Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Football Recruiting Discussion Thread

I took a peak at this kid's twitter page. lol. just before this article, he was telling people to calm down because he was solid to the Utes (kind of like how Harvey Langi was excited to come back and become a defensive end for Utah........three months before he transferred.)

I chalk this up to a kid who is getting a ton of attention at a stage where his brain is not developed enough to handle it properly (ie, he is a kid being a kid and doing what the overwhelming majority of people in his shoes would do).

I generally get upset when we lose commits, but then I also tend to forget their names and focus on those who actually show up and want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    I took a peak at this kid's twitter page. lol. just before this article, he was telling people to calm down because he was solid to the Utes (kind of like how Harvey Langi was excited to come back and become a defensive end for Utah........three months before he transferred.)

I chalk this up to a kid who is getting a ton of attention at a stage where his brain is not developed enough to handle it properly (ie, he is a kid being a kid and doing what the overwhelming majority of people in his shoes would do).

I generally get upset when we lose commits, but then I also tend to forget their names and focus on those who actually show up and want to be here.
    I'm in the same boat. I certainly get annoyed when we lose guys, and I try to follow recruiting pretty closely, but then I see guys like #90 who scored the TD on Saturday night and I could not tell you if he was a 1 star or 5 star and if we had to beat out Snow or Florida St. for him. I am confident though, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that once they get to Utah the coaches will get there absolute best out of them.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Word on the Twitter street is that Handsome Tanielu is taking a look at BYU. How does a talented Snow College DT, who's been Tweeting Star highlights get so confused? I mean, he's not dumb enough to fall for jokes like this, is he?
    Playing time?

Boise, aka Paradise...I wish that was true.
    Verbal commit Tyler Huntley puts up 447 yards passing. #passinggame
    Hope he stays with Utah.
    Hallandale QB Tyler Huntley 447 yards passing nationally rated St Thomas. @SFHSSports
    "We're pretty damn good," -- Coach John Pease

I read on the Twitter that a couple of Florida recruits will be out for the ASU game on 10/17. One is Armunz Mathews, currently committed to USF, but shows a ton of offers. The other is Hussein Howe, a RB who shows offers from Miss St. and Wisconsin among others. Would be a nice time for a blowout.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

This is the kind of stuff that has to help with recruits....especially Florida ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaches doing work.

Recruiting.jpg

Coaches doing work.

Recruiting.jpg
    Have we received a commitment from Vegas lately? Seems those dry heat kids never make it to the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Have we received a commitment from Vegas lately? Seems those dry heat kids never make it to the mountains.
    We've got three on the team. Bubba Poole, Marcus Sanders-Williams, and a Freshman OL named Daniel Heller, who apparently went to high school a mile away from me. :emb:

We also have a kid from the lovely North Las Vegas, a Freshman DB named Casey Hughes.

And just like that, Fred Whittingham has turned on the bat signal. Either he, too, is excited about the basketball facility or we should hear about a new commit in the near future.

EDIT: Kyle Goon@kylegoon 6m6 minutes ago
    WR RJ Hubert from Moapa Valley (Nev.) and LB Alema Pilimai from Tustin (Calif.) are the new Utah football commits.

And just like that, Fred Whittingham has turned on the bat signal. Either he, too, is excited about the basketball facility or we should hear about a new commit in the near future.

EDIT: Kyle Goon@kylegoon 6m6 minutes ago
    WR RJ Hubert from Moapa Valley (Nev.) and LB Alema Pilimai from Tustin (Calif.) are the new Utah football commits.
    Hubert may be projecting as a safety. 5'11" 178.

Pilimai plays QB and LB, 6'4" 194 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

Hubert is from a tiny high school about an hour north of Vegas. Crazy that they produced a D1 athlete. I've worked with several kids from that high school on environmental projects, but something tells me that he wasn't in FFA.

The kid has jumps. Cleared 6'7 in high jump and 23'4 in long jump.

Both expected to be sign and sends.

Let this sink in. QB verbal commit Tyler Huntley has over a thousand yards in just 2 games.
    Check out @larryblustein's Tweet: https://twitter.com/larryblustein/st...318501376?s=09
    In Hallandale's 56-38 win over Jackson, Tyler Huntley was 25-44, 515 yds, 7 tds. Over 1,000 yards and 12 TDs in 2 games. @SFHSSports

Fred Whittingham has put up the bat signal.
    Ute fans welcome Semisi Lauaki. He's a sign and send DL.
    Check out @AMarkhamRivals's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AMarkhamRivals/s...966909952?s=09

Sounds like a great kid with a lot of character.
    http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/...-family-112014

Does anyone know how many spots the Utes have left? Seems like they are getting close to full but they also have a good handfull of sign and sends.

Huge recruiting weekend for football and basketball. Feel free to share what you know.

For football we'll see-
    Lamar Jackson 4* S
    Isaac Garcia 3* TE
    Eric Briscoe Jr. 3* S
    Scott Peck 3* OT - has already committed.
    There are a handfull of unofficial visit guys also, not sure who they are. Stovall 4* ATH/slot receiver will be here next week.

Basketball - looks like Hanno will be playing tour guide for the Finn Lauri Markkanen 5* PF. Hopefully Hanno is able to take him home committed to the Utes.
    Jayce Johnson 4* C will also be here.

Any flippable 4-5 star SC recruits out there?

This is technically a '17 commit, but this Ty Jones tweet makes me laugh. So Ty Jones is the kid that is a Utah County wide receiver Utah commit that has been texting positive BYU stuff ever since he was blown away by the LES game experience he had at the BYU-BSU game. Is this Utah telling the kid, thanks but no thanks?

Some news from this morning, Kurtis Taufa OLB from Snow has recommitted to Utah. Originally committed to the U then committed to Kansas now back to Utah. Not sure why Kansas was even in the mix. Playing time maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Damage U View Post
    Some news from this morning, Kurtis Taufa OLB from Snow has recommitted to Utah. Originally committed to the U then committed to Kansas now back to Utah. Not sure why Kansas was even in the mix. Playing time maybe?
    Maybe making sure his mom could get tickets to games was a high priority for him.

So, I'm guessing Chris Hill has given his okie dokie on stadium expansion. Fill in the south end zone corners for moms!

Quote Originally Posted by Damage U View Post
    This is great to hear! Playing time is there for the taking next year at linebacker with all of the big three graduating.

Red and blue recruits: Wayne Kirby decommits from BYU, gets offer from Utah

I just hope we can give this guy good seats to our games.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Saw Langi Tuifua (Bingham, Oregon commit) and Sione Heimuli-Lund (Brighton, Stanford commit) and Jay Tufele (Bingham, Oregon) on the sidelines with Kahi Neves tonight.

Tucker Scott was also in town along with Cole Fotheringham

Saw Langi Tuifua (Bingham, Oregon commit) and Sione Heimuli-Lund (Brighton, Stanford commit) and Jay Tufele (Bingham, Oregon) on the sidelines with Kahi Neves tonight.

Plus Stovall and some guys from Florida.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Most importantly, Tucker and Cole were here on unofficials with Jack Sears, high priority 2017 QB target from San Clemente. I hope he enjoyed watching Travis's performance. San Clemente is becoming a very important school for us.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide