Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BearUp: #15 Arizona @ #17 Utah

BearUp: #15 Arizona @ #17 Utah

I was going to go with some kind of Goldie Hawn reference, but then I decided to simplify.

Senior day arrives as the 8-2 Wildcats come in to RES to take on 7-3 Utah with the Pac 12 South still hanging in the balance (thanks OSU!)
    Last edited by DrumNFeather; 11-20-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Both teams have had some luck to get where they are. This late in the season, we still only have 4 common opponents:

Oregon: Arizona wins @Oregon, we lose at home. The most surprising result of the Pac-12 season.

USC: Arizona loses close game on road, we win close game at home.

WSU: Arizona blows them out on road. We lose at home.

UCLA: Arizona can't score and loses 17-7 on road. We can score and win on road.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Both teams have had some luck to get where they are. This late in the season, we still only have 4 common opponents:

Oregon: Arizona wins @Oregon, we lose at home. The most surprising result of the Pac-12 season.

USC: Arizona loses close game on road, we win close game at home.

WSU: Arizona blows them out on road. We lose at home.

UCLA: Arizona can't score and loses 17-7 on road. We can score and win on road.
    USC beat Arizona in Tucson.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I was going to go with some kind of Goldie Hawn reference, but then I decided to simplify.
    Goldie Hawn when you have Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, and the Cohen Brothers?

At least you didn't go Keanu and Sandy.

Solomon may be a bit gimpy at kick off on Saturday. If that's the case, he may not be able to walk by the end of the game. A great way for Orchard to finish his RES experience. http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/sto...r-ankle-111714

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Solomon may be a bit gimpy at kick off on Saturday. If that's the case, he may not be able to walk by the end of the game. A great way for Orchard to finish his RES experience. http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/sto...r-ankle-111714
    Let's leave him healthy enough to beat ASU the following week.

Championship game!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point!

I hate Arizona. The last time they played at RES their players were the biggest punks on the sideline. Before every kick-off they would mimic something Reggie Dunn had done after scoring a TD off a kickoff and then promptly kick the ball out of bounds or away from him. I hope we stomp their asses.

Anu Solomon is the latest opponent to trigger my QB envy. I wish we could recruit and develop one like him.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Anu Solomon is the latest opponent to trigger my QB envy. I wish we could recruit and develop one like him.
    At this point in the season...

From the release:

Fans are encouraged be in their seats early on Saturday to see 17 Utah seniors honored in a pre-game ceremony. Listed alphabetically, seniors who will be introduced follow (Tevin Carter will not be recognized as he plans to apply for a medical hardship season): Dres Anderson, WR; Brian Blechen, DB; Kaelin Clay, WR; Wykie Freeman, DB; Jacoby Hale, LB; Sese Ianu, DT; Chandler Johnson, DB; Andre Lewis, WR; Geoffrey Norwood, WR; Nate Orchard, DE; Davion Orphey, DB; Ryan Petersen, WR; Marc Pouvave, OL; Greg Reese, DE; Eric Rowe, DB; Junior Salt, OL; Westlee Tonga, TE.
    That is quite a group of seniors when you sit back and think of it. There's a lot of positive impact to our program among the 17 seniors will be sending off. Between redshirts etc, I'm sure some of these guys transitioned from the MWC, and likely committed to Utah while it was still a MWC school. They've seen a lot of ups and downs and have suffered through back to back 5-7 seasons.

I would like nothing more than to send these seniors out with a winning record in conference, and possibly a 9 or 10 win season.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

From the release:

That is quite a group of seniors when you sit back and think of it. There's a lot of positive impact to our program among the 17 seniors will be sending off. Between redshirts etc, I'm sure some of these guys transitioned from the MWC, and likely committed to Utah while it was still a MWC school. They've seen a lot of ups and downs and have suffered through back to back 5-7 seasons.

I would like nothing more than to send these seniors out with a winning record in conference, and possibly a 9 or 10 win season.
    It's really an amazing list of seniors, who have come from a wide-variety of backgrounds:
    - Signed with the MWC Utes and have been coached WAY up (Orchard, Hale, Tonga, Freeman)
    - Signed with the MWC Utes and arrived as fully-formed football Gods (Blechen, Rowe)
    - JC guys who took a while, but have made an impact (Ianu, Orphey)
    - JC guys who burst onto the scene like a record machine (Clay, Jr Salt)
    - a bunch of guys who, for various reasons, never made a huge impact (everyone else)

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    It's really an amazing list of seniors, who have come from a wide-variety of backgrounds:
    - Signed with the MWC Utes and have been coached WAY up (Orchard, Hale, Tonga, Freeman)
    - Signed with the MWC Utes and arrived as fully-formed football Gods (Blechen, Rowe)
    - JC guys who took a while, but have made an impact (Ianu, Orphey)
    - JC guys who burst onto the scene like a record machine (Clay, Jr Salt)
    - a bunch of guys who, for various reasons, never made a huge impact (everyone else)
    When you go back to that 2010 class, there was a ton of talent in it...even with a couple of washouts.

Also, though he is gone, Lucky Radley, also from that class, had a significant impact on this program. I gotta think that he wishes he just stuck with the Utes given that he's been buried on the depth chart at SDSU.

When you go back to that 2010 class, there was a ton of talent in it...even with a couple of washouts.

Also, though he is gone, Lucky Radley, also from that class, had a significant impact on this program. I gotta think that he wishes he just stuck with the Utes given that he's been buried on the depth chart at SDSU.
    Agreed. One of my favorite signing classes of all-time, even though my two favorites (Damian Payne and Terrell Reese) washed out.

That class also brought us Ken Scott, Dres, John Cullen, Joe Kruger, Star, and Joseph Smith. Praise to the men!

Only two teams this season have had real success running the ball against us: ASU and Oregon. They are both read-option run teams. Is that bad news for us against Arizona? Solomon has had some good running games and some bad running games, but he averages around 10 carries per game.

Only two teams this season have had real success running the ball against us: ASU and Oregon. They are both read-option run teams. Is that bad news for us against Arizona? Solomon has had some good running games and some bad running games, but he averages around 10 carries per game.
    Solomon being slightly hobbled, and a wet field will hopefully help.

Last edited by chrisrenrut; 11-21-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Game day. Senior day. Let's send them off the right way!

Absolutely! I am completely looking forward to an early kick off time, a game that I think is a good match up with our defense and their offense etc. Special teams and turnovers will be the deciding factor. If we win The turnover battle by at least two, we win. Field position will also be a big factor. I would really like to see a blocked kick or punt. I don't think we've seen either this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Absolutely! I am completely looking forward to an early kick off time, a game that I think is a good match up with our defense and their offense etc. Special teams and turnovers will be the deciding factor. If we win The turnover battle by at least two, we win. Field position will also be a big factor. I would really like to see a blocked kick or punt. I don't think we've seen either this year.
    Great point! We are due!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Des, Matt Birk, Corso and Herbie all like the Utes!

Stands look a little empty.

Pass rush needs to get more pressure on Solomon.

Bend but don't break...

Offense looking stale.

Such a dizzying array of offensive plays, I don't know what to expect.

Burned by Solomon hard on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Awful hustle rowe.
    D looking slow and really late to react.

Well we bent, and then we broke.

--Yeats