Thread: Bravo UofU!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Unrelated to the info I got yesterday, I heard an interesting theory... really the only plausible one to explain all of this that puts the Huntsmans in the wrong... basically this was a move to get the Huntsmans out from interfering with things as they are in the midst of trying to raise millions to redo the U hospital.

Don't know how plausible that is, but a theory nonetheless.

I prefer to think the simplest explanation is the most likely: Vivian Lee had a power grab and bullied Pershing into firing Beckerle.

I think that Pershing, Burton and Lee all need to go. Pershing is viewed as a nice buy but largely spineless. Lee is pretty much despised by everyone and Burton seems to attract this sort of stuff everywhere he goes. A person I know, very very active LDS toe-the-line sort of a guy, once said to me about Burton, "That guy is simply a liar." I've yet to see that be proven wrong.
    They already have the money to build the new medical school. The legislature approved 50,000,000 which was the requirement for a donation from a California foundation.

The legislature was rather annoyed that this money didn't immediately up the number of students in the med school however.

It's possible this is all tied to that...but who knows, when I worked there the hospital itself certainly didn't get the same treatment HCI got which could be annoying at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    They already have the money to build the new medical school. The legislature approved 50,000,000 which was the requirement for a donation from a California foundation.

The legislature was rather annoyed that this money didn't immediately up the number of students in the med school however.

It's possible this is all tied to that...but who knows, when I worked there the hospital itself certainly didn't get the same treatment HCI got which could be annoying at times.

They got $50M of the needed $420M for the project. The $50M was required for $47.5M from the California foundation the other $320M is coming from bonds and private donations.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4909787-1...-million-for-u