Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah Prediction Contest: @ Michigan

Utah Prediction Contest: @ Michigan

I know we have a bye week but go ahead and start posting your scores for the Michigan game below:

Utah-28
    Michigan-13
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Utah 32
    Michigan 21

Utah 38
    Michigan 21
    "This isn't a gentlemen's sport. This isn't tennis. This isn't an old-fashioned duel. This is football, it's a physical game." - Tony Bergstrom

Utah 28
    Michi-gan 17

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Utah 45
    Mich 24
    That would be a very nice win for the Utes. I would be very stoked at the prospects for the rest of the year if this ends up being the final score.

Utah|38
    UM|17
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Utah-34
    Michigan-20
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Utah - 31
    Them - 17

Utes 31
    Wolverines 21

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Utah 27
    Michigan 24

Utah 33
    Michigan 24
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I really like this team, especially with two weeks to prepare and play with underdog chips on their shoulders.
    Excited to see what Paul can do.

Utah: 38
    Michigan: 35

Utah 38, Michigan 23

Utah 31
    Michigan 13

Utah 42
    UM 14

Guys, the line is Michigan -5. I hope you're not putting any real money on these picks.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Guys, the line is Michigan -5. I hope you're not putting any real money on these picks.
    Even Vegas likes Utah this week: the line opened at 7.5

Utah 31
    M 13

Tweet from Ted Miller:

Ted Miller @TedMillerRK
    Utah has 11 sacks & no interceptions this year. That combination almost feels mathematically impossible to me. Pressure should create INTs.
    I mean, really, you have to wonder what the deal is with our defensive backfield.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Tweet from Ted Miller:

I mean, really, you have to wonder what the deal is with our defensive backfield.
    I really don't recall the opposing QB's our first two games forcing any throws. They either got sacked, scrambled or threw it away.

Pressure certainly does induce mistakes, but that requires the QB to throw the ball.

I'd really have to go back and watch closely to see how many possible pick throws there were.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I really don't recall the opposing QB's our first two games forcing any throws. They either got sacked, scrambled or threw it away.

Pressure certainly does induce mistakes, but that requires the QB to throw the ball.

I'd really have to go back and watch closely to see how many possible pick throws there were.
    This is where I am. Granted, I'm just a fan and never played, so acknowledge that there's much about the game that I'm not noticing, but I haven't seen many throws that have been interceptable. Either our safeties have been completely out of position to step into some of the crossing routes, or these first QBs have been pretty careful with the ball.

Utah|35
    Michigan|24

I don't gamble, which enables my reckless optimism! Also, to borrow a phrase from 'napper, I am exhibiting 'testicular fortitude!'

I don't know about the others, but I'm just spitballing here in these score prediction threads. Serious betting? Me?

--Yeats

Michigan 29.5
    Utah 29.0

This could go either way, and it could go either way with a three TD margin of victory. My gut still says Michigan wins at home. If Utah wins, it will be because we have a new turnover-causing hero amidst our LB and DB crew.