Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Draft

2015 NFL Draft

The NFL season wraps this weekend, which means the draft order will be determined. It also means that now that the bowl games are ending, players will start to declare.

As far as Utes go...Poutasi has declared, per twitter and though he will not hire an agent, it is unlikely that he'll return.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

All indications from the senior bowl practices seem to be that Nate Orchard helped his draft stock this week.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Orchard received the Most Outstanding Player award for the North team. Pretty good week for the kid.

5 Utes invited to NFL combine. Interesting that no players from Arizona, Cal, or Colorado were invited.

Seniors Dres Anderson (WR), Kaelin Clay (WR), Nate Orchard (DE) and Eric Rowe (DB), and junior Jeremiah Poutasi (OL) were included in this year’s 323 players invited to show off their skills in front of scouts from all NFL teams.
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=33379329&nid...to-nfl-combine
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I wonder how many returning-players those programs have.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    5 Utes invited to NFL combine. Interesting that no players from Arizona, Cal, or Colorado were invited.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=33379329&nid...to-nfl-combine

Nice write on on Eric Rowe and how he might fit here in Washington: http://realredskins.com/2015/02/13/r...-cb-eric-rowe/

Interesting nugget from the combine yesterday. Poutasi got a "go back to school" grade when he got his NFL evaluation, but he decided to stay in the draft pool and feels he's ready. Hope someone gives him a shot.

Rowe with an unofficial 4.45 40.

Dres Anderson held a pro day today for scouts. He said they clocked him in the 4.3 to 4.4. range.

According to ESPN, we have four likely to be drafted:

Rowe
    Orchard
    Anderson
    Poutasi

And two fringe:

Salt
    Clay

I should add...several mock drafts now have Rowe as a second round pick. So we may see both he and Orchard go in round 2.

All I know is that this guy:

Nate Soelberg.jpg

Is claiming:

I talked to someone who was at the Utah Pro Day the day before, and they said that BYU looked much better overall as a group.
    https://twitter.com/espn960sports/st...55518380249089

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    All I know is that this guy:

Is claiming:

https://twitter.com/espn960sports/st...55518380249089
    lol....

Well then, I guess we should sit back and observe as BYU as more/higher draft picks than Utah in a couple weeks.

Don Banks latest mock draft has row going in the first round to the Patriots. What a meteoric rise for this kid since the end of the season.

I am interested to see what position Rowe plays in the NFL. Anyone have any info there?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    I am interested to see what position Rowe plays in the NFL. Anyone have any info there?
    It sounds like the teams that are willing to reach to get him have a need at Safety. From what I've read teams love that he's played both positions.

Kiper and McShay did a 3-round Mock yesterday and Kiper had New England taking Rowe with the final pick of the first round. McShay had Cleveland taking Orchard in the third, so it sounds like by the weekend we'll have at least 2 Utes off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Kiper and McShay did a 3-round Mock yesterday and Kiper had New England taking Rowe with the final pick of the first round. McShay had Cleveland taking Orchard in the third, so it sounds like by the weekend we'll have at least 2 Utes off the board.
    Ive even seen Poutasi show up in some mock drafts in the late third round. Dres was saying some scouts have him as a third or fourth round pick.......which I have to wonder if that is for the Arena League or if he is getting his "insight" from the same folks who told Luke Nevill that he would likely slide into the first round in 2009........

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Ive even seen Poutasi show up in some mock drafts in the late third round. Dres was saying some scouts have him as a third or fourth round pick.......which I have to wonder if that is for the Arena League or if he is getting his "insight" from the same folks who told Luke Nevill that he would likely slide into the first round in 2009........
    Yeah...I see Dres as someone that a team takes a flyer on maybe in the 6th. When healthy, his value seems to be much higher, but he's going to have a lot to prove coming into the NFL.

I read one scouting report that projects CJ inside at Guard, but that he will be an absolute mauler.

NFL Draft kicks off tonight!

Most of the recent Mocks I've seen don't have Rowe going in the first round anymore, but a lot will depend on what trades are made. I've read that a number of teams are looking to move up from the top of the 2nd into the bottom of the 1st. Should that happen, somebody might be moving up to take Rowe.

Either way it should be a great weekend for the Utes. Rowe and Orchard should be gone by Friday night at the latest, and then CJ, Dres, Clay, and Salt as potential picks/free agent signings.

The Seahawks appear to be very interested in Nate Orchard. That would be a nice place for him. We could use some Utes on this team to complement our two Aggies (Bobby Wagner and Robert Turbin).

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    The Seahawks appear to be very interested in Nate Orchard. That would be a nice place for him. We could use some Utes on this team to complement our two Aggies (Bobby Wagner and Robert Turbin).
    Especially since they aren't picking up Bruce Irvin's 5th year option/potentially trading him.

Rowe listed as Mel Kiper's 3rd best player available. He should hear his name called early tonight.

Side note, loved the Skins taking Brandon Scherff at #5. I was enamored with Leonard Williams, but our OL has been a turnstyle at the right tackle for 2 decades.

Philly trades up and takes Eric Rowe

Orchard to Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Ravens draft TE. Replacing Pitta?
    I'd be surprised if Pitta ever makes it back on the field due to his injuries.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Poutasi to the Titans!

Bump

Bump
    That's funny stuff. Those guys live on another planet. Like I said in another thread, I'd be ok playing them in the Vegas Bowl. Disappointed we weren't ranked higher, but a good consolation prize.

Wilson isn't the best P5 QB, but against mid-major teams, he's lights out. We would destroy BYU.