Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In Memoriam - 2016 Obituaries

Oops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 12-28-2016 at 09:06 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

In Memoriam - 2016 Obituaries

LaVell Edwards. This is not a joke

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    LaVell Edwards. This is not a joke

Apparently word was out at the game last night that he wasn't well. Whitt was asking around about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad. He was one of the greats. Kyle's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    The death of Carrie Fisher has filled Facebook with posts like no other event I've seen this year. Kind of bizarre if you ask me and with all due respect I hope it isn't a reflection of our priorities (although it might explain a lot of things).
    Please, we are generating 20 posts per day about Donald Trump. We even have a thread about his tweets. The attention we have given him over the past year is the real reflection of our priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Please, we are generating 20 posts per day about Donald Trump. We even have a thread about his tweets. The attention we have given him over the past year is the real reflection of our priorities.
    I was talking about the general populace on Facebook, but at least talking about The Donald actually has something to do with our lives. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about feeling sad about Carrie Fisher dying, but the volume of posting and the amount of sorrow expressed was pretty remarkable. Maybe all of my friends are nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I was talking about the general populace on Facebook, but at least talking about The Donald actually has something to do with our lives. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about feeling sad about Carrie Fisher dying, but the volume of posting and the amount of sorrow expressed was pretty remarkable. Maybe all of my friends are nerds.

Yeah, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    2016 isn't over yet. Come on, 2016, git 'r done! Come get the Cheeto Berlusconi!

William Christopher, whi played Father Mulcahy on MASH. He was 84.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    William Christopher, whi played Father Mulcahy on MASH. He was 84.
    Crazy that two MASH alumni bookend 2016 in this thread.

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post70275
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Bob Denver - Friday