Thread: Pac-12 Survivor Pool: Week 3

Pac-12 Survivor Pool: Week 3

And then there were nine. If we've learned anything from the first two weeks, it is never trust Washington State. Or Sancho.

The results:

Arizona St - LA, Applejack, SoCal
    Wazzu - Sancho, jrj84105, MRD, Senioritis
    Colorado - Orange, Wally, Brian
    Oregon St - Midnight Shift
    Utah - Scorcho

This week features a lot of byes and good Pac-12 teams playing terrible FBS teams (Army, Wyoming, Texas). No common opponents from previous weeks (since those who picked against Nevada are now dead), so you are only limited to not picking a team you have already chosen.

Nevada @ Arizona
    ASU @ Colorado
    UCLA @ Texas
    USC @ Boston College
    Wyoming @ Oregon
    Army @ Stanford
    Illinois @ Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    And then there were nine. If we've learned anything from the first two weeks, it is never trust Washington State. Or Sancho.

The results:

Arizona St - LA, Applejack, SoCal
    Wazzu - Sancho, jrj84105, MRD, Senioritis
    Colorado - Orange, Wally, Brian
    Oregon St - Midnight Shift
    Utah - Scorcho

This week features a lot of byes and good Pac-12 teams playing terrible FBS teams (Army, Wyoming, Texas). No common opponents from previous weeks (since those who picked against Nevada are now dead), so you are only limited to not picking a team you have already chosen.

Nevada @ Arizona
    ASU @ Colorado
    UCLA @ Texas
    USC @ Boston College
    Wyoming @ Oregon
    Army @ Stanford
    Illinois @ Washington
    IMO there are only two safe plays this week, Oregon and Stanford. Everything else seems sketchy. I don't trust Washington, ASU, Colorado, UCLA or USC.

I'm going with John Elway's Alma Mater. Those scrappy ex-Indians of the West Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I'm going with John Elway's Alma Mater. Those scrappy ex-Indians of the West Bay.
    Those guys are underappreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    IMO there are only two safe plays this week, Oregon and Stanford. Everything else seems sketchy. I don't trust Washington, ASU, Colorado, UCLA or USC.

I think this is the gimme week - no Pac-12 losses is my prediction (other than Colorado). I'm kicking myself for not taking Colorado last week - even thought the eked out a win. I'm worried I'll never be able to pick them or WSU.

My pick this week is the Washington Huskies. Chris Peterson's first two games have convinced me that he is an amazing coach.

My pick this week is the Washington Huskies. Chris Peterson's first two games have convinced me that he is an amazing coach.
    Careful, Illinois is undefeated.

i am taking Arizona this week.

Stanford. Applejack is my oracle.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Stanford

Washington - Midnight Shift, Applejack
    Stanford - LA, SoCalPat, Scorcho
    Arizona - Orange

Undecided - Brian, Wally

Arizona

Although I'd feel more comfortable being able to take Portland St.

Washington - Midnight Shift, Applejack
    Stanford - LA, SoCalPat, Scorcho
    Arizona - Orange, Brian

Undecided - Wally

I was wrong - there are only eight survivors in Week 2! This fact alone should put Leach on the hotseat.

Not to influence Wally's decision or anything, but there are three games that will tell us a lot about certain teams this week.

1. ASU @ Colorado. I'm not sold on ASU yet. Aren't they ranked in the top 15? Let's see if they can blowout a terrible Colorado team on the road.
    2. UCLA @ Texas. Another hyped team I'm not totally sold on. UCLA has all of the talent (whereas ASU is suspect in certain places), but hasn't played a very good game yet. If they lose to Texas after the BYU debacle, I'm calling for a tailspin.
    3. Ill @ Washington. Even though I picked UW, they've looked terrible so far this year. If you can't beat Illinois at home, time to head back to Boise, Chris.

Wally could be in trouble this week.

Wally could be in trouble this week.
    Wow. wally has no excuse for this. wally is ashamed of himself.

LA Ute wishes wally wouldn't refer to himself in the third person. This bothers LA Ute. Sort of.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell