Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Sancho Bowl - Utah vs (Evil Carpetbagging Tobacco Money) Duke

That on the hip cradle move Cook did drives me nuts.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Is hooking still illegal? When was the last time anyone saw it called?
    At least once on the Utes earlier this year

Bachinsky is playing like he understands it could be his last game, and isn't going to go quietly. Pretty good when coach Krzwdsthjsy mentions you by name on national television as being a problem for his team.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

It drives me CRAZY that they didn't call anything fir the first 12 minutes, then started calling ticky tacky stuff.

That moving sideline camera is annoying.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 03-27-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

The Sancho Bowl - Utah vs (Evil Carpetbagging Tobacco Money) Duke

We are just being outplayed now. Stupid TOs by our best players, our best 3 pt. shooter missing by a foot -- repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LA Ute; 03-27-2015 at 09:26 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

The next 5 minutes are key. We have to stop this run and keep it in reach.

We have to win this game. I can't think of a worse thing than a Duke Zags matchup. The 2 most despicable programs in college hoops.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

We have to hit outside shots to have a chance to win. Jordan hit one or two, it's not impossible. Brandon needs to settle down.

Man these guys love to bark. I'd love it if we could shut them up.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Taylor has been awful this game.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

I fear that is it for the game. Defense has been incredible, but our offense has been bad.

--fjm.com

I fucking hate Duke.

--fjm.com

We are done...

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post

This might be his worst performance of the season.

I don't think it's in the cards for us tonight. We won't recover from the TOs now and there's a lid on the basket. We've shot ourselves badly in both feet. Too bad. Let's hope this doesn't become a blowout.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Off by a foot or so on his 3 pt attempts. An airball from 8 feet.

--Yeats

The Sancho Bowl - Utah vs (Evil Carpetbagging Tobacco Money) Duke

Reyes should not be in the game and if he is he shouldn't touch the ball on offense.

--Yeats

Well I'm done. I can't watch this anymore.

--fjm.com

Shooting 30% isn't going to get it done. Our guys weren't mentally ready for this stage. How many shots have we missed inside of 5 feet, let alone being 1-6 from 3 point range. Add turnovers to the mix and it's not even a game.

Gosh, it'd be one thing if they were just out-quicking us but almost all these turnovers seem unforced.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Shooting 30% isn't going to get it done. Our guys weren't mentally ready for this stage. How many shots have we missed inside of 5 feet, let alone being 1-6 from 3 point range. Add turnovers to the mix and it's not even a game.
    They play fast and physical and we've struggled with both styles this year. Let's hope they work on both this off-season.

This might be our most spectacular scoring drought all year. 0-8 possessions, 4 TOs.

--Yeats

Showing some fight.

Well I'm done. I can't watch this anymore.

We will beat the spread.

I hope Larry can convince Poeltel to stick around next year.

On the bright side, Duke averages 80 points a game, don't they?

--Yeats

Not to pile on Jordan but he did not show up again. Then again, who really did?

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Not to pile on Jordan but he did not show up again. Then again, who really did?

All the guys who failed to show up in our big games are going to have to figure that out next year.

This will be a learning experience.

Jordan is this year's whipping boy, and sometimes deservingly so. But he wasn't much worse than Delon tonight. Fewer rebounds, but probably less turnovers.

No heroes for us tonight. I guess Bachinsky played well. None of our starters did. Am I missing anyone?

--Yeats