Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Trojans, Myth's most gullible losers: Oct. 25, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I had that thought. The difference is in 2010 I really thought we were a paper tiger. We had literally played nobody and had beaten up on teams like Iowa State with fluke plays and Shaky.

This year I think we have a great defense and amazing special teams. Plus, Devontae and the O-line have really clicked in the last two games.

But if you told me at the start of the year that in Week 8 we'd be a pick'em against USC despite being in the midst of a raging QB controversy, I would have immediately driven to Atlantic City to put money on USC.
    Based on UCLA, Arizona, OSU, WSU and Stanford games today, I am back to worrying that we are a paper tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Based on UCLA, Arizona, OSU, WSU and Stanford games today, I am back to worrying that we are a paper tiger.
    One game at a time...
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    We'll know a lot more in about 3 hours.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

These bags are on the table at the pregame chalk talk tonight:

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I didn't make it to bed.

1 defensive touchdown! One more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I didn't make it to bed.

1 defensive touchdown! One more to go.
    Travis started to get that panicked look again after taking the sack.

We can't get close to Kessler.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Travis started to get that panicked look again after taking the sack.

We can't get close to Kessler.
    We're okay. The KR-for-to & utah's weird fumble-return cancel out.
    Booker's fumble hurt, but I doubt we see a fumble at the 1 again.

the Utes ran & threw okay. I think fatigue will become a factor in the 2nd half, which favors us.
    I like our chances.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

I know right? Our defense has not looked it's best, and Booker is yet to really make a difference. Who would have thought that with one half in the books our perceived greatest strengths would be underperforming to this level?

The fans need to stop booing the home team.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I think we are in a decent position to win this game, but 3 points on offense against a bad USC defense is really concerning. On the plus side our defense is just awesome. Best in a long time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Our quarterback is 6 foot 7 inches why can't he complete a screen pass?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Any input on the 2 plays that should have been PI's in the first half? I got the feeling that the refs have been told to "let the player's play". Could just be my biased eyes though...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Our quarterback is 6 foot 7 inches why can't he complete a screen pass?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Same reason he can't complete pretty much every other pass.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Same reason he can't complete pretty much every other pass.

3 fumbles by our RBs, but yeah, you're right, Wilson is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    3 fumbles by our RBs, but yeah, you're right, Wilson is the problem.
    Wilson isn't the only problem. He is absolutely part of the problem.

--fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Wilson isn't the only problem. He is absolutely part of the problem.

I think we might see KT. He can underthrow as well as Wilson.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I think we might see KT. He can underthrow as well as Wilson.
    To Wilson's credit he has improved. At least his inaccurate passes are thrown this year where the defense can't intercept them. It is a huge improvement.

--fjm.com

This defense is just great. It is a championship caliber defense and one of the best I can remember at Utah.

--fjm.com

What can they do the kickstart the offense? Reverse? Motion? KT? There is absolutely no flow to this game right now. Can we wear them down?
    Last edited by AnestheUte; 10-25-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnestheUte View Post
    What can they do the kickstart the offense? Reverse? Motion? KT? There is absolutely no flow to this game right now. Can we wear them down?
    I wonder if it's better to take the penalty rather than calling timeout on 2nd & 3 in the 3rd quarter.
    i hope that doesn't come back to haunt us.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

Quote Originally Posted by AnestheUte View Post
    I realize he fumbled twice, but I think you just need to ride Booker and see if he can singlehandedly win the game.

--fjm.com

Aiono that doesn't look good at all.

--fjm.com

Give it up. Run the damn ball. Every time we pass something bad happens.

--fjm.com

My kingdom for a quarterback.

Blechens first tackle...

Don't pass. Don't pass. Just run Booker.

--fjm.com

Damnit he fumbled that. It is either not a catch or a fumble.

--fjm.com

I knew that we were screwed when Clay didn't get the TD.

We have a championship defense and special teams. We have a FCS offense.

--fjm.com

Two fumbles on the one. Brutal.

When will something go right tonight?