Thread: The PAC-12 Network Thread

The PAC-12 Network Thread

This subject spans all our sports, so I'm putting it here. I saw this interesting analysis of Larry Scott's PAC-12 Network strategy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pac-12-...195611343.html

What interests me most about this is Scott's focus on owning the content. With cable TV's future so much in doubt, content ownership leaves the conference in the driver's seat. Another reason why it's so terrific to be in our conference.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Larry Scott's contract was extended this morning. It now expires one year prior to the conference tv contract expires. I wonder if they hope to bring someone new in to handle those negotiations when the time comes.

https://www.si.com/college-football/...low_twitter_si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Pac-12 Media Days this morning, Larry Scott announced that the conference will be conducting a pilot program for non-conference games shown on the network will have fewer time outs and a five minute shorter half time. So we'll have less time to enjoy the North Dakota game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    At Pac-12 Media Days this morning, Larry Scott announced that the conference will be conducting a pilot program for non-conference games shown on the network will have fewer time outs and a five minute shorter half time. So we'll have less time to enjoy the North Dakota game.
    I don't like the halftime being shorter for myself or the players.