Thread: Hey, are we back up?

Hey, are we back up?

Testing...

Looks like it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

We are back up.

Unfortunately we lost a few days worth of posting, but everything seems to be fixed. I'm figuring out how to get more frequent backups so we don't have to deal with this again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    We are back up.

Unfortunately we lost a few days worth of posting, but everything seems to be fixed. I'm figuring out how to get more frequent backups so we don't have to deal with this again.

Thanks for taking care of that. If now or in the future you need help please let me know.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Thanks for taking care of that. If now or in the future you need help please let me know.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    We are back up.

Sitake didn't leave, did he? Without all of the missing posts I cannot remember what side of the issues I am on. LA, could you please post the best and worst of your ongoing thread with SU?

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Sitake didn't leave, did he? Without all of the missing posts I cannot remember what side of the issues I am on. LA, could you please post the best and worst of your ongoing thread with SU?
    Hahaha!

Therein lies the true tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    The best would be my posts. The worst would be SU's posts. We are better off not resurrecting those.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

everything is completed now.

Did the issue with trying to be redirected to an unsafe Australian site have something to do with the outage? Just curious.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Did the issue with trying to be redirected to an unsafe Australian site have something to do with the outage? Just curious.
    Yes, Stephen Weigh set up a DOS attack because he is still bitter about Giacoletti. Frankly, so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    smartass
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I wish I could take credit for being a smartass. It was an honest question, and I take it the answer is "yes". I was traveling for work so was a bit disconnected.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 01-09-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I blame Chris Hill
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Wait, the Australian website redirect was not a UB5 fundraising campaign? I gotta go call my credit card provider...

Also, thanks to the computer geniuses who thwarted those dastardly Australians. I missed all of you guys. And I didn't even get to hear about how we thrashed those stupid Buffaloes

--Yeats

It feels great to be back guys. Thanks for letting me back in. I promise not to do that ever again.

I'm getting the unsafe website warning again on my work computer. Access through my phone seems to be fine.

However. our servers are located in Tempe, so it may be due to our win last night.

My FireFox hasn't popped up any trust issues. Maybe your employers are BYU fans?