Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 2014 VEGAS Bowl Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Great game! I really miss having porous undersized defenses to play against. I turned the game off at the half, even though we were only up 14 it was clear who was going to win.
    Dude, turn in your fan card.

I have never turned off a football game, regardless of the time, or the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I think it confirms what was being said about this bowl game - that it was not an enticing matchup. We had AJ turning it off to go read Faulkner, and we had the least amount of discussion on this board of any game this season.

But it was still a great game to watch. We dominated the #2 MWC team. Remember that BYU finished 1-3 against the MWC this season. They should be begging out of any future games they have against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

This cannot be true. You've never watched part of a football game?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I think it confirms what was being said about this bowl game - that it was not an enticing matchup. We had AJ turning it off to go read Faulkner, and we had the least amount of discussion on this board of any game this season.

But it was still a great game to watch. We dominated the #2 MWC team. Remember that BYU finished 1-3 against the MWC this season. They should be begging out of any future games they have against us.
    To be fair, I generally find non-BCS bowl games to be pretty boring. I didn't watch any of our last Las Vegas bowl game. The regular season of college football is where it's at.

To be honest, my daughter wanted to go play outside and so we did. I'll make that choice for every game (except BYU).

This cannot be true. You've never watched part of a football game?

To be fair, I generally find non-BCS bowl games to be pretty boring. I didn't watch any of our last Las Vegas bowl game. The regular season of college football is where it's at.

To be honest, my daughter wanted to go play outside and so we did. I'll make that choice for every game (except BYU).
    Not a Utah game.

Ok, I get the daughter thing. But, that's what a DVR is for.

You think you're better than me?

So, here's my early odds on starting QB next season:

Travis Wilson. 1 in 3. Eight wins this year. Hard to argue with that.
    Kendall Thompson. 1 in 4. One big win and one Oregon drive. His success was 80% scrambling, 15% called runs, and 5% passes. His failures were 50% horrible ball security and 50% going down 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
    Jason Thompson. 1 in 7. A DC guy who got reps in the bowl game.
    Donovan Isom. 1 in 9. Mystery man. Completely untested means he's more likely than those who have come up short when tested.
    Chase Hansen. 1 in 12. Also something of a mystery, though he must have been watched two years ago.
    Brandon Cox. 1 in 40. Has had 2 years to impress coaches and has not moved up depth charts.
    Conner Manning. 1 in 50. Also has had 2 years.
    Adam Schulz. 1 in 100. Not going to be the starter.

I hope Cox moves to defense/WR/KR instead of transferring. If Thompson2 is not in the top 3, I hope he moves to defense as well. I hope Hansen stays at QB, since he is young and Wilson/Thompson will be gone in a year.