Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 NCAA Basketball

This is some funny stuff. Response from Syracuse's Jim Boeheim.

Q: Ron Patterson had a breakthrough game today. How do you feel about his performance and perhaps an increased role for him?
    A: I think we’ve had this question once before and we’ve seen the results, so, let’s just see what the results are.
    Q: On Chris McCullough …
    A: If he’s a lottery pick I don’t how he could possibly struggle against Colgate. It just doesn’t make any sense to me.
    I got a better chance of winning the lottery…and I don’t buy tickets.
    I don’t think [other teams] are even playing him. I don’t think they’re worried about him to be honest with you. He’s got a long way to go, he’s just gotta work hard and work after the game and, you know, gain 20-30 pounds and he’ll be a good player someday.
    Q: Is Tyler Roberson starting to figure things out?
    A: I think he knows he’s in Syracuse. Have a good holiday.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...is-team-again/

#5 Louisville just lost to the Tarheels. That should be enough to move us up another notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    #5 Louisville just lost to the Tarheels. That should be enough to move us up another notch.
    Could also allow UNC to jump us #ACCBias.

Duke down 14 at NC State with 7 to go.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Duke down 14 at NC State with 7 to go.
    And the Devils go down. I doubt we pass them.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

And the Devils go down. I doubt we pass them.
    And Rutgers beat Wisconsin. Bad day for the top 5.

Duke goes down to Miami 90-74 breaking their 41 game home winning streak.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Duke goes down to Miami 90-74 breaking their 41 game home winning streak.
    And it wasn't even close.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

San Diego and Wyoming play tonight. I was surprised to see that of the two, Wyoming is the one ranked in the top 25.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

What a great comeback for Duke. The ACC is really interesting this year.

Wichita State blown out today. It's good for us that they play in a MVC. I don't think they would still be ranked if they played in a tougher conference. Right now, they are our only quality win.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    What a great comeback for Duke. The ACC is really interesting this year.
    I couldn't believe that. They were 0-fer and then hit something like 5 straight 3's, and the last few were definitely challenging shots.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I couldn't believe that. They were 0-fer and then hit something like 5 straight 3's, and the last few were definitely challenging shots.
    It was the UVa gameplan - double down on Okafor and hope Duke doesn't beat you with 3s. Worked very well for 36 minutes.

It was the UVa gameplan - double down on Okafor and hope Duke doesn't beat you with 3s. Worked very well for 36 minutes.
    I guess, as always, when it comes to Duke: you get to choose your poison.

UVA loses Anderson for 4-6 weeks with a broken finger. That's a big loss because he's a first team all-american right now. I watched UVA last night and they are a team you want to avoid in the tournament. They are like Utah with some toughness - great D, timely shooting, strong leadership. I think they'd beat us soundly because they would out-Utah us. The loss of Anderson could cost them a #1 seed, which is bad news for whatever #1 seed gets them in their bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    UVA loses Anderson for 4-6 weeks with a broken finger. That's a big loss because he's a first team all-american right now. I watched UVA last night and they are a team you want to avoid in the tournament. They are like Utah with some toughness - great D, timely shooting, strong leadership. I think they'd beat us soundly because they would out-Utah us. The loss of Anderson could cost them a #1 seed, which is bad news for whatever #1 seed gets them in their bracket.
    1-seed power ranking:

1) Kentucky. Nobody wants to play this team.
    2) UVa. Nobody will be excited about playing this team either.
    3) Duke. Teams will know they have a chance, based on Duke's recent early exits, reliance on freshmen, and loss to NCState.
    4) Gonzaga. Who wouldn't mind being the Zags first tough opponent in 2 months?

1-seed power ranking:

3) Duke. Teams will know they have a chance, based on Duke's recent early exits, reliance on freshmen, and loss to NCState.
    I think there’s a clear top 4 in college hoops this year… Kentucky, Virginia, Duke and Wisconsin. Those are the four teams I’d want to avoid until the regional finals. Unless the Zags lose before Selection Sunday, they’ll get the 1 seed out west. If that’s the case, I’d rather be the 4 seed out west and meet Gonzaga in the sweet sixteen than say the 3 seed in the south and play Wisky in the sweet sixteen (as is currently projected by Lunardi).

Quote Originally Posted by 311ute View Post
    I think there’s a clear top 4 in college hoops this year… Kentucky, Virginia, Duke and Wisconsin. Those are the four teams I’d want to avoid until the regional finals. Unless the Zags lose before Selection Sunday, they’ll get the 1 seed out west. If that’s the case, I’d rather be the 4 seed out west and meet Gonzaga in the sweet sixteen than say the 3 seed in the south and play Wisky in the sweet sixteen (as is currently projected by Lunardi).
    I wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin. I haven't watched them play at all this year, but we have the size to throw with Kaminski (or whatever his name is). I think Gonzaga is actually pretty good. I think I'd take my chance with Wisconsin or UVA (IF Anderson is still out) over the Zags.

1-seed power ranking:

by "2 months" do you mean "3 1/2 months?"

I wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin. I haven't watched them play at all this year, but we have the size to throw with Kaminski (or whatever his name is). I think Gonzaga is actually pretty good. I think I'd take my chance with Wisconsin or UVA (IF Anderson is still out) over the Zags.
    Well, they're all good. Wiscy has been killing teams in the Big10. Gonzaga has those big guys who can really play. I'm afraid our 5 minute scoring draught would turn into a 15 minute drought against UVa. The only certainty is that Kentucky is the best.

Kaminski is unstoppable this year. Imagine Poeltl with Bachynski's strength. That would be a very difficult game. FWIW their style of play reminds me of Utah.

I hope Poeltl sticks around until his SR year to put on 3 more years of muscle and to work on his footwork. At that point he will then be better than Kaminski is today.

Great comeback for Duke. Tyus Jones is a very good basketball player.

Great comeback for Duke. Tyus Jones is a very good basketball player.
    Unbelievable game.

Does it seem like ranked opponents from the Big12 are playing each other every night? That's because 7 out of their 10 teams are good.

Conference Power Ranking by % in top 50 RPI:

1) Big 12 -- 70% in the top 50 (top 40, actually)
    2) Big East -- 60% in the top 50
    3) ACC -- 47% in top 50
    4) Big 10 -- 43%
    5) SEC -- 36%
    6) MWC -- 27%
    7) Pac-12 -- 25%
    8) A-10 -- 21%
    9) MVC -- 20%
    10) WCC -- 10%

Pretty good night of basketball.

NCState punches ticket with upset win @UNC?
    Wisconsin maybe blows the 1 seed with a loss to Maryland?
    Syracuse upset win @ND. Are the Orange in the dance now? I haven't been following them.

Pretty good night of basketball.

NCState punches ticket with upset win @UNC?
    Wisconsin maybe blows the 1 seed with a loss to Maryland?
    Syracuse upset win @ND. Are the Orange in the dance now? I haven't been following them.
    Syracuse self imposed a post season ban this year.

Syracuse self imposed a post season ban this year.
    That's right. I forgot about that. Kinda funny that they did that when they thought it would only cost them an NIT bid.

I just saw a quick T on a Memphis PG, and it made me think about how few T's I've seen this year. How many have been called on Utah this season?

That's right. I forgot about that. Kinda funny that they did that when they thought it would only cost them an NIT bid.

I just saw a quick T on a Memphis PG, and it made me think about how few T's I've seen this year. How many have been called on Utah this season?
    I seem to remember K getting one early this year, but it has been so long it could've been last season.

Anyone else watching this Oklahoma/ISU game? The Sooners were up 20 in the 2nd half when I turned it on a few minutes ago. The Cyclones have come back, and it's tied.