Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: 2016 Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Oh drop the act. You've exposed yourself as a Utah-hating, BYU-loving troll over the last few pages of this thread.

You've suggested Kenyon Frison is transferring to Utah and we haven't heard a word about that. How do you explain that? And all those posts about how much you hate Max' sister? Absolutely vile. And worst of all you critiqued Whit's recruiting! For the love of God, lighten up.

Now, what were we talking about? Oh yes. The linebackers we have might be the best in the nation if not the universe.....
    👏 👏👏

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'm still chuckling that someone thinks OC is such a connected source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies for posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    My apologies for posting here.
    You're just going through your hazing period. It'll be over soon. Diehard will present you with your beanie.

092a619c8c8249e712f88616a06026c0.jpg

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    You're just going through your hazing period. It'll be over soon. Diehard will present you with your beanie.

We're fresh out of beanies.

He should be grateful. Many of us had to be hazed by Zoobs.

NCAA has rescinded the satellite camp ban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monte Seabrook says he's transferring.

https://twitter.com/iceman_300bang/s...89855834230784

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Monte Seabrook says he's transferring.

https://twitter.com/iceman_300bang/s...89855834230784
    Very athletic, but was unable to really see the field other than special teams. I expect that there will be a few more before summer workouts begin.

Utah football: Utes elated by NCAA decision to rescind satellite camp ban

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/3831656...elated-by-ncaa

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus

--Yeats

I think there's room for Utah (the poster) and those who swallow everything the coaching staff says to both be right here. I could see why assistants would be against the ban. I can see why Kyle would be in favor of it -- he's probably spending the least amount of time out of anyone on the staff.

Institutionally, I think a school like Utah should be for the ban. Keep everyone on the same playing field and don't force us to spread our recruiting resources any thinner. Have complete ownership of your recruiting grounds -- in-state, California, Texas JUCOs and Vegas. We can dip into Florida because of Erickson's presence, but by and large, any deviation from this needs to have a purpose that falls in line with what we do in our traditional stomping grounds.

The bigger schools will always be able to do these satellite camps better than Utah because their alumni bases are bigger and more spread out. Because of that, there are more voices from outside the football program that are credible and can give better tips to our staff on kids we might have a shot at that we're missing out on.

On a related note, I would ditch the Northern Illinois series for a game against ANY Florida FBS school. If that means the best we get is Florida International, I'm all for it.

Utah football: Utes spreading recruiting footprint in Northern California

It's good for the program to be seen often in the Bay Area.

--Yeats

Utah football: Utes spreading recruiting footprint in Northern California

It's good for the program to be seen often in the Bay Area.
    I guess, but it would make a lot more sense if we weren't playing in NoCal again in two weeks.

I was looking into Quinn Meier one of the walk-ons, the RB that is a true freshman local kid from Utah, he was from Olympus HS.
    I only see one thread on him from Pre-season and its closed. But they were confusing Quinn Meier with his older brother (who was also a top Utah HS RB, Coleman Meier).
    I read some mis info on the family. FYI-Quinn Meier opted not to go on a mission, and is a true freshman. Currently on the scout team. The family is not BYU fans.The dad hates the Y, he graduated from ASU. But its possible the mom's family are BYU fans. The brother is however playing Rugby for BYU.
    Last edited by GloryDazeUte; 11-04-2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: too long

We are stacked at RB right now. We just don't need them this year. It will be tough to find Tolatau a scholarship as we have so few this summer.

It's just bad luck being available in a year when we already have so many RB's and so few scholarships.

Tolatau is likely Harvey Langi--a linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Tolatau is likely Harvey Langi--a linebacker
    I think we are the only ones recruiting him as a RB. So, while he might end up somewhere else, he will be a RB for a year or so.