Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Revenge: Utah vs. Arizona (and ASU) II

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Thus UF.net post is worth a look:

http://utefans.net/message.php?id=1711388
    Puget Ute is one of the few solid posters left on UF.N. It'd be nice to have him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Puget Ute is one of the few solid posters left on UF.N. It'd be nice to have him here.
    He is. But I'll let him reveal himself to you.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I know. I was just giving him a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Do you mean you don't enjoy the incessant joking between TacomaUte, midnighteversin, loyter, mullet ute, sfork etc etc, and sometime even scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Do you mean you don't enjoy the incessant joking between TacomaUte, midnighteversin, loyter, mullet ute, sfork etc etc, and sometime even scratch?
    I would mind it less if I actually got the jokes, but it all seems to be inside stuff. I do check in there 2-3 times a week to see if anything interesting has emerged.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    The warm ups with hoods are idiotic too. Are they trying to look like monks or rappers?
    The recruits loved them. Just an FYI. In that aspect, they are worth it.

I love the Gray uniforms and the warm ups. Haters keep hating, recruits and players love them. I think their opinions matter far more. As long as the uniform says, Utes or Utah, I couldn't care less about the rest.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    The recruits loved them. Just an FYI. In that aspect, they are worth it.
    well, my opinion is obviously worthless then. I guess that must mean the recruits think they look like rappers. When the team came out with the hoods over their heads, I didn't know whether or not they were trying to intimidate UA. pretty silly, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I love the Gray uniforms and the warm ups. Haters keep hating, recruits and players love them. I think their opinions matter far more. As long as the uniform says, Utes or Utah, I couldn't care less about the rest.
    I think you like Gray for personal reasons. Why does it always have to be about you?

--Yeats

I think you like Gray for personal reasons. Why does it always have to be about you?

Because everything is about me!
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Plus, we beat the Wheat Shockers in them!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I would mind it less if I actually got the jokes, but it all seems to be inside stuff. I do check in there 2-3 times a week to see if anything interesting has emerged.
    That site has become a joke. I rarely check there anymore. I want information and decent discussion around Utah sports but 75% of the stuff there is inane banter, political crap, and a bunch of good 'ol boys telling inside jokes and red starring each other.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Utefan View Post
    That site has become a joke. I rarely check there anymore. I want information and decent discussion around Utah sports but 75% of the stuff there is inane banter, political crap, and a bunch of good 'ol boys telling inside jokes and red starring each other.
    Let's be clear. Almost all of us who qualify as good ol boys rarely go there anymore. Most of us are here

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Let's be clear. Almost all of us who qualify as good ol boys rarely go there anymore. Most of us are here
    present and accounted for, sir!

...says a Top 25 Poster.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    ...says a Top 25 Poster.
    Who? I'm certainly not

Who? I'm certainly not
    I was, once, probably 7-8 years ago. I've never understood how one achieves that distinction.

--Yeats

I was, once, probably 7-8 years ago. I've never understood how one achieves that distinction.
    It's all about the stars

I'm okay with utefans bashing only from people who do not visit cougarstadium. No double standards!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I'm okay with utefans bashing only from people who do not visit cougarstadium. No double standards!
    Apples to oranges comparison. Well, maybe a rotten crab apples to moldy old oranges (i'm not saying which is which).

That said, I rarely visit UF.N, it is almost unreadable. I do visit the old CUF, mostly for a good chuckle and the non-sports topics. But that place is growing a little stagnant too.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

This board is beginning to remind me of the movie "Red".

If that analogy holds, I think that makes LA Ute Morgan Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Apples to oranges comparison. Well, maybe a rotten crab apples to moldy old oranges (i'm not saying which is which).

That said, I rarely visit UF.N, it is almost unreadable. I do visit the old CUF, mostly for a good chuckle and the non-sports topics. But that place is growing a little stagnant too.
    I don't dislike UF.net. I just don't get it anymore. There are people there I really like. Same with CS. I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Utefan View Post
    There's no good reason for a site like UB5 to exist if Utefans was operated properly. It literally had a monopoly on everything Ute related save for some hard core recruiting stuff, and a majority of the fanbase doesn't really eat that stuff up anyway. But it was the first such site out there, and had it evolved with the times, it could have been a true monster. Now it's a shell of itself. Certain posters were allowed to run amok and turn it into a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    There's no good reason for a site like UB5 to exist if Utefans was operated properly. It literally had a monopoly on everything Ute related save for some hard core recruiting stuff, and a majority of the fanbase doesn't really eat that stuff up anyway. But it was the first such site out there, and had it evolved with the times, it could have been a true monster. Now it's a shell of itself. Certain posters were allowed to run amok and turn it into a farce.
    It wasn't the first, but it happened to be the one available at the right time.

You're right that they botched it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Webmonkey blew it. I asked him several times to switch the format to vbulletin and he just kept saying "No one wants to do that". I quit going to site because I got sick of the same thing being reported 15 times a day.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Who? I'm certainly not
    You are in our hearts. Although that could be heartburn. Either way, we like your posts.

Anyone know how many aliases that Moose has had over at UF.N? And how long has this guy been at this schtick of his? When I was on twitter, it seemed like every two months a new alias would pop up with the moose characteristics. Last I checked, he was masquerading as an official representative of this site.

I think he has hit this board a few times as well.

A couple posters in particular drove me away with either their crude outbursts, or necessity to constantly piss vinegar on anyone that wasn't board royalty. Fortunately, they haven't found their way here. It's possible one has passed away so not inclined to name names. Suffice it to say, this board has evolved into a nice outlet.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    A couple posters in particular drove me away with either their crude outbursts, or necessity to constantly piss vinegar on anyone that wasn't board royalty. Fortunately, they haven't found their way here. It's possible one has passed away so not inclined to name names. Suffice it to say, this board has evolved into a nice outlet.

my sentiments exactly.

Apparently the PAC-12 doesn't have the corner on bad referees.

This was called as an offensive foul.

https://vine.co/v/O0F0MDbWxnA