd love to have GA back at Utah if Whitt ever left.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I'm very interested to see what happens with GA. He just lost Mannion, and that was off a 5 win team. You look at their schedule and you'd say they have three wins next year. GA is a great coach, so I put them at 4-5. Their recruiting class is terrible = their future isn't bright.

A lot of people here in Oregon-land were happy to see Reilly leave because they feel like they should be competing with Oregon and were sick of losing 4+ games every year.

That's not a good spot to be walking into if you are GA.

I wonder how fans react to GA after they only get 3-5 wins and next year's recruiting class is worse than their 80-ish ranked class this year.

I've already heard people in influential spots complain about how all of GA's coaches are Mormon and the contracts they are getting. OSU can't afford to make mistakes here.

This just really seems a no win situation for GA. He wants back to Utah. I think he wants to stay afloat in Oregon for a year or two then hopes Whitt leaves/gets promoted elsewhere so he can come back to Utah and leave KS as HC at OSU.

He won't get fired, as OSU can't afford to fire him.

I don't think they do well enough to get KS a HC job.

What happens if GA comes back to Utah after a couple years, and struggles at OSU, and doesn't bring KS back? Does KS end up a coordinator at BYU?

Crazy. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I'd love to have GA back at Utah if Whitt ever left.
    I think right now Sitake has to be the front-runner to replace Bronco, whenever that tragic day arrives.

I think right now Sitake has to be the front-runner to replace Bronco, whenever that tragic day arrives.
    Probably true. Sitake limited himself with this move (and HC options are already rather limited for DCs).

Anae will replace Bronco

2015 Football Recruiting

The Stanford Rivals guy posted on Twitter that Gabe Reid is set to announce tomorrow night. 7 p.m. my time. Surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    The Stanford Rivals guy posted on Twitter that Gabe Reid is set to announce tomorrow night. 7 p.m. my time. Surprise!
    Monday night? That's family night. Looks like it's byu

Does there exist a spot, or can someone briefly provide here, the main remaining targets and where we stand?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Does there exist a spot, or can someone briefly provide here, the main remaining targets and where we stand?
    Gabe Reid is set to announce his decision tonight, and it will be between Us, BYU, and Stanford, with most of the smart money being put right now on Stanford.

Porter Gustin is set to announce his decision tomorrow. Utah being chosen by Gustin would probably be a massive, massive surprise. Most people seem to think that it is down to USC and Ohio St.

There are a few other's I believe we are in the mix with, but those are the two that have announced when they will officially announce.

Let's crowd source this. From the thread so far:

- Gabe Reid (Mon night): Stanford (favorite), Utah, BYU
    - Porter Gustin: USC, Ohio State
    - George Wilson: Utah (commit), but Boise is pushing
    - Jaylinn Hawkins: Arizona St (favorite), Utah, Uw, Cal

Who else?

What about the kid with the unique name who was allegedly down to us and notre dame?

Let's crowd source this. From the thread so far:

- Gabe Reid (Mon night): Stanford (favorite), Utah, BYU

Who else?
    Noah Togiai: Utah or OSU (turning his back on Larry and staff after how long they've stuck with him would be, uh, not a nice move)
    Darrin Paulo: Utah or Nebraska (visited Nebraska this weekend, probably head there but it's close)
    JayJay Wilson: Very likely going to either USC or ASU but Utah is in it
    Simi Moala: Utah or OSU (another sign and send)
    There's also a JC safety named Simmons who may or may not be sort of committed but it sounds like he has academic issues and may be a 2016 guy instead of 2015.

I think it would be a great class if Utah could hang onto George Wilson, Noah Togiai, pry Jaylinn Hawkins and land one of Reid, Paulo and Moala.
    Last edited by UBlender; 02-02-2015 at 11:40 AM.

What about the kid with the unique name who was allegedly down to us and notre dame?
    ACcording to Sancho, he's a golden domer.

Don't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Gabe Reid (Mon night): Stanford (favorite), Utah, BYU
    Noah Togiai: Utah or OSU (turning his back on Larry and staff after how long they've stuck with him would be, uh, not a nice move)
    Darrin Paulo: Utah or Nebraska (visited Nebraska this weekend, probably head there but it's close)
    JayJay Wilson: Very likely going to either USC or ASU but Utah is in it
    Simi Moala: Utah or OSU (another sign and send)
    Here's our update

Here's our update
    Sweet!

Thanks one and all.

twitter says Thor has decommitted and looks to be leaning towards the Beavers. I hate following recruiting even loosely