Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site issues?

Hybrid View

Site issues?

Just FYI, for the last week or so I get this error about 33% of the time when accessing through Tapatalk (v 3.2.1):
    Error 2205 -- Forum is not responding, please try again later.

I don't use tapatalk, but I have noticed the site being laggy frequently, when other sites are not on the same device. I'll click on a post or link, and it will stall when loading, and take up to 30 seconds or do to load the new page.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Reinstall Tapatalk. I had the same issue last summer.

I've noticed another issue.

When searching this site on google chrome I get an error message of file not found. If I hit the back error and click on it again I can get it. Anybody else have this issue?

Now that I'm mechanically running this little site I'll look into it on Monday and see if there is something I need to do.

Still seeing the same error, maybe even more often. Just FYI.

When I access the site from my phone (no tapatalk) I get the generic vBulletin format - no pretty Rice Eccles background like before. The real problem is the generic format doesn't have a "What's New" button!@

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    When I access the site from my phone (no tapatalk) I get the generic vBulletin format - no pretty Rice Eccles background like before. The real problem is the generic format doesn't have a "What's New" button!@
    I'm having the same problem.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Conversely, I am not a fan of the new Tapatalk update. Very busy and hard to get used to.

I hate to be that guy (the guy who uses a message board for free and then complains about it), but UB5 has become really hard to use for non-tapatalk users. I have to go into each individual category to see what is being discussed. Is there a quick fix to bring back the old format where we had the "What's New" button? If not, no worries, but it makes the phone experience a million times better.

I hate to be that guy (the guy who uses a message board for free and then complains about it), but UB5 has become really hard to use for non-tapatalk users. I have to go into each individual category to see what is being discussed. Is there a quick fix to bring back the old format where we had the "What's New" button? If not, no worries, but it makes the phone experience a million times better.
    I still have said option on the regular site.

If I go to the regular site (not Tapatalk) on my iPad or iPhone I sometimes have gotten a weird view. There is a very simple way to bypass that, but I don't recall what it was!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I still have said option on the regular site.
    Hmmm, are you running Android? Mine is just a generic vbulletin page.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't have a phone, so I don't know if it works for you. But there is an "activity stream" link that I use for that.
    Nope, that's the button that I want. That's the only way to follow this board, in my opinion, but I can only do it from my computer.

FWIW, that hasn't happened to me yet.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    FWIW, that hasn't happened to me yet.
    I keep trying, but it hasn't happened to me yet either!

LA often loses the keys to the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have no issues

No problems using either TapaTalk or web browser for me.

Using iPhone 6s.

Maybe you guys should pay your phone bills.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Maybe you guys should pay your phone bills.
    Or stop trying to use the iPhone 4

here's a head scratcher for all you computer whizzes out there: when I try and post in the football section my space bar doesn't work. When I come to complain about my space bar not working, it does. What's going on!?!?!?!

here's a head scratcher for all you computer whizzes out there: when I try and post in the football section my space bar doesn't work. When I come to complain about my space bar not working, it does. What's going on!?!?!?!
    You've used up your allotted spaces in that forum.

What browser? I had that happen with FireFox once. I don't remember what I did to fix it.

Can you try another browser?

I always knew you were a left-winger at heart.

...and your account.

(Just Kidding!)

It worked! Thanks U-Ute.

Andjustlikethat,itstoppedworking.Igiveup.

It worked! Thanks U-Ute.

Try a hammer

It worked! Thanks U-Ute.

Oh! I remember what it was!

It was Comcast's security software. They had a plugin that was breaking my keyboard. I believe it was logging keyboard input to make sure I wasn't typing in credit card numbers or something. You can disable add-ons and see if a similar one is interfering with yours.

Try going to

Options -> Help and click "Restart with Addons-Disabled"
    Help is the circular icon with the ? in it.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Oh! I remember what it was!

It was Comcast's security software. They had a plugin that was breaking my keyboard. I believe it was logging keyboard input to make sure I wasn't typing in credit card numbers or something. You can disable add-ons and see if a similar one is interfering with yours.

Try going to

Help is the circular icon with the ? in it.
    I'lltryit,putitonlyhappensonthiswebsite.