Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Utes vs Harbaugh and those other guys

Most USC fans I know would enjoy seeing Whitt wearing the Ketchup and Mustard (or whatever they call their colors).

Wilner ranks the schedules in the conference from toughest to easiest: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/college...the-schedules/

1. Washington
    2. USC
    3. Cal

4. Utah - Nobody will confuse Fresno State with a top-10 team, but when a trip to the Central Valley looks to be your easiest non-conference game, it’s a tough lineup. And when you play Michigan, Utah State, Fresno and Oregon (in Eugene) it’s a mighty rough September. After that comes a tough October and a difficult November. Life in the South.
    5. Oregon
    6. ASU
    7. Stanford
    8. Arizona
    9. Colorado
    10. UCLA
    11. Oregon St.
    12. Washington St.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Anyone have any insight to the Domo Hatfield tweet?

https://twitter.com/_hattyf/status/633794156687560704

No idea but I hope it means good news. If he does what Clay does and learns his lesson and keeps his head down he will be a better person for it.

2015 Football Season

Red helmet with red face mask for the Michigan game. Just unveiled to the team

It's actually a new helmet "satin red"

https://twitter.com/utesequipment/st...41351307706368

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Diehard Ute; 08-19-2015 at 05:15 PM.

I saw that on the Periscope feed this afternoon. The one titled "Trophy".

It looks sweet in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I saw that on the Periscope feed this afternoon. The one titled "Trophy".

It looks sweet in the sun.
    See this tweet for sun pics

https://twitter.com/utah_football/st...42698971136000

2015 Football Season

Pretty stuff. Hopefully the match they uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    We're getting a transfer from Cal that is a 1 year to play 1 guy: http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com...-utes-football

He has no stats to speak of, so I'll keep expectations low...but hey, he transferred from a P5 team!
    And now Sione Sina has left the team.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

It was fun while it lasted.

He'll go down as having played one game in his career.

He just wasn't likely to make the rotation here. DL is deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Pretty stuff. Hopefully the match they uniforms.

Cap'ns.jpg

A little surprised about no Travis. Guess he had his chance as a sophomore.

Cap'ns.jpg

Maybe they got tired of hearing him say 'definitely'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Maybe they got tired of hearing him say 'definitely'.
    I blame Chris Hill.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I blame Chris Hill.

No, Whittingham is playing it safe.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

We have a lot of battle tested seniors. You can see the maturity, confidence and determination in Travis, more so than when he was a Soph. Kendal doesn't lack for leadership skills. If these two learned anything last year, it's that the QBs better be ready when their number is called, because it almost certainly will be, for different reasons, and if you're not resilient, you have no business playing at this level.

This team seems richer in player leadership than normal, and with a quiet Booker, the opportunities to lead will be there, for the QBs. Combine that with the change in chemistry among the offensive coaches, and who the captains are is not that big of a big deal.

2015 Football Season

Heard podcast of Riley interviewing Travis, who made a point of saying his relationship with the OC is better this year. Afterwards Riley noted that Travis has not been the subject of much attention this fall camp, which is a good thing for Travis and for the team. The last two seasons he was the top story. I tend to agree.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

is it September 3rd yet?

Quote Originally Posted by roseparkutes View Post
    is it September 3rd yet?
    QB's have enough on their plate, no need for them to be captains as well

Sam Tevi wins the LT job for your Utah Utes.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Heard podcast of Riley interviewing Travis, who made a point of saying his relationship with the OC is better this year.
    This is maybe the best news of this season, so far.

I'm intrigued to see how Harding and Roderick do, this year. I'm bullish.
    Last edited by Ma'ake; 08-22-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Good interview with Brian Allen. Impressive young guy:

--Yeats

All Pac-12 preseason from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...erence-offense

RB: Devontae Booker, Utah, senior
    In Booker’s first season at the FBS level, he rushed for 1,512 yards and 10 touchdowns despite being eased into the offense over the first few games.
    DL: Hunter Dimick, Utah, juniorNate Orchard garnered most of the attention, but Dimick quietly put together an outstanding sophomore year, finishing with 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks.
    LB: Jared Norris, Utah, senior
    Norris finished third in the conference in tackles per game (8.9) on his was to 116 total tackles, along with 13 tackles for loss and four sacks.
    Kicker: Andy Phillips, Utah, junior
    Phillips was a first-team All-Pac-12 selection after converting a school-record 23 field goals from 28 attempts, including a 12-of-15 mark from 40 yards or deeper.
    Punter: Tom Hackett, Utah, senior
    Hackett, a native of Australia, won the Ray Guy Award, given to the nation's best punter, and was a consensus All-American.

I was happy to see the Stanford sophomore TE on there. I hope that Shultz kid is enjoying his amazing Stanford education from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    All Pac-12 preseason from ESPN:
    That's 5/25 or 20% of the selections belonging to the Utes. More than any other team. USC is second with 4 selections.

That's 5/25 or 20% of the selections belonging to the Utes. More than any other team. USC is second with 4 selections.
    #Respect.

That's nice, but I'd prefer to lean on Phillips and Hackett as little as possible this year. I'd feel a lot better about this year's team if we had a WR or QB on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    That's nice, but I'd prefer to lean on Phillips and Hackett as little as possible this year. I'd feel a lot better about this year's team if we had a WR or QB on this list.
    Amen. USC's 4 includes the all-conference QB. That's worth much more than a punter and kicker combined.

Tom Hackett was also named the preseason All American Punter. Back to Back Ray Guys here we come!

What do ya'll think of this set of pre-season rankings? Utah is ranked 43 in "Tier 4: A couple will play at a top-25 level:"

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...power-rankings

--Yeats